Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 3: Dante 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Asmus can see this.
You should always respect and follow the official high-res render of the game character.
In game model is reduced version of intended look to make the game run.

And below is taken from the official high-res close up of his clean face.
You should notice his hair pieces are dynamically animated. so in some images they are not in still position
This is me trying to spot what's off in the sculpt.
Hairfix.jpg

-I think it's hair shape and color(obviously..)
-eyebrows angle
-nose height
-upper lips should be more pronounced than bottom lip - and little thicker than what you have now.

-I'm probably gonna get this anyways, and I'd like to get it as close as possible

Looks much better. Wish he had the Nevan guitar though. Accessory pack down the road maybe?

only way to make the hair look like the design is rooted. now we'll start hearing folks complaining about him looking barbish.

Sculpt does look better. I think one of the things holding it back is the hair color. Maybe it's just the light, but it looks too grey. In DMC 3 his hair is much closer to a very light silver, almost white. It gets darker in 4 and 5 but it is very light in 3.

This is a pass for me, but I really think they did the best they could possibly do in adapting DMC3 Dante into a realistic style since DMC3's characters looks so blocky and cartoony.

I hope Asmus can see this.
You should always respect and follow the official high-res render of the game character.
In game model is reduced version of intended look to make the game run.

And below is taken from the official high-res close up of his clean face.
You should notice his hair pieces are dynamically animated. so in some images they are not in still position
This is me trying to spot what's off in the sculpt.
View attachment 459992

-I think it's hair shape and color(obviously..)
-eyebrows angle
-nose height
-upper lips should be more pronounced than bottom lip - and little thicker than what you have now.

-I'm probably gonna get this anyways, and I'd like to get it as close as possible

Yeah it's the upper lip and the hair color, but overall I'm really happy with it. It was real gross lookin before.

Yeah it's the upper lip and the hair color, but overall I'm really happy with it. It was real gross lookin before.

I realized that many people stopped demanding better product and settle with mediocre.
People...We are spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure. We should demand more! :slap

I realized that many people stopped demanding better product and settle with mediocre.
People...We are spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure. We should demand more! :slap

It's not mediocre, it was prior to the revision, but it's close enough that it's completely passable. Only thing that I concede is the lack of guns and the hair not being white enough. Dante's likeness in DMC3 varies widely depending on the render used, and in the concept art, I would've preferred a fixed upper lip, but it's Dante.

It's not mediocre, it was prior to the revision, but it's close enough that it's completely passable. Only thing that I concede is the lack of guns and the hair not being white enough. Dante's likeness in DMC3 varies widely depending on the render used, and in the concept art, I would've preferred a fixed upper lip, but it's Dante.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to argue with you, but you just proved my point again. :lol
If it's close to any of the existing promotional material renders, I'd say it's passable.
Which render image did you see to satisfy with this face?

The one comparing it with the head you made. The only error I see is the upper lip is slightly not thick enough, as that shot has Dante's mouth slightly open, so closing it gives it about the same distance, less flared nostrils, and slightly less thick eyebrows. Finally the hair isn't white enough, but again, they're small enough I can stand it. The renders of DMC3 Dante, versus in game, Versus mvc3, versus UMVC,versus concept art, versus any other appearance of this iteration. It looks close enough, Dante's look wasn't as ironclad as it was in dmcv yet, and it's reminiscent of that which in itself is dis-similar to 4 , 2, 1, and 3's face.

Prior to the change though it didn't look good at all, and I wouldn't have bought it.

We've been reading these comments so as always thank you for bringing your feedback to us, we're gonna do more tests based on the suggestion.

We've been reading these comments so as always thank you for bringing your feedback to us, we're gonna do more tests based on the suggestion.

What tests did you have in mind? Dante looks pretty close to releasing no? I imagine you could probably do the white hair but wouldn't sculpting be a bit too far in?

I don't know if this is accurate, but it looks like Dante and Nero don't have the ankle cut like DMC4 Dante does? That's gonna cut down hard on his articulation.

Back