Asmus Toys: Build-An-Orc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is very cool, I've already decided against being a completist with this line but I really respect what Asmus is doing here.

My guess is it is the otufit and we have to buy the body ourselves. I wouldn't mind being wrong and having an entire orc when it is all said and done but they would have to seperate the body into two to make it work.

With Asmus' choice of bodies so far, I'd just as soon get my own body. Plus I'd rather have the additional "inclusion" be more orc gear than a body.

Yes but if the hand, boot and head pegs don't work with standard bodies it might cause issues. Maybe if they are not including the body they could offer blanks on their site.

Great idea. Harkens back to earlier days when companies offered bonus premiums. Not sure if I'll be able to "Build an Orc" or not--GTW is already on preorder, still waiting to see the latest Aragorn HS, and not sure if I'm going to be getting the Guritz, so will have to see. I'm sure there will be some folks trading pieces around in the aftermarket. Also waiting for more A-stringers to be announced. Still will be nice to see more of these types of promos in the future. Build and Elf Warrior, Build a Creature, etc.

Anyone else thinking that it may be a roto cast figure? Just judging by the forearms it looks like a solid piece. I hope I'm wrong. Still think it's a great idea even if I'm right.

We've been talking about this type of thing in the Star Wars section forever, but it finally seems to have become a reality here.

Kotobukiya did something similar a few years ago with its Star Wars ARTFX Bounty Hunter Series of sixth-scale statues. Each of the six bounty hunter statues included a bonus part or parts to assemble a seventh statue of Darth Vader. That was pretty cool and rewarded those who were all-in on that series.

I'm fairly committed to all of Asmus' LOTR figures, so this will be fun. Hopefully this portends a more generalized version of build-an-orc where we can build an army of orcs on the cheap.

Back