Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'll gladly pay a higher price, if the material used for the figure is top notch. At least don't use the same brittle plastic they used for the earlier armors.

i'll gladly pay a higher price, if the material used for the figure is top notch. At least don't use the same brittle plastic they used for the earlier armors.

Dunno. I'm a fan of Die-cast but ACI Nazguls are already top heavy (one of my knees broke just sitting him on the horse)...I can't imagine what kind of body can sustain a huge metal Sauron armor. And even the screen used stunt armor (aka every shot except closeups) was plastic.
But I agree on using a good quality plastic.

I may be in the minority, but Sauron is kind of a low priority for me unless they also plan to release some other Last Alliance figures like Isildur, Gil-Gilad, 2nd Age Elves, Numenorians, etc.

Sauron would be a great display piece but he will probably be very pricy and while I will get him and be thrilled if he gets made I would prefer to put those funds to getting the rest of the fellowship, certain Rohirrim, a certain brother and Uruk Hai before him.

Dunno. I'm a fan of Die-cast but ACI Nazguls are already top heavy

Same problem with Asmus WitchKing. He can barely lift his lead weapons, and that lead helmet makes him fall over given time.

I love hefty figures, but I don't really care if the "metal" feels like metal, etc. I'd rather have it look right than feel right.

And for people needing die-cast, aren't you the same guys who fear 'real hair' on their figures? How can you like die cast but prefer plastic hair? :dunno

And for people needing die-cast, aren't you the same guys who fear 'real hair' on their figures? How can you like die cast but prefer plastic hair? :dunno

:lol
But-but-but...
Real hair makes it a doll ; I don't collects dolls !!

But-but-but...

hahaha, oh the dicotomy. Wants real metal, but not real hair. Anyway, if they can make a Sauron with all the nice details from the Weta and Sideshow statues, and not clunky armor like the Toybiz Sauron, then I'm in :)

I believe Asmus said Sauron is coming but down the line, I hope next year. That is one I've been waiting for since I discovered this line a couple of years ago. I'll take him in plastic or metal as long as the detail is there like Sankari stated above.

ToyBiz made a great Sauron for their line.

I hope if they do one they look at the current 1/4 scale figures to see what kind of body would work holding up the weight. Maybe one with ratcheted joints? Weighted feet might be good too to keep it from being to top heavy. Of course if it comes with a really cool base/stand everyone might just have it on that and then the stand can handle the weight.

But-but-but...

I did feel kind of wrong having to explain to my daughter that Eowyn was an action figure not a Barbie while my wife stood by. No man should have to face that embarrassment. Of course now with ACI Aragorn, Eowyn, Tauriel and a Black Widow it's becoming more of a problem. If I end up with more "dolls" than my daughter I will be in trouble.

I did feel kind of wrong having to explain to my daughter that Eowyn was an action figure not a Barbie while my wife stood by. No man should have to face that embarrassment. Of course now with ACI Aragorn, Eowyn, Tauriel and a Black Widow it's becoming more of a problem. If I end up with more "dolls" than my daughter I will be in trouble.

Your trouble is called denial... Dolls are awesome, just admit it and revel in well done hair. If you start putting Tauriel and Black Widow in a pink corvette, then you might have a problem.

I have more dolls than my daughters. I rub it in their face all the time, especially when a box arrives and they get all excited thinking it's something for them. Suckas.

Same problem with Asmus WitchKing. He can barely lift his lead weapons, and that lead helmet makes him fall over given time.

I love hefty figures, but I don't really care if the "metal" feels like metal, etc. I'd rather have it look right than feel right.

I am one of those people that likes die-cast (if applicable and logical) and likes 'real hair' on long haired characters. I just brought up the die-cast material on Sauron because I was so disappointed with the brittle plastic they used for the Nazgul armor.

So better quality material for armors is a win for me:clap.

I agree with this. Surely some doll* hair can be transplanted from the back of his head to make that widow's peak.

* :)

It'd be really, really hard and would probably not look terribly convincing.

I have more dolls than my daughters. I rub it in their face all the time, especially when a box arrives and they get all excited thinking it's something for them. Suckas.

:lol :lol :lol

Priceless. I really enjoyed during the holidays when they would get so upset as packages arrived for me. They were really present for them but they have been brainwashed into thinking any package with dad's name on it must be a really cool toys for him.

Back