Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s5fza8.png
Hi, sorry to bother... i've received this picture from a seller... do you think this a first batch frodo? He asked 140 usd...

It's still available for preorder at BBTS at $115. But I cant even risk getting that as there's no certainty it wont be a later Slim batch that has the incomplete paint app!

It's still available for preorder at BBTS at $115. But I cant even risk getting that as there's no certainty it wont be a later Slim batch that has the incomplete paint app!
BBTS already went through Batch 1. I had contacted them awhile back asking what the hold up was on my order when other collectors claimed they got their orders fulfilled. My response was that they got a shipment in but wasn't enough to fulfill all preorders. So at this point any and all other shipment from from would be from the second, inferior batch. Unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Potential goldmine here then! Guess I'm one of the lucky ones...:pray:
Same. Im just glad my impatience actually paid off this time. Had I not went and bought one of the first Slim releases I'd be sitting in the same boat as a lot of others. While it bugs me that my expansion head came as it did Id be down right furious if it was the only one I had. So I feel for those in that situation. Because I'd know how pissed I'd be. It just really sucks. :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly I’m undecided on whether I’ll keep mine when it arrives or return it for a refund. It’s a shame as I had a chance to buy the new head when TA parted it out, but trusted that they would all be the same.
I’ve bought all the original releases and ‘upgrades’ so far, so this really feels like a d!ck move from Asmus for their long term supporters. Once again, not buying the originals and waiting for the ‘slim’ was the way to go.
I guess brand loyalty isn’t important to them. Damn shame.

I already sent an email to Asmus, as like you, I also only just received Frodo, and no Sam.

I received a response from them today:

"We checked with the shipping department and it seems that they missed sending Sam's headsculpt.
We will arrange the shipment soon and provide tracking number.

​If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your support.

Best,
Rola Chang"

I received a response from them today:

"We checked with the shipping department and it seems that they missed sending Sam's headsculpt.
We will arrange the shipment soon and provide tracking number.

​If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your support.

Best,
Rola Chang"

Funny how I got the same response. I wonder if it's an auto-response.

Its the NEW Frodo head for all releases. I got the Slim Frodo... and I got the green/brown eyes.

wor-gar.. there's something on the box that can be used to distinguish between your release and the previous one? A production date or something similar?

Maybe there's a specification in serial number or on the barcode... can you and someone with the old slim post pictures of the package?

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Back