Asmus Toys : Gimli (pre-production discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e28c8e680c9e55a4e4143adf1820951e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woah the battle axe looks cool and really satisfied seeing the lothlorien cape on him 😊

I am a little concerned about the wear and tear on that connection to the cape if the axe is heavy. I wonder if they thought about it. Not sure how heavy the axe will so maybe it’s not an issue anyway.

F1578C9D-DCEC-4571-8D63-F02895C29DC2.jpgF1578C9D-DCEC-4571-8D63-F02895C29DC2.jpgI doubt they will do a connection to the cape. Most likely it’s a back mounted axe holder and the cape has a slit down it to expose it for exterior wear. (Legolas has the same type of deal).

Last edited:
Gimili looks awesome. There needs to be Legolas 2.0 with rooted hair. The sculpted hair doesn't work.

Liking the detail.

This figure has been a long time coming. Remember when it was listed as one of the original 5 figures in 2013 along with Gothmog and Gandalf?

It's the last figure some of us need to finally complete the Fellowship. The teases are killing me lol.

This figure has been a long time coming.
Remember when it was listed as one of the original 5 figures in 2013 along with Gothmog and Gandalf?
Screw that! I remember when I was excited for more Fellowship figures from Sideshow. I feel ****in' old, man.

The Fellowship won't be complete until we get the updated LOTR era Gandalf head ;)

Screw that! I remember when I was excited for more Fellowship figures from Sideshow. I feel ****in' old, man.

I know exactly how you feel. 1/6 Aragorn was my first step into this 1/6 hobby and it was a crushing blow when Sideshow’s line died. They sucked me in again when they did the 1/6 statues only to once again see them not complete the fellowship.

I know exactly how you feel. 1/6 Aragorn was my first step into this 1/6 hobby and it was a crushing blow when Sideshow’s line died. They sucked me in again when they did the 1/6 statues only to once again see them not complete the fellowship.

Ooh, still mad at them for that after pretty much promising they would. Jokes on you Sideshow, good luck getting my money now. :wink1:

And the PFs as well. And they all sold out! Never made sense to me.

And the PFs as well. And they all sold out! Never made sense to me.

Yup. A PF of Sam & Bill, one with Merry & Pippin maybe sitting on a Treebeard branch, Gimli on Balin’s tomb and Boromir blowing his horn at Amon Henn all would have sold out in my opinion.

The Fellowship won't be complete until we get the updated LOTR era Gandalf head ;)

I'll be...OKAY if this never happens. I skipped out on the first release and just repainted my old Sideshow one and picked up a few parts here and there to update it.

That said, if they DO actually release the original-head LOTR Gandalf, I'll be on it like peanut butter on jelly.

I'm SO excited to see the Gimli reveal. It's amazing that within a year (maybe a bit more, depending on Gimli), I will have gotten an entire well-done Fellowship on the shelf. Boggles my mind after waiting for 15 years!

After that, I can only cross my fingers that they'll make a Gollum. He's the only other one I'd want :)

Yep. When they started to make those statues instead it felt very painful...
Oh well, at least I still have that Aragorn PF. Wish I was fast enough to get the Galdalf one too...

Back