Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok in addition to the matte pomade to the hair, giving the top of the sculpted hair a spray or tamiya semi gloss matched it up almost perfectly. Truth be told I might not do a damn thing to this figure now that I also touched up the eyebrows and accentuated the eye bags a bit which is a defining feature for her

Forgive the bad iPhone pics ( and the little hair that got on her lip, it’s not part of the paint no worries)

3A9B727A-84BF-4040-90CA-1B13A0C23934.jpg
6DE4F93F-0E05-4198-A1EC-4FA0144FDB89.jpgCFF77F5A-2FA6-4050-A6E9-F60D4768A210.jpg

Last edited:
Ok in addition to the matte pomade to the hair, giving the top of the sculpted hair a spray or tamiya semi gloss matched it up almost perfectly. Truth be told I might not do a damn thing to this figure now that I also touched up the eyebrows and accentuated the eye bags a bit which is a defining feature for her

Forgive the bad iPhone pics ( and the little hair that got on her lip, it’s not part of the paint no worries)

Wow! Definitely looks almost perfect now! Excellent work!

I wish I had my day-one pre-ordered Arwen but Asmus apparently doesn't want me to get it...

I've written several emails ever since people started receiving their invoices weeks ago but didn't receive a reply. I finally received a reply from them stating that they never received any previous emails and that they can't ship me the figure because I haven't paid the invoice...

ALL of my emails were requesting the invoice. I replied advising them once again to send me my invoice. Nothing yet.

I don't get it. I've only had great service from Asmus in the past but this just makes no sense.

Wow ! Nice improvement !!
Fly&fight, that sucks, sorry for you... Like Worgar asked, are you contacting Rola Chang ? Always had instant reply with her...

Yep. Rola is the one that I've emailed with. She has been great in resolving any issues in the past but for some reason, this figure is giving us a problem.

Sorry to hear about all this trouble since the Asmus site conversion. Try to PM Asmus thru this site as well. Not sure what you can do at this point. I'm guessing you checked your spam? Did you pay the $20 deposit for this figure via PayPal? Maybe send an invoice request thru PayPal for the remainder of the money (not sure how it works on PayPal for this)?

I'd be hesitant of course to do anything until I received an email from them. Has Asmus changed their email? Is it different on the new site?

you guys know where does the scabbard go on Arwen?

Sadly, it doesn't. The actual film costume doesn't have a belt. So in that sense, the figure is accurate. Presumably the scabbard was strapped to the saddle of her horse.

As an accessory, though, the scabbard is neat, but not something a lot of people are going to be able to display.

Sorry to hear about all this trouble since the Asmus site conversion. Try to PM Asmus thru this site as well. Not sure what you can do at this point. I'm guessing you checked your spam? Did you pay the $20 deposit for this figure via PayPal? Maybe send an invoice request thru PayPal for the remainder of the money (not sure how it works on PayPal for this)?

I'd be hesitant of course to do anything until I received an email from them. Has Asmus changed their email? Is it different on the new site?

Thanks, bro. I replied to the same email that she has replied to, so it's got to be the correct one.

I did pay the $20 via Paypal. I'll just wait for her eventual reply or invoice. I still have hope...

Sadly, it doesn't. The actual film costume doesn't have a belt. So in that sense, the figure is accurate. Presumably the scabbard was strapped to the saddle of her horse.

As an accessory, though, the scabbard is neat, but not something a lot of people are going to be able to display.

thanks! hmmm i wonder if she can hold it with her other hand.

Thanks, bro. I replied to the same email that she has replied to, so it's got to be the correct one.

I did pay the $20 via Paypal. I'll just wait for her eventual reply or invoice. I still have hope...

I hope this gets resolved for you.
As I mentioned previously, I got tired of waiting for the balance invoice and placed another order. At the same time I emailed Rola asking that my original $20 deposit be refunded. She responded quickly and said it would be done, but still nothing. I may have to reconsider preordering in the future.

Both of you guys? This is kind of messed up. I've had only positive experiences with Rola; she's always been very helpful.

I hope either Asmus here sees this problem, or Rola gets her emails sorted out. Something's not right here.

Rola was out of her office, I got the following response from her:

"Hi,

Our office is closed for Tomb Sweeping Holiday from 3rd-7th April, 2019.
The office will resume its function on April 8th, 2019, and emails will be responded asap in the order received.

Thank you for your patience! ''

No way, she sold out already?

Can’t be a recall as I haven’t seen many people say there were any problems

Back