Asmus Toys 1:6 - Saruman the White

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At moment we are testing on Gandalf the Grey,
it seems he has a better volume of hair,
which we can grow some more on the back of his,
but as for Saruman, unfortunately it is the best way.

I would suggest some thing can be done is that use a double-side tape on the back of the head
to "stick" some hair to the skin. it would really help .

Unfortunately we cannot do that in production, because most of the response can already be imaged if we do so...

Lol. Yeah I can see the response now if you had done that.

Well the pictures overall look great and I cannot wait for mine to ship out from Asmus. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to cross the ocean.

I would suggest some thing can be done is that use a double-side tape on the back of the head

Unfortunately we cannot do that in production, because most of the response can already be imaged if we do so...

Thank you for reaching out to us !!

George, you'd mentioned in the Merry & Pippin thread that Asmus might be interested in offering accessory packs possibly featuring alternate head sculpts.

Would it be possible to sell alternate head sculpts of Saruman or Gandalf with sculpted hair? As a separate purchase? I know the hair eliminates articulation, but for people who really want sculpted hair look, that may be a sacrifice they'd be willing to make.

(Saruman looks pretty great, by the way!)

George, you'd mentioned in the Merry & Pippin thread that Asmus might be interested in offering accessory packs possibly featuring alternate head sculpts.

Would it be possible to sell alternate head sculpts of Saruman or Gandalf with sculpted hair? As a separate purchase? I know the hair eliminates articulation, but for people who really want sculpted hair look, that may be a sacrifice they'd be willing to make.

(Saruman looks pretty great, by the way!)

I would like that for any figure with rooted hair. I don't really care for rooted hair and I'd be glad to get them with sculpted hair if they were available. Sometimes articulation isn't as important as how something looks.

I think Saruman has turned out very good, I wish I had the extra cash to buy one.
Despite its flaws, I think Asmus are constantly progressing, so kudos on that.

Yeah George, please find a way to offer the sculpted hair Gandalf the Grey sculpt, I know most seen to prefer that one much more. You have a golden winner with that sculpt. Add Saruman level paint apps and the release will be perfect.

im sold on joshuas pics, i think the figure has turned out rather well.

the hair issue is a shame, but he has thin hair and the only way to get it thin is to put less of it, so i can understate and happy to work around it.

I feel that Asmus really did take the needed approach with the hair. I think the only other thing they could have done was to root individual hairs which of course is completely cost prohibitive. We all know that there is always going to be a volume problem at 1/6 because you can't get fibers that are 1/6 the diameter of real hair.

im sold on joshuas pics, i think the figure has turned out rather well.

the hair issue is a shame, but he has thin hair and the only way to get it thin is to put less of it, so i can understate and happy to work around it.

I agree. Seeing Joshua's pics gave me a sigh of relief and gave us our first glimpse of Saruman in some decent lighting. As Asmus suggested will try the double sided tape with the hair. Glad I pre-ordered and looking forward to adding this, my first LOTR figure, to my collection. Curious to know when it will be shipping.

From what I've heard you keep the figure dressed and generously douse it with a water from a spray bottle. Arrange the clothes and folds like you like and let it dry. I think I've even read of people soaking the whole figure under a spigot for really bad clothing like the Witch Kings.

The new pictures look great indeed. Nicely done.
And for the people who bought directly from Asmus' website, any news when we will receive the tracking ?

Those pics look great! Nicely done. You can clearly see the growth in this company. Each figure getting better and better. More and more accurate.

Growing pains aside, it's a good time to be a Middle Earth fan!

Hi guys... received my figure from Asmus... like to share some handphone pics... :)

20160125_221747-1.jpg
20160125_221317-1.jpg
20160125_221330-1.jpg
20160125_233026-1.jpg
20160125_233621-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20160125_221925-1.jpg
    20160125_221925-1.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20160125_225041-1.jpg
    20160125_225041-1.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 163
Much better looking in these pics!

The outfit looks good, too. Perhaps a quick tea bath to tone down the white.

But the eyes look a little crossed, as if he's staring at a fly that landed no the bridge of his nose. Is this just in the photos or in hand as well?

Back