Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, remember these sculpts are about the size of your thumbnail in hand. I'm certain they look much better at that size.

I'm still after Frodo and am pretty certain some seller will eventually split them up to sell them off.

Like I said earlier, I was very much bothered by the pictures of the sculpts but I don't mind them at all in-hand. Everybody has different tolerances, of course. Your mileage may vary.

By no means am I a photographer but I want to contribute. I've been in the Movies section and it seems so full of rot that the more articulate criticism of the Asmus figures is downright friendly by comparison.

Anyway, no futzing or accessorizing yet but this is the general idea of where my Frodo will live -

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

I try to stay generally positive, or at least jokingly negative at worst, but I do feel in-hand that Sam is a bit of disappointment in the sculpt. For now he's staying in the box. When i get the time to fully gear them up I'll take him out and see what I can do with him on the shelf.

Nice set up you've got there. What's the story behind the base?

Thank you.

The piece he's standing on is from Michael's but probably available in any decent art/craft store. They sell them in the aisle with the wood-burning kits, all different sizes.
The piece standing behind him I found in Target, on clearance...just a random Home Decor decoration.

There's a lot of good, cheap stuff out there if you keep your eyes peeled. :)

Oohhhhh. Gotcha. I thought it was a screen-used Ent or something along those lines. Either way, looks nice. :)

By the way, Junkion's photos of Frodo are fantastic. They have "almost" pushed me to consider ordering the pair.

My issue is that if I pick up Frodo and Sam, I also have to pick up Merry and Pippen and their sculpts are less impressive, to me.

But I will say that I'm definitely more open now to the possibility of adding them to the collection.

Thanks!

I think the key to the in-hand experience is that the overall quality effects your impression much more than the macro pics.

I'm game to pick up Merry & Pippin now but the slim selection on Ebay is $$$. I've contacted Asmus to no avail asking if the pair will be re-released.

. Can you take the brown coat frodo has off? Is there a white shirt underneath?

Last edited:
My set has been posted :)

My set has arrived!!

I panicked a bit once I saw them sell out on sideshow and ebay prices started to rise.

Tailoring is fantastic on these and the sculpts look much better in hand same as the other set.

Sam I think is the weakest sculpt of all the hobbits

Back