Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GtG.jpg

I'v just fallen of the 'Marvel and Star Wars ONLY' wagon and bought the Saruman and Boromir figures and obviously now have to have the others for the set but Gandalf seems to be very hard to get a hold of. I did read a post that suggested Asmus was releasing a slim version, would anyone have any information on when/if thats going to be, thanks.

No news yet, unfortunately. I'm interested to see where that goes. But if I were you, and you don't want to wait, you could always pick up the old Sideshow Gandalf. With a good repaint, and switching to a more modern body, he fits right in with the others. In fact, here's mine with Legolas and Aragorn.

IMG_3258.jpg

Asmus confirmed on one thread of another that they will indeed be releasing a Slim version of Gandalf, with the original sculpt rather than the one they used in the first release.

anyone know where i can get a gandalf head? I lost my through the post office and not just have the figure with no head

Asmus confirmed on one thread of another that they will indeed be releasing a Slim version of Gandalf, with the original sculpt rather than the one they used in the first release.

Is that the sculpted hair version they showed a while back?

First time repainting a 1:6 head! Was nervous as hell with the hair, but a lot of patience and taking it slow and I'm pretty happy with the end result! Also darkened the hair in parts and gave it some light tints of browns instead of full on grey. Might redo the mustache at some point. Haven't gotten the balls to do that yet.
4d562dbccd1c3dfb1f012085debab04f.jpg
f4325242fd619e00ea66b2f7050de19e.jpg
Screenshot_20180110-014236.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Fantastic job, man! You are a FAR braver soul than I am!

Which head is that?

(The beard work is excellent, too!)
Thanks. It's a custom I got off eBay awhile back. Just felt like the paint needed some work and the hair needed some tones added.

Here are some before and after pics. 20180110_110443.jpg20180110_110326.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That looks fantastic
Your Gandalf looks awesome. The stock sculpt is probably my least favorite sculpt that Asmus has done. Kind of bummed we haven't heard or seen anything about the different sculpt.
Thanks guys, yeah that original Gandalf sculpt they teased at the beginning was beautiful. Wish they used that. Hopefully a slim version isn't far off for that. Maybe they are focusing on Gimli to get the rooted beard right and then revisiting GtG. *Fingers crossed*

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I got a message from Asmus on Facebook saying there are plans for Gandalf coming very soon....

I should clarify that the message read Asmus has plans for "another version of the wizard." :gandalf_w

Yep, that's what I'm expecting, a LOTR version with a new (the one first shown?) sculpt.

Back