Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems that they produced slim version at the time of the preorder, and than later they printed additional heads based on the number of expansion preorders. So these may have been produced at the different factory, or different time, or low cost production to cover the expenses. That would also explain why they are shipped a half a year later than slims.
But it is so lame. I've waited for so long to receive a worse version, and I already payed for the first release... angry.
They never delivered improved sculpt of Gandalf for free (that they said they will for owners of both GtG and GTW versions), and now this...

Well this is good, perhaps if more people complain then Asmus will at least offer returns at their expense. I'd personally prefer to have the head I paid for, but if that's impossible then I would happily return this Frodo.

Do not ever mention again anything regarding getting us all together to complain in one voice to some manufacturer that screws it big time.
That kind of stuff is frowned upon around here. You MUST shut the pie up and shine good manufacturer's boots. Always.
Take it from me kid.
m.

very disappointing... we that have bought the first release and the expansion pack have paid more, paid before (expansion pack preorder was put on asmus shop way before the slim first batch one), waited longer and have received a worst product... i suggest that all people wich have received their head put a picture on asmus facebook page and com plain about this work comparing with the better paint apps on the fiorst slim batch... maybe thei will be forced gto put remedy to aboid bad publicity

I see what you mean, but I am not sure what you are comparing with: by "original release", do you refer to the non-slim, first ever release, or the first batch

Incidentally, I am beginning to get confused: the green-iris-5-o'clock-shadow problem, has it been spotted only on the expansion packs, or also in the new batch of complete slim figures?? If whole figures are also affected, man, this is a major situation right there...

Regards,
m.

They didnt just do **** on the head sculpt too. The new cloak that they gave in the expansion set doesnt have the nice stitching that came with the original cloak included in the original release! I am really disappointed in the effort made with Asmus on this expansion.

View attachment 410146

First they have to admit to it. I doubt that will happen.

The answer I got was: this is the new paintwork for Frodo.

If they stand by that, no one is getting any fix. And worse, if you want to send it back to Asmus for a refund, they charge you return shipping.

In this instance, since basically everyone is displeased... I think it would be fair of Asmus to pay for the returns. I would return mine if it didn't cost me.

First they have to admit to it. I doubt that will happen.

The answer I got was: this is the new paintwork for Frodo.

If they stand by that, no one is getting any fix. And worse, if you want to send it back to Asmus for a refund, they charge you return shipping.

In this instance, since basically everyone is displeased... I think it would be fair of Asmus to pay for the returns. I would return mine if it didn't cost me.
So I remember awhile back that I called them out on a bait and switch and I was the bad guy for daring to say anything unpleasant towards Asmus, but what is THIS if nothing else but a Bait and Switch! (Ahem....again.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I remember awhile back that I called them out on a bait and switch and I was the bad guy for daring to say anything unpleasant towards Asmus, but what is THIS if nothing else but a Bait and Switch! (Ahem....again.)

I don't remember either of those times. Care to expand on that?

Back