Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess these haven't been posted yet. From the Asmus FB page.

:lol happy to see these posted again

This isn't so much a complaint as it is an observation.

The height of Gandalf on the moria bridge stand will make him too tall to fit in a detolf. Is that correct? I assume detolfs are the most popular way of displaying 1/6 figures, it's what I use and I see most others using.

The great thing is because it's not a statue you can just use the other base, but damn the moria base looks amazing! Not sure what to do...

HT Spiderman 3's base was similar. Free some of your figures from the detolf :)

Man, I want this now!

hh4CRXZ.gif

Ordered! Had some initial reservations but Gandalf is just too essential and all-in-all this figure looks amazing.

That said, add me to the ranks interested in the prototype head sculpt. Also, now plotting how to customize that staff so it lights up. Also, a wee Gollum would look pretty sick perched on that rock base...

George, do you think that there is any chance at all that the original sculpt may also be offered? Either way, this is definitely shaping up to be a must-buy. :)

I cannot answer you for sure,

we really need to focus on this head's production, make sure it is in top quality,
I would say trying to think about another head may not be a good idea.

I cannot answer you for sure,

we really need to focus on this head's production, make sure it is in top quality,
I would say trying to think about another head may not be a good idea.

Yeah, the current head is top priority.

Well, I can hope for something after the fact I suppose. Thanks. :duff

Despite they changed the head sculpt (unfortunately), this looks like a real masterpiece. For the first time, Asmus seems to pay great attention to details: the tailoring is great, the fabric is excellent, the hat is gorgeous, the bonus are numerous... I have not seen Saruman in hand, but I still found him a bit weak, especially on the clothes department. This Gandalf looks awesome, and I clearly see a piece of collection and not a toy, for the first time with asmus. Huge congratulations for the work you made, and I hope the production model will look just as fine.
Of course I pre ordered.
:)

:goodpost: Exactly my thoughts.

I have been following these releases since the start, and been mostly disappointed with them if im honest. But I saw Asmus say they are going all out on Gandalf and it certainly shows. Makes me excited to see future releases!

Back