Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. That's the pic that makes him look really lifelike.

I'm a bit bummer by the change in sculpt as well. I understand the change in hairline because of the rooted hair, but the original sculpt did look much better. The new sculpt is by no means bad and I see a lot of McKellen in there, but all the wrinkles are too overdone, and I fear they will still be too dominant in production.

In the end however, the below pic is what it sells him for me: he looks great with the hat, and I'll most likely pre-order him. A Nazgul and a Gandalf the Grey are all I want to represent LOTR in my collection, and I already own Asmus' Nazgul.

View attachment 252894
I'll echo this. This was the picture that would have sold it for me had I not already been bent on picking him up since announcement. He'll have an excellent shelf presence. My conflict is attempting to decide how I'll pose him! I've got a handful of ideas and can't make my mind up!

I don't believe you ever actually see Gandalf the Grey wear it. No one other than Galadriel, Elrond, and Cirdan was supposed to know that Gandalf actually had the ring. In fact, that shot of Gandalf at the Grey Haven's is, as far as I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only time you actually see the ring. Not even during the Council of Elrond or during his fight with the Balrog. I don't think Gandalf the Grey should or needs to come with Narya.

:exactly: Correct.

I don't believe you ever actually see Gandalf the Grey wear it. No one other than Galadriel, Elrond, and Cirdan was supposed to know that Gandalf actually had the ring. In fact, that shot of Gandalf at the Grey Haven's is, as far as I remember (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only time you actually see the ring. Not even during the Council of Elrond or during his fight with the Balrog. I don't think Gandalf the Grey should or needs to come with Narya.

]

Well if you go by the books it seems that you only notice the rings if you are a ring bearer or they let you see them. Unless my memory is wrong (sadly it's been a few years since my last rereading of the books), Sam could not see the ring even though he was with Frodo and even Frodo did not notice it until I think the mirror part.

Fresh from Asmus's facebook... Wow....

The third picture really does it for me.
Amazing.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

A lot of extras for the money... HT should take note lol :rotfl

I'm sold :thud: The base is great; plain but stylish. It almost looks like a statue.
... but did he really wear brown combat boots?
Hopefully I can futz with the hat. This image really made me pre-order:
View attachment 253008

If I order it via the official Asmus site, do I get it earler than a third party retailer in Europe?
My retailer has a release date for July 2016.

I'll just wait until Sideshow puts this up, provided the price is the same. I can then throw the RPs onto the pile.

I do think this looks more like the Hobbit Gandalf than LotR Gandalf.

You should get the third staff from The Hobbit from any retailer offering Gandalf as a pre-order.
(I know that our customers are getting it.)

Back