Asmus Toys : Gandalf the Grey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can only hope. With the pose they have him in I wonder if he will come with a rock like base?

That would be awesome. As great as the cart looked I hope it was just a diorama for the show. I would like to keep the price point down and I don't have room for that thing. I would much prefer a solid base and a few accessories. I have an extremely detailed and way too expensive Gandalf the Grey costume that I splurged on for Halloween a few years back. After looking at a few photos of it, if Asmus can nail all the separate entities of the outfit then this figure will look amazing. As long as he has his pipe, staff(s) and sword I'll be happy.

Fingers crossed!

Things I'm hoping for:

1) Molded hat. Fabric hats in this scale tend to look bizarre and puffy. If they don't go with a molded hat, I may mod my old SS Gandy hat to fit.

2) Widow's peak. It's such a key part of his likeness, I really hope they can achieve it with the real hair.

3) Fabric details. Like Saruman's, Gandalf's costume has a lot of tiny, subtle detail. Particularly in the textures. I really hope they can capture that in 1/6 scale.

4) Sculpted head. There's no way in hell that they'd include it, but I would LOVE it if they'd also include the fully sculpted head they showed off at the beginning of this thread. It's gorgeous. I understand the practical reasons for real hair, but that sculpt is just beautiful.

Now let's see some more pictures!

Blew it out in photoshop. Not much more to go on...

gandalf.jpg

:lol :duff

With Leia in the pipeline, Gandalf is the figure to wrap up my collection. I'm keeping my expectations in check, but how great it'd be for this to end up the flagship figure in the line.

oh god yes.

asmus, will you offer free shipping if bought directly from your website like you did with saruman?

Very nice. I don't think Gandalf's face is that wrinkly, but I presume that some of those fine details will soften in production.

Very nice. I don't think Gandalf's face is that wrinkly, but I presume that some of those fine details will softening in production.

Well, he was more wrinkled in the Hobbit since he was older. It's not like it's wrong. It's already in stock, so should know very shortly.

Back