Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Faramir is looking topnotch, thanks for sharing Asmus. Will be getting him for sure.

Any consideration to a root hair version to pose with Boromir? Maybe even the option for sculpted or rooted like Boromir?

:duff

Any consideration to a root hair version to pose with Boromir? Maybe even the option for sculpted or rooted like Boromir?

I was just thinking that, because I only got ahold of a Boromir two weeks ago and he has rooted hair. Maybe I should have gotten the plastic hair so he'd match his brother. Then again, they were opposites, so...

That looks sweet and I?m very happy with how the hair and vest are shaping up. Great news about Aragorn too. It would appear that Asmus really do know best.

Lotr is so richly filled with great characters that have such unique, striking and memorable appearances that we?ve still only scraped the surface of possibilities for the main cast. Almost every lead/fellowship character has a second or even third outfit or variation that warrants its own release that there is still plenty to delve into without even mentioning all the lower tier characters and numerous Orc options and- dare I say it- larger creatures.
I hope this line carries on indefinitely because it?s in joint top place as my favourite line in my collection.

Well said. And I still would pay a lot for Dwalin etc. Anyway things may be derailed for now with Amazon's Tolkien series but IMO try getting these figs down the road when the hype is on.

Wow, that Faramir looks amazing. Great work there.

I have Boromir, I’ll probably get Faramir. I love seeing how much Asmus continues to grow and improve. These updates are great. Love the fact that they’re giving insight on their processes and having product longevity in mind after they’re done testing and experimenting with materials. Most companies wouldn’t swap over to a plastic vest, they’d just say “welp, **** it, when it rots, it rots, not our problem”. The fact that they’re taking their time and communicating is just amazing to me.

You guys are killing it. Keep it up.

We are still a couple photos short,
but I think it would be nice to do the debut here
so, here is Faramir~
Please let us know what you think~
thank you

FR001a.jpg
FR002a.jpg
FR003a.jpg
FR005a.jpg4FR004a.jpg

Okay so overall it looks great and I can’t wait for the preorder but I feel like something is off a little bit. It might be the shape of the hair something with the sculpt. Again overall great but something might need a small tweak if possible.

It looks great! I agree the sculpt is a bit soft but maybe it's the hair throwing it off as it's a bit big and too dark.

Costume looks excellent though. Will he be coming with the long coat he wears in his first few scenes?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic!

I especially like how saturated the colors in the costume are. Hoping the production figure has those deep greens and browns. He really pops.

I think the sculpt is dead-on. I wasn't expecting it to be this good, actually, because David Wenham doesn't really have a very distinct face. Great job all around.

Great place to debut a new figure. This is where the hardcore lotr collectors are at! Everything looks beautiful. The belt is great, all buckles, the vambraces and the cloth goods are all spot on and the vest is definitely looking it’s best. How flexible are those boots though? I’m not seeing a cut anywhere if they’re plastic. I also think the issue with the face is not the likeness which is very strong but perhaps the lack of any clear expression. He seems completely vacant. Perhaps if his brow was ever so slightly more furrowed, eyes more open and focused and there was a slight gap between his lips... although it’s hard to know what the ideal expression for Faramir would be. He’s sad and conflicted most of the time.

Great place to debut a new figure. This is where the hardcore lotr collectors are at! Everything looks beautiful. The belt is great, all buckles, the vambraces and the cloth goods are all spot on and the vest is definitely looking it’s best. How flexible are those boots though? I’m not seeing a cut anywhere if they’re plastic. I also think the issue with the face is not the likeness which is very strong but perhaps the lack of any clear expression. He seems completely vacant. Perhaps if his brow was ever so slightly more furrowed, eyes more open and focused and there was a slight gap between his lips... although it’s hard to know what the ideal expression for Faramir would be. He’s sad and conflicted most of the time.

wow, your thoughts on Faramir is exactly the same as what I got from the painter

Will he come with a broken horn of Gondor?

we are still unsure about the broken horn of Gondor,
it feels Faramir's sell is not going to be great, he isn't a hot character, and the situation of the world is very cloudy right now,
it is likely the sells is not going to be pretty for the rest of 2020 or longer, therefore, necessary cost down is sadly inevitable

Back