Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sarcasm? That comparison shows that the sculpt is VERY close...

Only hair/beard is off.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised. This is honestly one of the better sculpts I've seen. I understand the beard is a bit rounded off when it should be pointed, but as far as likeness and realism, the paintwork on the face. . . it's a very well done head.

From Asmys Facebook:

"Thx to the amazing artists for bringing us the wonderful figure of Gandalf.

Looking forward to see more exciting works in 2014 !!

Happy New Year ~"

1484017_10151773969701968_1507471234_o.jpg

No, I meant those who design and approve prototypes must be punished for their crimes against logic and taste.
We have one Sideshow Collectibles already, don't need another.

:peace

If you look on all the pics in small print it says "concept only". That's what worries me.

Actually,
the phrase "Concept Only" was demanded to add on by the license approval. We didn't want to delay the whole process any longer by arguing with the selection of words...

I personally hate it, like most of you said...
what does that even mean...?

This is not a design, we will duplicate THIS prototype,
it will be exactly the same !
I can live with "prototype only" or "not final product"...
but "concept only" don't even make sense here. Sorry.

Actually,
the phrase "Concept Only" was demanded to add on by the license approval. We didn't want to delay the whole process any longer by arguing with the selection of words...

I personally hate it, like most of you said...
what does that even mean...?

This is not a design, we will duplicate THIS prototype,
it will be exactly the same !
I can live with "prototype only" or "not final product"...
but "concept only" don't even make sense here. Sorry.
If what is shown is what we will get you can count on this collector to buy every LOTR figure Asmus releases. I think it looks phenomenol.

Part of what hurt SST figures was they showed a prototype and when the actual product shipped many of them weren't any where near what was shown. That included their other lines as well. To suggest that another company shouldn't release or redo a line because we have Sideshow is completely absurd.

Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to what you can do with this line.

No, I meant those who design and approve prototypes must be punished for their crimes against logic and taste.
We have one Sideshow Collectibles already, don't need another.

:peace
If the product that Asmus releases is even close to what they have shown it blows the SST LOTR line completely out of the water. It's not even close. Other than the body problem with the Witch King they are off to a very good start.

Are you guys ****ing serious? That sculpt is real close to being spot on.

I was referencing the gfx font design on the photos not the sculpt. I should have clarified! Figure design team is working wonders!

That being said I am even fine with the beard as-is. Seeing this sculpt is making me consider building out a LOTR collection! I love the witch king...such a spectacular start...and with my fave character! I will gladly keep ordering. I never got into collecting the sideshow 1/6 LOTR figures.

Gandalf and Gothmog are on order! I cannot wait to see what is next! Very curious about what is in store with the horses.

Back