Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For for Asmus 1/6 LotR Aragorn Slim Version what do you guys consider a reasonable price, i.e., current fair market value? For both new and used. Assuming no damage whatsoever if used.

I realize I'm buying a sold out collectible on a secondary aftermarket such as eBay. Just trying to budget some upcoming purchases. Thanking you in advance!

You can search “completed listings” on eBay in the advanced search feature and check what people have recently bought Aragorn for. Most recently someone bought a pre owned slim for 400. Brand new and pre owned are all around the 300-375 ball park range according to this.

I’d check eBay daily (that’s how I got mine for 200) back in December and wait for a good buy it now deal. If you can find a brand new one for around 300 at this point I’d jump on that. He’s only going to get more expensive. Hope this helps !

You can search “completed listings” on eBay in the advanced search feature and check what people have recently bought Aragorn for. Most recently someone bought a pre owned slim for 400. Brand new and pre owned are all around the 300-375 ball park range according to this.

I’d check eBay daily (that’s how I got mine for 200) back in December and wait for a good buy it now deal. If you can find a brand new one for around 300 at this point I’d jump on that. He’s only going to get more expensive. Hope this helps !

Thank you! I don't think I'll find a new one for $300--that's probably a unicorn, lol! It feels like getting up towards 4 bills is too much, though... Yet the way things seem to be headed, etc., as you suggest...

Edit: I went ahead and bought a brand new Aragorn today. That's definitely a relief. I can pick up remaining members of the Fellowship that are less popular at reasonable prices at my leisure. And I'll wait for the LotR Gandalf to be released.

I luckily managed to find him at Popcultcha for $190!It was the last one they had. I am feeling quite lucky right now. Aragorn.jpg

^ Congrats on the find! :yess: I really want an Aragorn for my collection but because of prices (and they are so hard to find in the UK!) I think I'll just wait for the next version - hopefully Asmus will make a Helms Deep or Black Gate version at some point :pray: :pray:

I received my Aragorn Slim version today. Happy overall, the likeness is better than I expected. I was expecting maybe 7/10 but I'd say it's more like 8.0 or even 8.5.

However I wasn't expecting his plastic boots to be so... unpliable. I prefer posing/displaying the figures without their stands. (I do realize there is some risk in doing that, i.e., that of course they could fall over. But all the other LotR/Hobbit figures I have stand very stably when I achieve the proper balance. The risk is minimal.)

Unless there are some fabric replacement boots for Aragorn, he's going to be conspicuous as the only one resting on a crotch-grabber stand. Are any such boots available? I don't care if they're not perfectly movie accurate. Just complementary in appearance to the figure.

I received my Aragorn Slim version today. Happy overall, the likeness is better than I expected. I was expecting maybe 7/10 but I'd say it's more like 8.0 or even 8.5.

However I wasn't expecting his plastic boots to be so... unpliable. I prefer posing/displaying the figures without their stands. (I do realize there is some risk in doing that, i.e., that of course they could fall over. But all the other LotR/Hobbit figures I have stand very stably when I achieve the proper balance. The risk is minimal.)

Unless there are some fabric replacement boots for Aragorn, he's going to be conspicuous as the only one resting on a crotch-grabber stand. Are any such boots available? I don't care if they're not perfectly movie accurate. Just complementary in appearance to the figure.
The only fabric versions of Aragorn's boots came with the original Asmus Aragorn or the old DID version from the early 00's. Not including the old Toybiz doll haha.

To help sturdy the boots up, you can always heat them up and put a set of third party feet in. Or, for a quick and easy fix, stuff tissue or soft fabric in to help pad them out and give them some weight. I did that on my version and it worked fine. Definitely helps to get a fixed pose without the stand at least!

*edit* added some photos of my WIP Helms Deep Aragorn so you could see that the method works :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
99cdccb31441ad355cb76193f34e76ae.jpg
e0d130d6473524f3a467d5cbe37aec4a.jpg

@Kalkylen Thank you! I did consider heating up the boots with a blow dryer to kind of reshape them but wasn't sure how that would work out.

