Asmus Toys: Build-An-Orc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the orc head that came with Gandalf? I was looking for it on ebay, couldn't find it anywhere

I have it. Hopefully it won't take too long to get the rest of him. Maybe by the beginning of 2016. It doesn't look like a piece comes with the Wraith, Eowyn, Bard or Tauriel so it might take a while.

I hope this is still in play. No new piece since Gandalf, nothing came with Eowyn, though the chart promises forearms with Aragorn.

Here's hoping that other pieces are delivered with Tauriel, Bard, etc.

Asmus posted in the Aragorn thread that his figure will indeed come with the "forearm armor" to the Build-an-Orc. :clap

In case anyone was curious, I believe Asmus is supplying the head and armor parts -- the body we have to come up with ourselves to finish it.

Well, this orc -- Trapjaw -- is a smaller sized, like the Moria orcs if I remember correctly, so a small, slim body would be good.

That said, whatever extra body you happen to have laying around would probably be find. These orcs are always hunched and rabid looking so a perfectly formed body is actually not the best one to go with.

Asked this in thr Grishnakh thread but for fear it will get overlooked...

Will Grishnakh have a piece toward the completion of the Build-an-Orc..? If not, which figure can we expect to see this with?

NOTE: the original plan (picture posted) was to have gauntlets AND gloved hands included with Aragorn but we only got the gauntlets, so that adds another figure to collect to complete the prize. We have a long, long way to go on this build.

Build-an-Orc reveal 7-4-14.jpg

Hey yeah, well spotted again! Thats not fair really is it, what happened to those hands mr asmus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well off course, just pointing out that it is one more thing to collect now to complete the build. That old chart from 2014 was very promising but there is clearly going to be many more figures that we will need to get to finish this project.

That chart makes it look like you only need 6 figures to finish off the Orc.

Maybe the hands now will come with the body. Probabily they will give a body with hands and feets those who get all the others pieces.

Would love George to chime in here and let us know what the 2016 plan is for this.

As mentioned, that chart above is from July 2014, so a long time ago.

The shin armor that came with Saruman looks a lot like the ones with Grishnak. If I remember right, they never actually said they would offer a body, just the armor pieces and head. According to this, the only pieces not provided so far are chest and lower abdomen/crotch guard.

As cool as this seems, I missed on the head, standard, and gauntlets so only have the shin armor pieces. I am hoping they just put out some "generic" orcs at some point.

What shin armor? I had preordered my saruman from bbts and he came with no shin armor.

What shin armor? I had preordered my saruman from bbts and he came with no shin armor.

The same thing happened to me, the slots where they were supposed to be were empty. I ordered direct from asmus and they sent me a set. You may need to go through bbts.

Back