Asmus Toys : Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question can you take his brown jacket off so he can have the look he had in the two towers and return of the king?

This look
ftttfarewellf1.jpg

I'd love to see some more photos of the 4 hobbits together in different poses and different layers of clothing ie: with cloaks and without. Coats on and no coats etc. I'm still holding on by my finger tips hoping to be convinced. I really do want to own the full fellowship.

Question can you take his brown jacket off so he can have the look he had in the two towers and return of the king?

I'm curious about this as well. For folks who have this, what's the quality of the shirt like? Does it have the buttons and unique sleeves/cuffs? Wondering if a Mt. Doom look is possible but maybe the neck joint would kind of make that not doable anyway.

Got mine today, awesome figures, yes you can take the jacket off, I only have 2 complaints, 1: Why are we still getting cloaks with the broaches attached sideways, I ended up cutting mine and attaching them on the correct way because it was bugging me. 2: Because the buttons are soft plastic instead of metal it is extremely difficult to clip them back together after they have become undone, my frodos pants were undone when I opened him and had so much trouble re clipping it that the little tab broke and I had to glue it.the buttons annoyed me quite a bit but it might be because id spent atleast a few hours futzing them. Also Frodos mithril fits on him easily, its just the buttons wont clip back together and I'm very happy with the sculpts.

Last edited:
Got mine today, awesome figures, yes you can take the jacket off, I only have 2 complaints, 1: Why are we still getting cloaks with the broaches attached sideways, I ended up cutting mine and attaching them on the correct way because it was bugging me. 2: Because the buttons are soft plastic instead of metal it is extremely difficult to clip them back together after they have become undone, my frodos pants were undone when I opened him and had so much trouble re clipping it that the little tab broke and I had to glue it.the buttons annoyed me quite a bit but it might be because id spent atleast a few hours futzing them. Also Frodos mithril fits on him easily, its just the buttons wont clip back together and I'm very happy with the sculpts.
Since I won't be undressing these guys I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. And the head sculpts are decent in hand you'd say? I'm mostly concerned with Frodo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Photos? It would be cool to see him wearing the mithril.

Since I won't be undressing these guys I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. And the head sculpts are decent in hand you'd say? I'm mostly concerned with Frodo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I know you didn't ask me but these guys look good in person, especially frodo....just my opinion

I got these in today and they actually exceeded my expectations quite a bit. The sculpts do have the already well-noted issues but once they're futzed, posed, and in a case they look pretty killer in-hand I think. They actually make Merry and Pippin look even rougher when you put them all together. I even like the glued down hoods; they sit much more naturally and I was never going to pose them with hoods up anyway. I may mod M&P's to be the same. I'm very happy with these guys overall.

I got these in today and they actually exceeded my expectations quite a bit. The sculpts do have the already well-noted issues but once they're futzed, posed, and in a case they look pretty killer in-hand I think. They actually make Merry and Pippin look even rougher when you put them all together. I even like the glued down hoods; they sit much more naturally and I was never going to pose them with hoods up anyway. I may mod M&P's to be the same. I'm very happy with these guys overall.
Yup, been playing with mine for about an hour now, putting everything on (Sam's bag with accessories was kinda a time consumer...) Really actually love Frodo! I'm having a hard time on deciding how I want to pose and display him. I really love the green cloak and the natural lay and feel of it, but I'm tempted to use the same clock as the other three have. Any word if there will be custom cloaks for the other three hobbits? I'd really like Pippins purple cloak.

Sam I'm still disappointed with the likeness. He's great for a more Book version Sam, but to pass off as Sean Astin's Sam is a stretch. Hoping we get a custom or even another Sam in Orc armor with a better sculpt but I doubt it.

Also I think it's worth noting that I was really bummed after seeing Sting is plastic. After getting Aragorn and Gandalf with diecast weapons a plastic Sting is a let down.

Was in the middle of taking pics and my phone died. So I'll get back to that shortly.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Back