Hi all

Here's my Aragorn I've spent a little while creating. It is a mixture of the ACI and Asmus.
I added the hair, made an Elven cloak, repainted the sword and scabbard, made the pouch
and the sharpening stone, re-made the belt attachments for the scabbard, made the bed roll
and re-tied his boots. Hope you like.

Hi all

Here's my Aragorn I've spent a little while creating. It is a mixture of the ACI and Asmus.
I added the hair, made an Elven cloak, repainted the sword and scabbard, made the pouch
and the sharpening stone, re-made the belt attachments for the scabbard, made the bed roll
and re-tied his boots. Hope you like.

Impressive. Most impressive.
What material is that hair?
How did you curl it?
Best,
m.

Wow, that looks gorgeous. Really great modding there, kudos. Now you've got me considering getting the ACI version in order to synthesize the two as you've done.

What material is that hair?
How did you curl it?

It is Tibetan lamb fur and that's its natural curl. I got it on eBay.

Wow, that looks gorgeous. Really great modding there, kudos. Now you've got me considering getting the ACI version in order to synthesize the two as you've done.

Thanks a lot. ACI is rare at the moment I think but it does have some lovely accessories and clothing.

It is Tibetan lamb fur and that's its natural curl. I got it on eBay.
Thanks a lot. ACI is rare at the moment I think but it does have some lovely accessories and clothing.

OK thanks.
I have bought both ACI and Asmus, but haven't had the time to do the meld yet. According to you, what are the best parts that make up your ultimate Aragorn? The Asmus coat has a wire, right? But it is too greenish, isn't it? What about weapons/hands? Boots: clearly Asmus (fabric boots with little ropes to tie them tight to the legs). Asmus cape is one of those which Galadriel gave them, but I like the ACI one a lot.

Thanks,
m.

OK thanks.
I have bought both ACI and Asmus, but haven't had the time to do the meld. According to you, what are the best parts that make up your ultimate Aragorn? The Asmus coat has a wire, right? But it is too greenish, isn't it? What about weapons/hands? Boots: clearly Asmus (fabric boots with little ropes to tie them tight to the legs). Asmus cape is one of those which Galadriel gave them, but I like the ACI one a lot.

Thanks,
m.

The clothing is mostly ACI apart from the boots.
Sword = Asmus
Elven Knife = ACI
Scabbard = ACI
Headsculpt = Asmus
Hands = Asmus (though the ring of Barahir is much more accurate on the ACI)
Elven Broach = ACI I think
Boromir's vambraces = Asmus (they are slightly smaller than the ACI and seem to fit the scale better)
Quiver/arrows = ACI
Cloak = I don't think either company has done it correctly so made my own

I really do love the look of Aragorn in the films - especially his Two Towers look before he changes to the red shirt.

The clothing is mostly ACI apart from the boots.
Sword = Asmus
Elven Knife = ACI
Scabbard = ACI
Headsculpt = Asmus
Hands = Asmus (though the ring of Barahir is much more accurate on the ACI)
Elven Broach = ACI I think
Boromir's vambraces = Asmus (they are slightly smaller than the ACI and seem to fit the scale better)
Quiver/arrows = ACI:thud:
Cloak = I don't think either company has done it correctly so made my own

I really do love the look of Aragorn in the films - especially his Two Towers look before he changes to the red shirt.

Very decent of you to share this J & B, but he's gonna wear you out with questions.
Awesome job on the custom/mashup!

Very decent of you to share this J & B, but he's gonna wear you out with questions.
Awesome job on the custom/mashup!

Who knows..... maybe he is as happy to share his knowledge as many others on here (slikerias et cia), and won't mind being asked zillions of questions. If that ever happens, that is.

Not everybody is of your... kind, warlock664 (or even worse, of hoovomit00's). Can you guys wrap yourselves around that?
No... obviously you can't.

m.

Back