Ask Sideshow LOTR Q&A's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll send in the letter tonight too.

By the way the price might be real close to the prices of Aragorn and Gandalf depending on the size of the base. My guess is one of the reasons Gimli has such an impressive base is they used the money they saved on his size and spent it elsewhere on the statue.

I could see SS trying to plan the hobbits coming out in twos and at about the same price point. Reguardless I don't see them being in the $300 range.

I guess time will tell, but based on the lousy response to a complete Fellowship in PF by Freaks members, I think SS is going to think long and hard before giving the go ahead on a $350 Merry and Pippin maquette....and frankly I don't blame them.

Woodsy, have you been in touch with anyone at SS regarding the numbers of requests so far? If so, what is the picture looking like?

Woodsy, have you been in touch with anyone at SS regarding the numbers of requests so far? If so, what is the picture looking like?

I don't know what the numbers are, but I do know they are watching the 'Complete the Fellowship in PF' thread. I did fire off an email yesterday, hopefully I'll hear back soon.....

I don't know what the numbers are, but I do know they are watching the 'Complete the Fellowship in PF' thread. I did fire off an email yesterday, hopefully I'll hear back soon.....

OK, I have heard back from SS and they are quite pleased with the response so far. There was an issue with some LOTR fans [myself included :eek:] sending multiple emails as SS does not want this happening, but other than that they are pleased with the response so far. That does not mean we should stop sending in those emails however. :nono For those who have yet to send an email....please do so. And getting your friends and family involved isn't going to hurt either. Just have them forward their requests using their own email acct's. :wink1:

Also, can somebody direct me to the aforementioned form letter concerning a full fellowship in PF form. While I am not collecting that line, I will be happy to help my fellow LOTR collectors.

I'll send in the letter tonight too.

Do you guys have any news to report yet? :impatient:

Last edited:
I sent my letter requesting PF's of Merry Sam & Pippin. Do you think I will get a response in a couple days?

I sent my letter requesting PF's of Merry Sam & Pippin. Do you think I will get a response in a couple days?

Thanks, another name for the list. :clap As for a response, you should get an automated one. All emails sent are being forwarded from customer service to the product team....and they are the ones who make the decisions.

Last edited:
E-mail sent!! Not a PF collector, but i have previous with incomplete lines and know how maddening it can be.
Plus i want Hobbitses maquettes :lecture

E-mail sent!! Not a PF collector, but i have previous with incomplete lines and know how maddening it can be.

You have left me with no other option than to add you to the list. :lecture And support for the PF's can do nothing but help the cause of Hobbit maquettes. :)

Yup. Same here. I have the Aragorn Exclusive PF but that's it. I'd love to have the others but the costs are too great.

I do believe that for the lotr the fellowhip should be completed in every format that is undertaken because it was such an important part of the story.

Yup. Same here. I have the Aragorn Exclusive PF but that's it. I'd love to have the others but the costs are too great.

I do believe that for the lotr the fellowhip should be completed in every format that is undertaken because it was such an important part of the story.

Is that "Yup. Same here" as in " Not a PF collector" or "E-mail sent!! Not a PF collector" :confused:

Only one Q&A response today , but it is a biggie where Hobbits supporters are concerned. :yess: :clap

Monday, February 14th, 2011

Question : LOTR fans have begun a campaign in an attempt to convince Sideshow we want a complete Fellowship in Premium Format and that includes ALL REMAINING HOBBITS! What kind of response have you received? -AND- Is it enough for SS to finally relent and give us a complete Fellowship in PF?

Answer : Our Creative Director and design teams have heard you. We’ve received a very healthy response to our challenge, and the Shire has been heard. The Hobbits will see release in statue form, and we will be moving forward with designs for PF versions as well. We’ll be updating you from time to time as things become more concrete.

Last edited:
It's great to hear again that the hobbits will be done as statues... and great to hear they'll design them as PF's! Happy for all you PF collectors!

Back