Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bf-outsmiley.gif

GrueSam banished fury now. :lol

Nice piece .. just not feeling Liv here IMO.

yes no problem with the rest of the statue, just the face. Ideally it should look like liv (the old arwen statue did a much better job even though the detail isnt well made), even if it doesnt look like liv it should at least fit the arwen profile. This face looks like a man..

Hate to say it, but someone may end up repainting this and making it look better. The sculpt is awesome. It's a case of poor paint app. When we're forking 3x the SS/W sculpts prices, one would expect not needing to touch up the paint.

Disappointing, I was hoping there would be a revised sculpt for the formal announcment/pre-order, but that looks more like a young Steven Tyler than Liv Tyler....

tumblr_ll1sj1zynm1qguenno1_400.jpg

Usually i have no problem putting an order in straight away for a LOTR piece but i`m gonna hold off on this one for now.I thought they would have revised the paints on the face a little before it went up for order.

Nope it looks like Kevin Bacon, and I'm not joking, especially if you look at the little picture of it where you can order it on Sideshow's site. :lol
LOL! I kinda see your point regarding the Kevin Bacon reference. I'm not sure if it's the paint or the sculp, but maybe the retail pieces will have better paint for a better likeness.

All this wishing for better paint apps has me concerned about this piece. I have not yet ordered and have begun questioning the viability of the line...especially with The Hobbit's impending lines of collectibles.

If anyone saw the raw sculpt, it is absolutely spot on Liv Tyler/Arwen...but it is truly amazing what paint can do/not do for a sculpt.

I am riding the fence at the moment...

I can see a little bit of the Sideshow Wonky Eye, which I think they have made their trademark at this point, but the likeness is certainly there for me. Exclusive ordered, and next year is turning out to be a great year for LOTR collectibles. Time to get some hobbits on order, for both the Premium Format line and the maquette line!!

I think we will get the Witchking Maquette next, but I would really love to see some Hobbits!

I think Arwen looks pretty good, but for now it's a pass for me. I have no intention of being a completist in this line and there are too many of these backing up in the pipline as it is. If they were spread out a little more maybe I would get all of them. But right now I have to be a bit more picky. It's been a very rough Summer money-wise and need some time to catch up.

All this wishing for better paint apps has me concerned about this piece. I have not yet ordered and have begun questioning the viability of the line...especially with The Hobbit's impending lines of collectibles.

If anyone saw the raw sculpt, it is absolutely spot on Liv Tyler/Arwen...but it is truly amazing what paint can do/not do for a sculpt.

I am riding the fence at the moment...

The paint is fine though. There are a couple where it's not washed out plus pics taken at comic-con that show this piece to be very good. As far as the viability of the line. If what I was told at comic-con is true sales have been just fine and this line has very strong legs. So no need to worry.

I still see the same sculpt with the paint on it.

I'm with many others on the likeness. It's not good from SS pics. We all hope it will magically change with the final product but we know likely it won't. I still ordered the exclusive but with a bit of buyers remorse ATM.

It will still be a nice companion piece to Aragorn.

I think the sculpt needed more softness or maybe a little roundness in the cheeks and bigger eyes. And more color to the face of course.

All but the biggest fanboys should have issue with what we see in those pictures. Too bad as liv was the most important hotty in the movie.

The raw sculpt seemed really good I can't figure out what happened. It seems too far off to just be bad paint app or bad pics.

Back