Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my modded (just padded the leg to let the peg floating inside the boot) Saruman next to regular GtW:
sarus4_zpsjipmbswf.jpg

That looks nice! I think I'll definitely use the coomodel tall body for Saruman. Did you remove the waistcoat thing on Gandalf? He looks nice! I finally have one on its way. Just confirmed merry and pippin were delivered today. Yay

Thanks for the pics Sith. For me, the robes needs to barely touch the ground and still create folds. I guess i just have to get used of the height for the meantime. I know Asmus was aware of CL's height because it was brought up in the development stage of the figure.:dunno

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yeah, my reason for going with a tall Aragorn, was his Ranger nickname : Strider. Its mentioned several times in the lore how tall he is. I guess its just a matter of personal taste. With some of my figures, I try to go in a mix of the movie design, and the lore. I don't see any problem with either option.

In regards to Saruman's height, I wanted him a bit taller to have the same imposing look as he had when he was next to Gandalf.

You can even imagine a justification lorewise, Saruman imagined himself the mightiest amongst the Istari , maybe he picked his body and his appearance, the same way Sauron donned the Annatar guise, as a giver or rings when he wanted to look friendly , or the Gorthaur, lord of werewolves at Tol-in-Gaurhoth, when he wanted to terrorize, or the Necromancer in Dol Guldur.

So does "pre-order" mean any pre-order with any distributor? Or just through Asmus?

They previously included the extra Aragorn head with pre-orders through other distributors. So I'm just hoping they keep that policy going forward as I won't be able to order this beauty for at least another month and I really want that spear!

maybe the spear is used as a 'support' :dunno

But if you wanted to display it without the spear - then you have a problem so I don't think that is the intent. Lets hope for a nice stand - and a battle standard as well which would be terrific.

Yeah I need to contact them as they took 2 lots of payments from me for this and I can't reach them to get it refunded. PayPal won't help as use it as a guest as each time I one an account they block it (long story not my fault which they even admit but can't change anything)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I need to contact them as they took 2 lots of payments from me for this and I can't reach them to get it refunded. PayPal won't help as use it as a guest as each time I one an account they block it (long story not my fault which they even admit but can't change anything)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had to do all my orders as a guest too. It used to worry me because I couldn't see the order history but Saruman, Aragorn and the hobbits all arrived okay.

Back