Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this worth picking up if I already have the ACI Aragorn?

Yes.
I was a big fan of the ACI Aragorn, preferring it to Asmus' original release. But the rooted "slim" Asmus Aragorn blows the ACI away IMO.

Yeah, I honestly think Asus won the Aragorn battle. It was debated for a time but I ended up sticking with rooted haired asmus Aragorn. Not a bad decision since Ali's is still fetching a pretty exclusive price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The hairing still sucks on both. However, I truly have to give ACI the edge in terms of likeness (and I've owned both the aci and the slim head). The clothing and accessories also are more finely detailed on the ACI.

Well I guess I see what I think when I get the Slim Aragorn. Just ordered him.
I do love the ACI one so I'm curious which of the two I'll like better.

I'm always interested to hear what people think in the old ACI/Asmus debate. I didn't buy either at the time, though did pick up the Aragorn slim recently and it is very nice to me. At the time, I remember thinking the ACI looked better, but the ACI compared to the slim is another matter - I'd take the slim, but that's just based on pics. Please post your thoughts and a comparison when you get it!

I have both the ACI and the Asmus figures plus the expansion head. Initially, I thought ACI had the better sculpt, but soon it became too Ken dollish. Probably going to sell my ACI at some point.

Anyone order the new head and not received it yet? I ordered back in Sep when I ordered Boromir, and sent an email the other day to follow up but no response yet.

Anyone order the new head and not received it yet? I ordered back in Sep when I ordered Boromir, and sent an email the other day to follow up but no response yet.

I paid for the head in June and still hasn't got it. Sent them a couple of letters and got no response.

Got a reply on the head:

He's almost done and we should be able to ship this week the soonest.
Sorry for the delay and if there's any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you for your support.

Got a reply on the head:

He's almost done and we should be able to ship this week the soonest.
Sorry for the delay and if there's any other questions, please feel free to let us know.
Thank you for your support.

I'm waiting on a replacement head as mine came with a big chunk of hair missing so hopefully I'll get it from this latest batch. :)

I finally just ordered the slim Aragorn he will be the second asmus figure I own I also have Gandalf the grey. Cant wait to get this guy.

I finally just ordered the slim Aragorn he will be the second asmus figure I own I also have Gandalf the grey. Cant wait to get this guy.

Well worth it, I had bought the ACI Aragorn, but bought the rooted headsculpt and put it on the ACI body. IMG_20171214_022532784.jpg

I just bought this guy last week from BBTS. We both got lucky then. Still working on setting up the other figures so I haven't opened him yet.
This head looks really good on the ACI body in your pic.

Finally got the Aragorn head. That neck peg was a pain to get in and then his face fell off, so I had to glue that back on. But, overall, worth the upgrade.

Replacement head arrived today. Absolutely perfect customer service from Asmus! So chuffed :)

Just received Aragorn from my local retailer! He needs a bit of work for setting him up, but once you're done, man, what a great figure. One thing I love from these figures is that they allow you appreciate all the intricate details that these outfits have. I had to check how Aragorn wears his clothes, and discovered that the little knife has a place in the sword scabbard, plus how the elven knife hangs from the belt. Also, love how the cape is weathered, giving a lived look to it. Very happy with him. Now I have Frodo and Aragorn. My next probably will be Legolas, but I'm tempted to get an orc first. Grishnakh is my favorite amongst them.

Back