Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think they would re-do a character. A LOTR version wouldn't be an actual re-do, so it's more probable.

Would love to see another Gandalf especially with realistic rooted hair and beard. :gandalf

Hopeful this will be getting the Slim treatment with the originally shown LotR sculpt soon. I passed on this Hobbit version for it.

Anybody want to let their Gandalf the Grey go for a Threezero Jon Snow? God I want this figure but I am so impatient waiting on a slim version and with Gimli coming I am really kicking myself for not snagging him when I had the chance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When I asked them in January they said regarding slim Gtg “we do plan to update Gandalf but we are not sure about what forms or when we will do that.”

When I asked them in January they said regarding slim Gtg “we do plan to update Gandalf but we are not sure about what forms or when we will do that.”
Well, that is good news. Hope it starts showing up in teasers at least before 2018 is up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I actually asked them also regarding the gandalf slim, this is their response.
357d019549ba1be25a8e8054b5ee5ad5.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

I passed on GtG, as I felt that the SS version was good enough. But after seeing what Asmus has been able to do with Gimli and specifically with the beard, I would definitely pick up at least one new GtG, if it offered workmanship similar to Gimli.

Forgive me for this post, but I was hoping to buy the original Fellowship of the Ring in 1:6 scale. However, Gandalf was missing. Have they not released this figure?

Forgive me for this post, but I was hoping to buy the original Fellowship of the Ring in 1:6 scale. However, Gandalf was missing. Have they not released this figure?
It's been sold out for awhile now. Either look on eBay or wait for their Slim version supposedly coming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I ask asmus toys again regarding their re-release of Gandalf, and this is their response, really looking forward to this
593cdc46a2406b64e229595f12a78de0.jpg

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Can't wait! I passed on the original Gandalf as although the face sculpt was excellent (but definitely The Hobbit era McKellen), the rooted hair looked too thin and sculpted beard didn't do the face justice. A definitive FOTR Gandalf is still required before I'm happy to say the 1/6 Fellowship is complete :)

Back