Action Figure Asmus Toys: Devil May Cry 5 Dante

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MHVYDB1.jpg

It's a shame to point this out now, but since DMC4 dante,
Asmus has made the characters' bodies relatively dwarfed.

Also, Sparda's size is definitely smaller than the original, but it is quite reasonable. (unreasonable = Red queen)
Different people will have different standards, but you will see them with your own eyes. :)

Thanks for posting that photo. Yikes... every sword is almost the same length.

MHVYDB1.jpg

It's a shame to point this out now, but since DMC4 dante,
Asmus has made the characters' bodies relatively dwarfed.

Also, Sparda's size is definitely smaller than the original, but it is quite reasonable. (unreasonable = Red queen)
Different people will have different standards, but you will see them with your own eyes. :)
Nice! Glad to know someone put his collar up. Lol he looks great I'm sure a body swap is doable but you would have to find a one that fits the pants well.

I'm definitely fine with this body, I prefer this slim look over the alternative which is an awkward bulky "slouched" frame.

Dante is definitely not muscular like a super hero. He seems more lean, but I don't think I'll have an issue with the body.

x5K76Bv.jpg

8eZeIr7.jpg

7u3GvgX.jpg

0d22C8p.jpg

yiGYbc9.jpg

84oDrEu.jpg

wHMwcTd.jpg

V8jJvNt.jpg

DAGAtGN.jpg

All right, I've switched to muscle body(Phicen M33).

I feel a little too much compared to the previous Dante,
but I think it's pretty good, so I'm going to leave it as it is.

I changed it because I had a muscle body left at home,
but if you don't have an extra muscle body, I don't think you need to buy one and change it.

The good thing is, Phicen body is so powerful that it can hold on to weapons.

x5K76Bv.jpg

8eZeIr7.jpg

7u3GvgX.jpg

0d22C8p.jpg

yiGYbc9.jpg

84oDrEu.jpg

wHMwcTd.jpg

V8jJvNt.jpg

DAGAtGN.jpg

I changed it because I had a muscle body left at home,
but if you don't have an extra muscle body, I don't think you need to buy one and change it.

The good thing is, Phicen body is so powerful that it can hold on to weapons.
Yeah no that's to big for his physique. Lol have you thought of using that one body your using for DMC3 Dante?

Yeah no that's to big for his physique. Lol have you thought of using that one body your using for DMC3 Dante?

Not gonna different, I think.

The reason why the DMC5 dante is not suitable for muscle body is that the original game has changed to a realistic rate.
The muscular body used for the DMC3 dante is not much different from what it is now.

Not gonna different, I think.

The reason why the DMC5 dante is not suitable for muscle body is that the original game has changed to a realistic rate.
The muscular body used for the DMC3 dante is not much different from what it is now.
Ah damn. Well guess you'll just have to stick with that then. Can you take an image of the body asmus used kinda curious what the structure looks like. They are using new joint for it compared to their old ones.

Thanks for the pic of the body swap @tryvor7!

Whoops, this is how Dante looks in my head :lol! Looking at your pictures, I was like 'what is wrong with that, looks great!' Went back to game pics and was like 'wow, yeah the muscle body is not accurate...I just imagined him that muscular??' Original body it is then.

Thanks for the pic of the body swap @tryvor7!

Whoops, this is how Dante looks in my head :lol! Looking at your pictures, I was like 'what is wrong with that, looks great!' Went back to game pics and was like 'wow, yeah the muscle body is not accurate...I just imagined him that muscular??' Original body it is then.

Yeah, Exactly what I thought too. lol

Maybe, a medium body of these two might be appropriate.
I don't know if that exists.

vmt59Gk.jpg

hq80L37.jpg

xqCmJTA.jpg

WW34G90.jpg

All right, I've got another body.(JXtoys JX-S03)
It's a plastic body that I used to use for DMC3 dante before and put it on hold.

Thanks to this, it's less operational,
but I'm sure this ratio is better.

vmt59Gk.jpg

hq80L37.jpg

xqCmJTA.jpg

WW34G90.jpg

All right, I've got another body.(JXtoys JX-S03)
It's a plastic body that I used to use for DMC3 dante before and put it on hold.

Thanks to this, it's less operational,
but I'm sure this ratio is better.

Now that looks a whole lot better. How restricted is the movement now?

Now that looks a whole lot better. How restricted is the movement now?

This body's movement is lower than DMC4 Dante.
The angle of the arm is up to 90˚, and neck is barely not move.

Also, the wrist joint is short, makes it easy for hand parts to fall out.

I can only say it's a really good body to just look at. :p

I wonder if sticking any padding to the DMC 5 body will help bulk Dante up a bit without sacrificing the range of movement.

Damn are they getting 0 cancelled orders? Been hoping the EX would come in stock during release.

IMG_20200908_150157.jpg

Haven't had much time to play with it but my initial impression on the figure itself is that proportions aren't that bad in person. I think the camera distorts the actual physique but in person, the body is not as skinny as it seems. I adjusted the photo I attached to come as close as it looks in real life. Although, I would say the forearm is too small in relation to the hands. The figure has huge hands and cannot be captured properly by camera even when I tried. Magnet on the back to attach rebellion is weak as hell and the polarity is reversed. The sword doesn't attach as was mentioned before. I think the magnet inside Rebellion needs to be replaced with a better one and while at it, reverse the polarity. I'm looking to see if I can dismantle Rebellion and change the magnet inside.

View attachment 494902

Haven't had much time to play with it but my initial impression on the figure itself is that proportions aren't that bad in person. I think the camera distorts the actual physique but in person, the body is not as skinny as it seems. I adjusted the photo I attached to come as close as it looks in real life. Although, I would say the forearm is too small in relation to the hands. The figure has huge hands and cannot be captured properly by camera even when I tried. Magnet on the back to attach rebellion is weak as hell and the polarity is reversed. The sword doesn't attach as was mentioned before. I think the magnet inside Rebellion needs to be replaced with a better one and while at it, reverse the polarity. I'm looking to see if I can dismantle Rebellion and change the magnet inside.
Nice let me know how that goes with Rebellion. I'm interested in doing the same. Man I really want him in hand it probably will be here tomorrow or Thursday. 😭

Back