Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone!! I'm really way happier with it than I thought I would be. Asmus really knocked the sculpt and paint out of the park with this one, in my opinion!! Glad to have two now, haha!

I should actually be mad at you: after seeing this, I found that Barbie set on eBay and got it for $60, then purchased a second Asmus Arwen for $157 on sale at wbshop.com! If the Aragorn coronation suit is decent, I may try to bash that as well, as I have the ACI Aragorn in the box at the moment. Thanks a lot! :lol

I should actually be mad at you: after seeing this, I found that Barbie set on eBay and got it for $60, then purchased a second Asmus Arwen for $157 on sale at wbshop.com! If the Aragorn coronation suit is decent, I may try to bash that as well, as I have the ACI Aragorn in the box at the moment. Thanks a lot! :lol

Hahahaha always happy to help a fellow fan throw money at Middle-earth. :lol

Hope the Aragorn works out! I’d love to see the results if it does!

Lol. Now I am kicking myself for not picking up a 2nd Arwen with that great deal. Great idea and job with the dress!

Thank you! I have been waiting since 2003 - so literally half my life at this point - for a higher end collectible of Arwen in this outfit. I had the Toybiz action figure, a small piece from Eaglemoss, a replica of the dress from Museum Replicas that I got for Christmas one year, and a replica of the flag she carries. I lost it in the theater the first time I saw Return of the King when she showed up in a green dress since it’s my favorite color!. Got tired of waiting so I was like ehhh it’s a $200 gamble but it might work.... I’m glad it did! I’m hoping at some point someone puts something out of her in that gorgeous purple dress from The Two Towers now...

What dress is the picture in your avatar?

It’s a replica of her chase one I got for SDCC years ago. It’s not 100% screen accurate, but I love it. Arwen is the one character I’ll buy just about anything and everything of. :rotfl

Its a full replica dress...? That's not a doll, right? It's you? I see purple in it, that's what caught my eye.

Haha yeah, full replica and it’s me.

I commissioned it for SDCC and just had the costume designer make it the way she thought would look best. It wasn’t cheap, so when my now-husband and I went to the mountains, I brought it with me to get some photos there in a more elvish environment instead of in a convention center. :)

Looks cool! Maybe sometime you'll post pictures. Hiding your true identity of course.

I wish the Asmus Arwen had that violet under-dress/slip/whatever it is.

"The Evenstar"

Full review of Arwen Undomiel on exclucollective.com (https://bit.ly/2NOKkSp
)

The-Evenstar-2000.jpg

Looks cool! Maybe sometime you'll post pictures. Hiding your true identity of course.

I wish the Asmus Arwen had that violet under-dress/slip/whatever it is.

At some point I probably can!! I’d just have to dig around for them a bit since we took them about 2 years ago haha.

After watching this video I am strongly reconsidering this one. It looks so much better in hand (well, apparently, based on this video lol) than the terrible prototype photos. However some of the videos do have it looking closer to those prototype pics (though not as bad). So it makes me wonder if revisions were made to the head sculpt along the way. If I can get one that looks this good, I'll probably pick it up eventually.

It would have been nice if they'd included bare feet for her, which is how she was when she rescued Frodo. All sorta earth mother-like.

I got mine a few days ago and it is definitely better in hand. Sculpt still looks slightly off when viewed front on but the side profile is absolutely Liz.

I am very happy with it overall but gonna add the correct grey silk underskirt and dark lilac lace up the front and back.

Couple of photos straight out the box.
b1a937a4be25a7ead056b54e7d10459d.jpg
16b6b67e3eeda605b07ed437ff22b3f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

no revisions made! It could be because of different lighting, angles, that causes the illusion that there are different sculpts out there.
there will definitely be slight variation as they are all painted manually but all the final products have the same sculpt.

Back