Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking better, but will reserve final opinion until after paint-ups are shown. The widow's peak is there and he does look to be younger. Correct about the eyebrows. I think that would help out quite a bit.

I'd still like to see the first head offered as a replacement for GtW because it would be perfect. I'd just get it rehaired.

He looks better. The widow's peak is still really unnatural though and I'd probably mod it if I get this.

Good to see some of the wrinkles smoothed out. I still want that original sculpt though. :(

Still no eyebrows...

I think a widow's peak mod would be fairly straight forward with this one. You'd just need to glue a u-shaped tuft of hair in the center of the widow's peak that goes straight back, covering the part. (Gandalf doesn't have much of a part.) Might need some extra hair to do that, though. I think the Tibetan lamb's wool comes in gray. Hopefully it's similar enough to blend in.

Overall, pretty pleased with this new development!

New pic on FB. Small widows peak here. Also looks like a lot of the wrinkles were smoothed out.
View attachment 260678

Its getting closer and closer to this. The hair and will look fabulous once its in the correct colour and the skin is painted.
IMG_20150311_105641.jpg

This looks great, but the wizard hat looks to be the same colour as his robe in the pictures. Is it just the lighting?

Looking very good indeed. Can't wait. After having the figures in hand I stopped any criticism as they truly are great and listen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just dont understand why they don't simply add rooted hair to that first awesome sculpt, seems like a lot less work than creating all these new sculpts???

Very cool! A lot of folks were asking for this. I don't know if I'll be using it because I would rather go for a LotR look than Hobbit, but any additional stuff is always welcome. It's always a huge bonus when the work is top notch, like the scarf is looking.

Final materials for Gandalf's scarf are on Facebook. Looks good to me. Love how fine the tassels are. My phone won't attach the photos for some reason.

Back