Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, but I hoped I will not need any extra improvement after the improved heads are ordered. :slap:lecture

y35FFz0.gif

It can be cheaper to buy a new version.

No, you need to get the old Slim... but not too old or you'll get the Neanderthal Frodo. There's a "slim" window for the new head Frodo with the nice old blue eyes.

Those will be highly coveted one day.

Anyway, apart from the green eyes, I'm pretty happy with my Frodo. Much improved from the very original one. Clothing and feet are great.

He's a tad pale -- but then he was pretty pale in the film. Still, he could do with a little ruddiness and/or some dirt spots on his face. If I try to 'fix' the eyes, I might give him a little 'dirty wash' just for some travelling color.

No, you need to get the old Slim... but not too old or you'll get the Neanderthal Frodo. There's a "slim" window for the new head Frodo with the nice old blue eyes.

Those will be highly coveted one day.

Anyway, apart from the green eyes, I'm pretty happy with my Frodo. Much improved from the very original one. Clothing and feet are great.

He's a tad pale -- but then he was pretty pale in the film. Still, he could do with a little ruddiness and/or some dirt spots on his face. If I try to 'fix' the eyes, I might give him a little 'dirty wash' just for some travelling color.
Yeah he was pretty "clean" at the beginning and got dirtier as time went on. Since I'm displaying him as he did in Fellowship the expansion head works for what it is. But those eyes do bug me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah he was pretty "clean" at the beginning and got dirtier as time went on. Since I'm displaying him as he did in Fellowship the expansion head works for what it is. But those eyes do bug me.

I figured they'd bug everyone. Damn shame.

I forgot I don't have the Elvin cloak with this slim Frodo... just his initial travelling cloak... so yeah, I guess I'll keep him clean as is too.

Just received the Asmus Toys expansion packs for Frodo and Sam. The cloaks and Sam are OK, but the paint app on Frodo seems to be incomplete to me! It's way too pale with no surface texture painted on the face, like that step was missed in the final production.

Definitely looks like the new Slim Version of Frodo got a complete paint app on Frodo that has the skin texture painted on. Will definitely contacting Asmus on this one!

20180523_211902b.jpg

Bad stuff. I've left behind the expansion pack and now that I see the Issue I may just buy a Slim Frodo, dye his cape for Sam and be happy with original Gamgee.

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

very disappointing... we that have bought the first release and the expansion pack have paid more, paid before (expansion pack preorder was put on asmus shop way before the slim first batch one), waited longer and have received a worst product... i suggest that all people wich have received their head put a picture on asmus facebook page and com plain about this work comparing with the better paint apps on the fiorst slim batch... maybe thei will be forced gto put remedy to aboid bad publicity

They didnt just do **** on the head sculpt too. The new cloak that they gave in the expansion set doesnt have the nice stitching that came with the original cloak included in the original release! I am really disappointed in the effort made with Asmus on this expansion.

20180523_224555b.jpg

Question for those who ordered (and have received) BOTH Frodo & Sam expansions: did they come in the same envelope?
I received an envelope yesterday but it only had Frodo, no Sam. And I only received one tracking number, so I assumed they'd be together.

Question for those who ordered (and have received) BOTH Frodo & Sam expansions: did they come in the same envelope?
I received an envelope yesterday but it only had Frodo, no Sam. And I only received one tracking number, so I assumed they'd be together.

I received both Frodo and Sam in the same shipping envelope, with both little boxes wrapped in bubble wrap.

Asmus definitely should have posted pictures of the new paintjob before asking for money based on the old Frodo paintwork.

Asmus 'kindly' offered that I could return the figure at my expense. If I'm unsatisfied with a change in their product (that they failed to mention) then I shouldn't have to pay to return it.

Here's my review of the Asmus Toys new Frodo and Sam expansion sets. So disappointed in the final product. Will be contacting Asmus to find out what went wrong in production!

Asmus definitely should have posted pictures of the new paintjob before asking for money based on the old Frodo paintwork.

Asmus 'kindly' offered that I could return the figure at my expense. If I'm unsatisfied with a change in their product (that they failed to mention) then I shouldn't have to pay to return it.
Thats ****ed up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back