Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks fantastic, as is.

Thank goodness the hair no longer has that weird split at the front. Makes a HUGE difference.

I understand that this is the prototype, but the head sculpt paint apps appear a bit pale. His hair was also blonder. Could be just the photos.

I believe that Faramir wasn't seen with the broken horn of Gondor, so not including it wouldn't be a big issue.

I think he looks fantastic, as is.

Thank goodness the hair no longer has that weird split at the front. Makes a HUGE difference.

I understand that this is the prototype, but the head sculpt paint apps appear a bit pale. His hair was also blonder. Could be just the photos.

I believe that Faramir wasn't seen with the broken horn of Gondor, so not including it wouldn't be a big issue.

Faramir was seen with the broken horn of Gondor in the extended cut of TTT, leading in to the flashback with Boromir at Osgiliath. It's very brief, and I don't think it was really in the shot in the theatrical cut.

we are still unsure about the broken horn of Gondor,
it feels Faramir's sell is not going to be great, he isn't a hot character, and the situation of the world is very cloudy right now,
it is likely the sells is not going to be pretty for the rest of 2020 or longer, therefore, necessary cost down is sadly inevitable

I totally understand that. He is a must on my list for 2020 along with Helms Deep Aragorn and Gandalf. It?s the other lines I will be passing on but I can see hii I w he may not be as high up on others lists.

Faramir is looking great. I am going to have it haired unless that option will be available.
Hope there?s a new Eowyn in the pipeline somewhere. Asmus?s sculpts have improved so much since the first release. That one is okay as long as she?s wearing the helm, and folks have shown it can be nicely improved with tweaks and weathering. However, it would be nice to have princess Eowyn in gown with a great Miranda Otto likeness.
Any plans for a new Legolas? I?ve been considering sending mine out for hairing, but it would be just my luck to have a new and improved version with rooted hair announced once I do.

Will he come with a set of hands for drawing the bow?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

wow, your thoughts on Faramir is exactly the same as what I got from the painter
Well I’m something of a painter myself.

These online exclusives are bugging me now. I want them all but Elrond‘S banner, though beautiful- was not worth paying the excessive custom fees Id end up with from using a Asmus direct shipping and their packages tend to get absolutely mangled for some reason.
However, Faramir’s bow is a different story. That’s a far more essential accessory than the broken horn of Gondor which should probably be the exclusive item If there has to be one but it’s ultimately just a piece of plastic and fishing string which I again absolutely can’t justify an additional ?30 to purchase through Asmus.
How can you include the arrow quiver and presumably some arrows in the regular release but no bow? Honestly, exclusive items are just discriminatory towards people who live in certain areas. Make a slim and a deluxe if you must divi up accessories and make them available to all venders.

So no bow included as an accessory - just for the exclusive? I only order from UK retailers so looks like no bow for me! :( As the figure looks really good I'll still be getting it, but would have thought that a bow should have been a standard accessory for this character.

So no bow included as an accessory - just for the exclusive? I only order from UK retailers so looks like no bow for me! :( As the figure looks really good I'll still be getting it, but would have thought that a bow should have been a standard accessory for this character.

I've ordered directly from Asmus twice to the UK and have not had any customs fees thankfully. No bow is ridiculous though; what next, Aragorn's dagger is online only when they release the Helm's Deep version?! �� The bow is only a thin piece of plastic! Make the horn of Gondor or his ranger coat an online exclusive if you really need to do one.

I've ordered directly from Asmus twice to the UK and have not had any customs fees thankfully. No bow is ridiculous though; what next, Aragorn's dagger is online only when they release the Helm's Deep version?! �� The bow is only a thin piece of plastic! Make the horn of Gondor or his ranger coat an online exclusive if you really need to do one.

:exactly: Would have made more sense. :( I really regret selling my Sideshow Faramir now, I could have used the bow from that! :lol :slap

Well I?m something of a painter myself.

These online exclusives are bugging me now. I want them all but Elrond?S banner, though beautiful- was not worth paying the excessive custom fees Id end up with from using a Asmus direct shipping and their packages tend to get absolutely mangled for some reason.
However, Faramir?s bow is a different story. That?s a far more essential accessory than the broken horn of Gondor which should probably be the exclusive item If there has to be one but it?s ultimately just a piece of plastic and fishing string which I again absolutely can?t justify an additional ?30 to purchase through Asmus.
How can you include the arrow quiver and presumably some arrows in the regular release but no bow? Honestly, exclusive items are just discriminatory towards people who live in certain areas. Make a slim and a deluxe if you must divi up accessories and make them available to all venders.

Haven't looked into this yet, but yeah, it's absurd. There are iconic things associated with characters - Thorin/Orcrist (and the Arkenstone:monkey3), Gandalf/staff, Frodo/Ring, Sting; Thranduil/twin katanas; Legolas/bow, knives; and so on. What the ??????

IMO Faramir HAS to have the bow, arrows and cloak. :(:slap

ASMUS knows this!

I'm not super bothered by the exclusive situation. I kinda get why they're doing it.

Financially this is going to be a lean year for them because of the global situation. (I mean, it already is for a lot of folks.) So I think they're gently encouraging more of us to buy directly from them. I don't know much about the business end of things, but I think when we buy direct, they may get to keep a few more bucks. So I'm happy to help, if I can. I want them to be on as strong a financial footing as possible, because I want them to churn out LOTR figures for many years to come.

Of course, that's all easy for me to say because I'm in the US, and we don't have the huge customs and tax mark-ups on these shipments that a lot of you guys have to endure. Sucks. I wish there was an easy way for everybody to support the company, get the accessory and do it without getting fleeced by Customs.

Beautiful indeed. But boots are worrying me: a single piece of plastic? Not even two parted boots, again? And no rooted hair version? Asmus, I think you should remain coherent with previous releases if you want collectors to be faithful to the line.
Last but not least, I dont see any hood. I take for granted that the cloak has one.
In any case, it is a beautiful character and a nice execution in general, so if the run is not high I am confident that it will sell out.

Just want to say thank you to Asmus. Faramir and the Witch-King are my favorite Lord of the Rings characters, and now I can have both of them on my shelf. I've been asking for Faramir pretty much from the start. Glad they looked to have done him so well!

Hmmm. My biggest worry is the boots. I really, really want ankle movement. The two piece boot always seems to work well for me. It gives movement and the top part of the boot seems to give the joint a little more stability so the figure doesn’t suffer from weak ankles. Hopefully they clear that up.

As far as the exclusive bow, since I always buy one from Asmus direct it normally doesn’t bother me but I have bought doubles of a decent amount of the figures down the road so it might come into play if a month or two after the release I decide I want a second one.

Back