Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's maybe way too late to help or interest anyone, but let's share anyway. :)
At first, I owe Asmus some apology... I can remember I said that Asmus would never do anything as good as ACI with Aragorn. (and everybody can admit that the protos were ugly and they struggled a lot with the headsculpt) At the end, their Aragorn turned out even slightly better.
Of course I chose the "regular" fabric boots and not the "slim" plastic ones, and I gave them a wash of black ink to match the darker strider look.

IMG_7886.JPG

I cut off the sews at the bottom of the jerkin. I also gave the jerkin a black ink wash. Then weathered it all.

IMG_7925.JPG

For the coat I first sprayed it with matt varnish to break the glossy aspect. Then, of course... a wash of black ink. I cut off the sews at the bottom of the coat and at the end of the sleeves. At last, I made a little pattern for the right arm. It was boring as hell but not that long... And if you do not look too close it does the job.

IMG_7945.JPG

I re-arranged the rollbed...

IMG_7950.JPG

I gave the headsculpt a beard repaint, and made a little haircut. At the end I have a very nice Strider. The head may not be as good as some terrific customs rehaired, but overall it's a great figure, and I like it even better than my ACI one.
And, since I had one slim and one regular (to melt the parts and give the Black Gate version a correct head) I could make another Aragorn with the "waste" parts. For this one I chose the Amon Hen look.
:)

IMG_7966'.JPG

IMG_7968'''''.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

IMG_7973.JPG

IMG_7982.JPG

Great work Neko. You even managed to make those Slim version boots look better too!

And thanks for the nice comments. I know it would have been more interesting two years ago but everyone follows his own pace.
;)

That's really great work, Neko.

Thanks Wor-Gar ! You're one of those I mainly take inspiration from; I "stole" your pose for my Nazgul & steed for an example. ;)
I think the pose is one really important part of our hobby, and it can make a difference between dolls and collectible figures when well done. So, if I can help or give some inspiration my turn...
A trick everybody may know, in addition to the water treatment I sometimes use needles to fix some thick fabric, or leather. Here Aragorn and Merry's coats.

IMG_7639.JPG

And a last pic of Strider, I slightly changed the pose. Now I'm happy with it.
:)

IMG_8078.JPG

Does anyone know if all the crap in aragorns hair can be removed ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if all the crap in aragorns hair can be removed ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response but I think when I was looking through this thread I saw a post from Asmus that recommends a tooth brush to comb it out.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from pre order :impatient:

Digging around on FB I found the prototype of Aragorn. The sculptor is SHand on FB. Although the Asmus one resembles the prototype there are subtle differences or something as the prototype looks spot on. I would have loved for Aragorn to look like this.
5294A98C-F1DE-42A9-8CAB-554F47BF5D91.jpeg97F4D5B1-161F-4FC5-9EB7-115F3099688F.jpegB2CF6866-4685-4E17-8A91-B0BC7649524C.jpeg

Awesome figures, everyone. I return to this forum from time to time to check in on the hobby since I'm not active anymore.

However, I discovered my art figure king Aragorn in my closet recently and would like to know if anyone here can recommend a customizer to weather it for me? I will be using an Asmus rooted hair sculpt with it.

Can pay cash for your work or trade an old elvis1976 custom Aragorn that I still have.

Last edited:
Whoever the new sculptor is for Asmus is absolutely killing it with the new sculpts....way better quality and accuracy than the earlier releases. With Gandalf the Grey getting a re-release (probably as a LOTR version, as opposed to The Hobbit version they already put out), I'm hopefully there will be a new Aragorn that has a sculpt up to par. I'd love a Helm's Deep or King Elessar version of Aragorn with a nice head sculpt.

Back