Asmus Toys : Aragorn thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bunch of those cloaks. I keep meaning to put one on the ACI and Asmus figures to see how it looks.

I stocked up when people were selling SS figures off at $10-$30. I just couldn't say no to the deal even though I didn't need them. My 7 year old has a set he sets up for display in his own room.

@starkresilient: exclusive 12" Boromir or Legolas

Gotcha! Thanks. I couldn't find any pictures of the figures with the cloaks.. They look great. I really wish Asmus would upgrade their Fellowship cloaks.. I'm not a fan of how they have the broach on it.

Just ordered the Coomodel 27cm body for my Aragorn, and also for Saruman, as both are tall. Can't wait to get them all now! It'll be a mini bonanza...Aragorn, Saruman, Merry & Pippin all en route!

I think I'm gonna stick with my ACI Aragorn...although you guys are making it very tempting. I already still have my SS one and I keep telling myself I don't need another.

However...I do need the Build-a-Orc piece. Anyone willing to sell theirs who isn't building the Orc?

I think I'm gonna stick with my ACI Aragorn...although you guys are making it very tempting. I already still have my SS one and I keep telling myself I don't need another.

However...I do need the Build-a-Orc piece. Anyone willing to sell theirs who isn't building the Orc?

I might be, as not getting all the figures, just select ones, so won't be able to build an Orc

Cool. Let me know if you decide to sell it. I'll take it off your hands.

Will do, but I just part-ex my ACI Aragorn for Gandalf the White (plus I got extra cash from it) - so now I have all the parts released so far and thinking I might build it hahaha

Holy ton of accessories Batman!!! So glad I finally jumped on the Asmus Fellowship bandwagon! I haven't been this impressed with an overall figure package for a long time!

I just sent my figure to be repainted/haired and heavily weathered. I swapped all the hands for some from Hot Toys and stuck a green ring from a Fight Club figure on there. I don't know if I just got an unlucky batch, but all the rings and fingers on my hands were messed up or really thick at the fingertips.

I wish I could find the ACI coat parted out since it looks a bit thicker and sturdier than the Asmus. Overall, Asmus looks to have the better head and accessories apart from the hands. I found an ACI body with hands for $50 or so, but I don't really want to spend that much since I'd basically only be using the hands.

Does anyone know any accuracy issues other than the sword hilt color, painting the arm patch brown, brown thread for the vest ties, and black cloth over the arrows? I've been watching the extended blurays to try to look, but I forget to look at the costume and I just watch the movie. :lol

Accuracy wise he is pretty good. I'd say the Elven knife is my biggest issue - I don't think it looks accurate and when compared to the ACI, you can really tell.

The biggest issue I saw was the design of the green jacket, but that can't really be fixed. I'm mainly looking for color changes or things to add here and there.

I'm thinking about getting some ACI chainmail and putting it on Aragorn for a Helm's Deep look. Take the jacket off and put it under the vest.

The biggest issue I saw was the design of the green jacket, but that can't really be fixed. I'm mainly looking for color changes or things to add here and there.

I'm thinking about getting some ACI chainmail and putting it on Aragorn for a Helm's Deep look. Take the jacket off and put it under the vest.

Oooo now that's an excellent idea although I would be tempted more to use Coomodel chainmail from their knights as I wasn't impressed with ACI one. Fantastic idea though. I have been thinking of purchasing a 2nd Aragorn to do something like that...one fully kitted out and one in that kind of look

I just a modded one on eBay with real hair looks awesome. Think it's someone here actually.

I might have a spare one in next month or so as thinking of getting another boxed Aragorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am itching to mod an ASMUS head to put on my ACI...if I can just find one.

I'll sell you my open mouthed sculpt. :lol

Oooo now that's an excellent idea although I would be tempted more to use Coomodel chainmail from their knights as I wasn't impressed with ACI one. Fantastic idea though. I have been thinking of purchasing a 2nd Aragorn to do something like that...one fully kitted out and one in that kind of look

I'll have to check out the CM chainmail too. I just saw the ACI shirt on toy anxiety and thought it'd make a good custom. I'm really hoping Asmus does Gimli and Legolas. I'm definitely getting Gandalf the Grey. Maybe their Frodo if it looks good... I'd love an Uruk-hai.

Here's my video review of the Aragorn figure. Overall an absolutely fantastic package from Asmus! Definitely glad to have jumped on the LOTR line now and looking forward to the rest of the Fellowship!

Back