Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone please help me out here. In July, I started collecting Asmus with the pre order purchase of Aragorn with an expected delivery date of 9.20 - 10.24. This being my first 1/6 figure, I'm not quite sure how pre orders work. As far as I know, Slim Aragorn was released like a year or so ago. I contacted Asmus and they said he's been sold out so no waiting on their end. So my question is...What am I waiting for? I thought maybe I was scammed but Big Bad Toy Store has their Aragorn expected delivery as November 2018. I'm getting frustrated because every month I wait, Aragorn increases in value and I've passed on opportunities to snag him because I already paid for 1.

Can someone please help me out here. In July, I started collecting Asmus with the pre order purchase of Aragorn with an expected delivery date of 9.20 - 10.24. This being my first 1/6 figure, I'm not quite sure how pre orders work. As far as I know, Slim Aragorn was released like a year or so ago. I contacted Asmus and they said he's been sold out so no waiting on their end. So my question is...What am I waiting for? I thought maybe I was scammed but Big Bad Toy Store has their Aragorn expected delivery as November 2018. I'm getting frustrated because every month I wait, Aragorn increases in value and I've passed on opportunities to snag him because I already paid for 1.

Why don't you email BBTS with your order number and ask them? Just to make sure it's not an error on their site.

I ordered mine from a seller on eBay, located in Hong Kong (iOfferStore) The communication has been horrendous...I only mentioned BBTS because I noticed they had their estimated pre order release in October too. Then when I didn’t get mine in October my eBay seller told me “kindly wait as it’s estimated for Q4 release” and BBTS updated their Aragorn to November now too. So I only used them for reference to make me feel like I may not be getting scammed. But when Asmus told me they’ve sent all theirs out a long time ago I got a funny feeling. Sucks because Aragorn was literally the reason I started collecting lol.

I ordered mine from a seller on eBay, located in Hong Kong (iOfferStore) The communication has been horrendous...I only mentioned BBTS because I noticed they had their estimated pre order release in October too. Then when I didn’t get mine in October my eBay seller told me “kindly wait as it’s estimated for Q4 release” and BBTS updated their Aragorn to November now too. So I only used them for reference to make me feel like I may not be getting scammed. But when Asmus told me they’ve sent all theirs out a long time ago I got a funny feeling. Sucks because Aragorn was literally the reason I started collecting lol.
Oh gotcha, sorry. Yea that does suck. You could still email BBTS and see if they are still getting him. If so then at least you know there’s hope.

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it.

I contacted BBTS and they said they were still waiting on the item. I asked who they are expecting to receive the item from because its not Asmus and they said:

"sometimes we are able to acquire authentic items from different sources other than directly from the manufacturer. This may be the case in this situation, however I am not certain" :slap

And the wait continues...

I looked at every dealer that I know offhand, which is only 5 or 6. None of them still have this in stock. Good luck.

Thanks for your help buddy! Pretty crazy that after writing this a Slim Aragorn was listed on eBay and the seller JUST ACCEPTED MY OFFER :). Will post some pics next weekend when he arrives!

All I need now is Gandalf and the fellowship is complete for me.

I know everybody says it is a The Hobbit Gandalf. Even Asmus has it archived in their The Hobbit section.
But then, why sell it with a Khazad-Dûm base? :)

m.

Whoever the new sculptor is for Asmus is absolutely killing it with the new sculpts....way better quality and accuracy than the earlier releases. With Gandalf the Grey getting a re-release (probably as a LOTR version, as opposed to The Hobbit version they already put out), I'm hopefully there will be a new Aragorn that has a sculpt up to par. I'd love a Helm's Deep or King Elessar version of Aragorn with a nice head sculpt.

"Thranduil fiasco"?
Could you elaborate on that?
m.

Sure.
There were many collectors who had placed preorders for Thranduil through Entertainment Earth (and possibly BigBadToystore IIRC) who are still awaiting fulfillment on those orders. EE keeps updating the expected "In Stock" date by extending it a few months, sort of like dangling a carrot in front of a horse. That's gone on for a couple of years; currently EE has an expected ship date of November 2018 listed.

Oh... ouch... I see now... Thanks...

m.

Sure.
There were many collectors who had placed preorders for Thranduil through Entertainment Earth (and possibly BigBadToystore IIRC) who are still awaiting fulfillment on those orders. EE keeps updating the expected "In Stock" date by extending it a few months, sort of like dangling a carrot in front of a horse. That's gone on for a couple of years; currently EE has an expected ship date of November 2018 listed.

30d9236109119665244c8b4a10318233.jpg
c35087864955ed42ca83cc51f93cd787.jpg

Aragorn arrived the other day and I mixed in some sideshow accessories to give him the Strider look. I think he looks great apart from the fact that he doesn’t balance well....I want to put some sideshow Aragorn boots on but don’t know which feet to purchase, any suggestions? Thanks and happy thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone selling the diorama base that came with the first asmus Aragorn release. I’ve put up a WTB post in the market section aswell. Was loads around at the beginning of the year now nothing ��

I might be selling mine in first quarter next year. (Slim Version)
I just collect most figures for photography ideas and sell many of them afterwards - except for my medieval knights, those will stay forever in my shelf. :D

Back