Asmus 1/6 Lord of the Rings - Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About the bow, it is also a cost down thing,
I have attached a photo below, it is an injection mold we made for Dante from DMC5,
what you are looking at is a mold arrangement, roughly size of an A4 paper. The cost to make this mold is 3000 USD.
Faramir's bow at 1/6 is going to take up to 1/3 or half of the mold, and break it down to 1500 copies, each bow is going to cost more than 3 USD (after printing and painting )

It is agreeable tat is odd to leave it out, but at this circumstances, we choose the long vest over the bow.

So we made it an exclusive, and will be making it in resin instead, it will cost a little more individually, but we do make more profit by selling it directly to the consumers which can easily cover the extra cost.

401.jpg

Asmus i don't know anything about running a business so excuse me if this question is too simplistic. If you're saying the bow would cost 3 dollars to produce why can't you just jack up the price 5 bucks and include it? Do you think the added 5 dollars will make a difference if this sells or not?

Thanks for breaking down the costs of the bow and the reasoning behind making it an exclusive. It makes sense of course but it's a shame that we are not getting it as standard but good news that he comes with the long vest/coat at least! Do you have a photo of that garment to show us please?

Hey Asmus, I’ll gladly give you three bucks for a bow to ship it by itself. Way better than than more than 10 times that amount to pay off custom fees. Hell, I’d pay ten USD for it! Out of interest, how much is the hooded duster to produce?

So the bow will be made of resin? Would that not reduce the flexibility and make it more likely to crack?

I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision to make (having the bow as an exclusive), but as I always order direct from Asmus anyway, it doesn’t affect me. And if ordering direct means they make more profit, it seems like the right thing to do, so they continue making these figures. I’ve never had any issues buying direct that they didn’t immediately correct, and since they also seem to ship direct orders first, I’ll continue to do so.

the bottom was so poorly photoshopped, so we didn't use it~
but the bottoms will be metal pieces~ will be very nice

chopper face brought up a very good point (first thing that entered my mind when I read it as well)...
"So the bow will be made of resin? Would that not reduce the flexibility and make it more likely to crack? "
sounds like a poor decision to me, care to put our minds at ease about why this resin is a suitable material
for this particular object?

Nice figure overall, preordered.
Something about the face seems a bit off... If you compare with a photo of the actor the sculpt seems quite fair, so maybe it's just the paint app (too pale ?) or maybe the lack of expression as someone stated ?

FR005a (1).jpg

I would have prefered leather vest but this one looks ok and I can understand the reasons.
But the detail thing that really bugs me is the sews on the tunic... Can we have something more discreet, just like on the sideshow figure ? It would be nice, the sews draw my attention and for me it spoils the rest of the figure... :/

FR005a.jpg

18225_orig.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

I love the Coat and the Cape! Likeliness is also good, just the "expression" a bit boring.

Still unsure if I order him or not. With rooted hair probably yes. Will thinking a bit more if I need this char, but could be cool with my Boromir.

Cheers for the update regarding the coat, looks great. Glad to finally get that!

Also I second that hemline being too big on his tabard, definitely throws off the look sadly. I know it's on the actual costume but it's only a small hem so it's barely noticeable. Also, it's way too dark at the moment. The color in the movie is olive green rather than the forest green currently being used.

The sculpt is definitely too soft around the cheeks and jawline too after seeing that comparison photo. Wenham has quite a square face but a round jawline whereas on this sculpt the cheeks a too round and the chin is too pointy. Even though it's dated now, I'd say the actual shape of the old Sideshow sculpt is probably closer to the actor than this one sadly.

Probably too late to make any changes now I guess!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice figure overall, preordered.
Something about the face seems a bit off... If you compare with a photo of the actor the sculpt seems quite fair, so maybe it's just the paint app (too pale ?) or maybe the lack of expression as someone stated ?

View attachment 482754

Interesting comparison Neko. Seems to me the eyes and the nose are pretty good, it looks like it might be the shape of the mouth throwing it off more than anything. The sculpt has a bit more droop to it, making the moustache too short horizontally where it looks like it should be a little more across on the horizontal. Maybe a bit of the slight open lips like the movie still here will give him more emotion and determination in the sculpt. The overall hair and beard colour seems a bit dark too. Too brown instead of ginger blonde. That might be part of it too.

Back