Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should get the third staff from The Hobbit from any retailer offering Gandalf as a pre-order.
(I know that our customers are getting it.)

Thanks for the info Mark! As an aside, do you know when you're getting your Sarumans in? I've got one I preordered through you.

P

Thank you Asmus, bravo! :clap

Cam you confirm that since this is his staff from the first 2 Hobbit films that there won't be a 'Hobbit' version release of this figure? Also, do you plan on including his shoulder sash scarf from The Hobbit? :pray:

I was wondering about the scarf as well. Aside from the staff, it's the only other real difference between his look in the Hobbit films vs. the LOTR films.

Asmus! Wow just Wow! This makes me take my mind off my still pending Nazgul body replacement. Amazing job, well done :clap

Well if you go by the books it seems that you only notice the rings if you are a ring bearer or they let you see them. Unless my memory is wrong (sadly it's been a few years since my last rereading of the books), Sam could not see the ring even though he was with Frodo and even Frodo did not notice it until I think the mirror part.

I believe you're right. I have it in my mind that the Elven Rings, specifically, were more or less invisible unless you were wearing the One.

Ordered. This line is just getting better and better. Now please confirm Arwen, Galadriel, Lurtz and Elrond. I think Legolas, Gimli, Frodo, Sam, Bororim, Faramir, and Gollum are in the works. Would also eventually like to see Theoden, Eomer and Denathor.

I would love a gollum/smeagol with swapping heads. The neca version beckons me but never bothered to buy it

Guess these haven't been posted yet. From the Asmus FB page.

GTG01.jpg
GTG02.jpg
GTG03.jpg
GTG04.jpg

This isn't so much a complaint as it is an observation.

The height of Gandalf on the moria bridge stand will make him too tall to fit in a detolf. Is that correct? I assume detolfs are the most popular way of displaying 1/6 figures, it's what I use and I see most others using.

The great thing is because it's not a statue you can just use the other base, but damn the moria base looks amazing! Not sure what to do...

looks like the Moria base has some script around the plinth, is it elvish or black speach or just a pattern? cant quite tell, looks incredible either way

Despite they changed the head sculpt (unfortunately), this looks like a real masterpiece. For the first time, Asmus seems to pay great attention to details: the tailoring is great, the fabric is excellent, the hat is gorgeous, the bonus are numerous... I have not seen Saruman in hand, but I still found him a bit weak, especially on the clothes department. This Gandalf looks awesome, and I clearly see a piece of collection and not a toy, for the first time with asmus. Huge congratulations for the work you made, and I hope the production model will look just as fine.
Of course I pre ordered.
:)

Back