Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine
but got to say they seem to have larger heads and seem bigger than merry and pipin
any one else think this

I opened mine today and I'm much more impressed in hand than the NYCC proto display or in hand pictures. Happy to add these to the Fellowship. And I'm surprised these are limited to 1000.

Finally unboxed mine and am very happy with both of them in-hand. Decided to show Sam to a couple non-collector LotR fans and they both thought he looked good. Not perfect, but still a good likeness of the character and actor. Hope add on packs are still being considered for the Hobbits, as I'd like to have both pre-Lorien cloaks as well as less grim and more cheerful expressions.

Anyone have any advice on how to attach the pots to the backpack? Are they supposed to thread onto that cloth strap? Is there an easy way to feed it through? haha

"The One Ring"

The-One-Ring-1000.jpg

Got mine yesterday and I quite like them, they aren't perfect but good enough. With that said I can't figure out how to attach Sam's pots and pans to his backpack. Any help? ha

Got mine yesterday and I quite like them, they aren't perfect but good enough. With that said I can't figure out how to attach Sam's pots and pans to his backpack. Any help? ha

You just have to jamb the strap on the back of the backpack through the eyes on the pots and pans...it's a pain

I VERY lightly trimmed (with nail clippers) a little off the edges to make an arrow shape to thread the needle so to speak. But I would be very careful doing it because you don't have very much excess before you're gonna affect the hole that latches on.

Do it at your own risk. But I only did it after wasting an hour or so trying to thread the pots with no luck. There was no way I was gonna do it 8 more times for each one playing the game straight up. Such a dumb design on an otherwise exceptional figure.

Lookie what I came across while cleaning out the closet. Could you guys tell me how this compares size wise to the Asmus hobbits? The paints on this are surprisingly good.

666ff12c11ceae9ec17698e971c00ec3.jpg
6d042208845af0f986d391e6c67bdcad.jpg
2cc3966adb4bc128ec368678af284544.jpg

Well...after ordering Legolas today I decided to bite the bullet and buy these as well. Here's hoping I'll be happy with them once they're on the shelf. I'll just put Sam at the back haha

I could not pass on Frodo and Sam, so finally purchased these. Now praying for some affordable exchange headsculpts. Have mixed feelings. Still think that Asmus are top in outfits, but almost all their sculpts got wickedly twisted for some mysterious reasons. Saruman is the total win for me, and almost everything else in this series is either OK or bad.
P.S.: And no more pre-orders with Asmus for me, only purchases after in-hand pics. And I am still disappointed with how far it went from the sculpt in the beginning of this threat, and why? (and inconsistency with Build-an-Orc and Gandalf exchange head). I was very supportive of Asmus, but this release was a let down for me. Probably I had high hopes and expectations, and their openness in discussions here led me to wrong conclusions.

For anyone wondering, the traveling cloak from Sideshow's Sam fits well on the Asmus Sam. I've talked to my wife, who is quite a seamstress and she has promised to help with traveling cloaks for Merry and Pippen. Still can't believe Asmus didn't include them.

For anyone wondering, the traveling cloak from Sideshow's Sam fits well on the Asmus Sam. I've talked to my wife, who is quite a seamstress and she has promised to help with traveling cloaks for Merry and Pippen. Still can't believe Asmus didn't include them.

I know there's only so much they can stick in and meet the price point but I would have thought that the costs for the cloaks would have been minimal and the chances of a few extra sales from some people buying two sets to display both would offset the extra design development costs. It will be a bit strange when we display the Asmus Fellowship and three of the hobbits and Legolas have their Lothlorien cloaks and gear and are next to Gandalf the Grey. Really hoping Boromir gets both of his.

Back