Asmus Toys 1/6: Grishnákh

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The body ought to be somewhat disproportionate with shorter legs and longer arms than a regular human body. Fortunately, Grishnakh is all clothed & armored except for his head so no orc-skinned components have to be made. Also, the head & neck joint ought to be such that he would be effectively looking up if posed upright but forward if hunched over.

Grishnakh.JPG

In the books i suppose grishnakh is a bit ape shaped, but the movie version was just a regular guy hunched over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The body ought to be somewhat disproportionate with shorter legs and longer arms than a regular human body. Also, the head & neck joint ought to be such that he would be effectively looking up if posed upright but forward if hunched over.

I don't expect quite that level of anatomy detail.

Not thinking anything too difficult or extreme. I'm not sure whether Asmus buys their bodies complete (though I think I remember reading that they had started making their own), but it shouldn't be too difficult to select the legs from a shorter figure and the arms of a taller one. For the head/neck joint, the main thing is that it be capable of being posed looking ahead if hunched over (Guritz, for example, could not really be posed like this).

One problem spot for Asmus has been its bodies. There's always an issue -- too tall, too short, something. I don't think they have 'swappable parts' because they don't make hundreds of figures like HT and don't have the reservoir of varying parts.

But I'll just be happy if I can bend the legs into a deep knee-bend pose (including ankles) and it can stand there without falling over. The head I can fix myself and I am certain they will not cut the neck to accommodate an extreme crouch pose.

One problem spot for Asmus has been its bodies. There's always an issue -- too tall, too short, something. I don't think they have 'swappable parts' because they don't make hundreds of figures like HT and don't have the reservoir of varying parts.

But I'll just be happy if I can bend the legs into a deep knee-bend pose (including ankles) and it can stand there without falling over. The head I can fix myself and I am certain they will not cut the neck to accommodate an extreme crouch pose.

Taking into account that Grishnahk was played by an actor, in a convincing , crouched position, I don't think its really necessary for any sort of proper orcish body for him. All we need is articulation, and some fuzzing for realistic poses.

yeah. I'm pretty sure they buy their bodies from Kaustic Plastic, as they are incredibly similar to their initial release bodies.

I am happy with the bodies on Aragorn and Saruman, albeit both too short, as those 2 were over 6 feet....I have 2 of the Coo Model tall bodies coming, but not sure yet if I want to risk undressing the figures, as I tend to end up wrecking them!

Aragorn is not over 6 ft. Maybe we can discuss about book Numenor-descendant Aragorn, but Viggo is 1,80m and not really taller than the rest of the fellowship:
the-lord-of-the-rings-the-fellowship-of-the.jpg

"Some time after the publication of the books, Tolkien wrote that he was at least 6 ft 6 in (198 cm) tall"

That was taken from wiki and what I went by. It's pretty common to find that this was Tolkien's take on Aragorn's appearance

"Some time after the publication of the books, Tolkien wrote that he was at least 6 ft 6 in (198 cm) tall"

That was taken from wiki and what I went by. It's pretty common to find that this was Tolkien's take on Aragorn's appearance

And that's my "Maybe we can discuss about book Numenor-descendant Aragorn" point, but these are figures from the movie. I mean, you can have your Aragorn as tall as you want, but you cannot blame Asmus for making him too short. :wink1:

Lol true - the figure is as tall as Viggo. It's only Saruman I would change but like I said I'm happy with the bodies they're using now - they seem to be the best proportionate and look natural unlike some where too bulky shoulders or thighs etc :) so I'll leave them as is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viggo is 1.8 m and Christopher Lee 1.96 m tall. Yes the ACI Aragorn and the ASMUS Saruman have the same height. What I am wondering about is will the robes used for Saruman be long enough with a longer peg/body? In the movies his boots can barely be seen.

Viggo is 1.8 m and Christopher Lee 1.96 m tall. Yes the ACI Aragorn and the ASMUS Saruman have the same height. What I am wondering about is will the robes used for Saruman be long enough with a longer peg/body? In the movies his boots can barely be seen.

This is my modded (just padded the leg to let the peg floating inside the boot) Saruman next to regular GtW:
sarus4_zpsjipmbswf.jpg

Back