Asmus Toys: Gandalf the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone does the Strider version of Aragorn, let's see a more kingly version.

I like the changes. He looks good.

I like the SSC figure but I never thought it looked like Ian Mckellen. Great Gandalf figure but the likeness was lacking. I never said anything because of the resounding praise it gets. I thijk this looks more like him. Its not spot on but its better.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Everyone does the Strider version of Aragorn, let's see a more kingly version.

I think that's likely. All of the other confirmed/previewed figures from Asmus are RotK designs from either Pelennor Fields or the Black Gate. Maybe Asmus is going to start at the end and work its way back.

I think that's likely. All of the other confirmed/previewed figures from Asmus are RotK designs from either Pelennor Fields or the Black Gate. Maybe Asmus is going to start at the end and work its way back.

If Mouth of Sauron is indeed confirmed, I'd want an Aragorn from that scene as well.

And I'll keep saying it until you all bow to my will - the Sideshow figures are great and the Strider Aragorn looks great (with a repaint).

Pretty sure they are doing Strider Aragorn.
Yep, they said they were going to redo him b/c of the one by SS being less than satisfactory if I remember correctly
Aragorn from the Black Gates or as King Elessar would be an instant buy.

I've been able to resist but if they make a king Elessar I'd think I'd have to buy that.

Fellowship from FotR are the only figures I'd buy. Bill the pony included.

But first you need to show me Hot Toys quality Boromir to convince :lol

I think this and the Witch King will go great with one another, like book ends. One representative of thw light and one of the dark.

Just saw this on facebook! Fixed beard! Asmus rocks! :yess:

1503925_10151780412131968_2113046885_n.jpg

It is amazing to see the response to feedback. This is encouraging for more figures in this line! Now if they lighten the thread details on the vest, this figure will be beyond perfection.

:clap:clap:clap
:rock!

Does anyone have a pic of a well futzed/posed SSC Gandalf the Grey? I google imaged it but all the pics I see are ones that look like someone took it straight out the box and plopped it on the shelf without care. I'm interested in buying one but with that many layers of clothes I want to make sure it can be futzed to look for right.

Does anyone have a pic of a well futzed/posed SSC Gandalf the Grey? I google imaged it but all the pics I see are ones that look like someone took it straight out the box and plopped it on the shelf without care. I'm interested in buying one but with that many layers of clothes I want to make sure it can be futzed to look for right.

Pretty sure if you ask Mags he might take a pic for you....that is if he still has his (I'm sure he does though with him being a big LOTR fan)

Didn't MarfMaster have an awesomely futzed and repainted one? May not have been Marf, but was definitely one of the old timers here. It looked fantastic, had me just about drooling over it.

Edit: it was Flosi's

Nice work, Rze! Thought I'd show mine off too... Paints by Ski, weathering by me.

DSCF1520_zps45ea48b9.jpg

DSCF1519_zps11cf8f51.jpg

DSCF1518_zps22b9ad39.jpg

DSCF1517_zps1f7e9f86.jpg

DSCF1516_zps72014946.jpg

DSCF1515_zps9b301895.jpg

DSCF1514_zpse7c72739.jpg

DSCF1513_zps3b10a52a.jpg

DSCF1512_zps1a3aa0b6.jpg

DSCF1511_zps4c174ef9.jpg

That looks fantastic! :rock

Flosi needs pop in and tell us more about him. Excellent futzing. Skiman painted the sculpt I know but this is the first time I've seen it on the figure. Looks like some weathering is going on there too.

Edit: Just read that he weathered it.

The GtG repaint looks fantastic. I wonder if SS and Asmus will be the same relative scale or if these will be slightly smaller like HT. I have yet to see a decent Aragorn resculpt or repaint though. Compare the figure head sculpt to SS's 1:6 statue. I hope they do a nicer job on the Hobbit and Dwarf bodies.

Back