Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they put it on a bit thick.

5368908-a-portrait-of-an-old-gorilla-with-gray-sideburns.jpg

$250. is that even reasonable for this? i dunno ... i have the SS/weta vessel pouring galadriel and i was just looking at the detail both in the sculpture and the paint apps and this arwen doesn't even compare in my opinion. i've never seen this galadriel even sell close to $250, whether through initial sales or on a secondary market. anyways, my point: these prices are craaaazy.

$250. is that even reasonable for this? i dunno ... i have the SS/weta vessel pouring galadriel and i was just looking at the detail both in the sculpture and the paint apps and this arwen doesn't even compare in my opinion. i've never seen this galadriel even sell close to $250, whether through initial sales or on a secondary market. anyways, my point: these prices are craaaazy.

Yeah it's kinda pricey. I think it will be available on the secondary market for a discount tho'.

oh ya i agree fuzz, it's these initial sales prices though that keep driving the escalation of these pieces even where the quality does not reflect the cost. i think it's obvious that buying this particular piece would support this.

i'm not so disappointed in the liv-thing to be honest as i believe there can be some artistic freedom (whether the obligations of newline or the saentz company would agree may be debatable), however, it's really the quality of the product, for the cost, that i question.

The price reflects the quality IMO. Nothing now costs what those SSW pieces did then. Thats just the way it goes.

Personally, I think she belongs in the $225 club with Aragorn and Legolas, not the $250 club with Boromir. I wouldn't give Arwen a perfect score based on the pictures I've seen so far, but I like it enough to order--and pay the deposit. She's going next to my Aragorn.

Still holding off. And when those hair issues and comparative photos are brought up like that it only strengthens my resolve. I really wish she was amazing, and I did see her in person at SDCC, mind you. Guess I'm just going to wait for in hand pics, and hope, because I do truly want to add her to my collection. This is after all my primary focus line...

The price reflects the quality IMO. Nothing now costs what those SSW pieces did then. Thats just the way it goes.

dude, thats just the way it goes, because we let it happen by paying those prices. sorry josh, this simply does not compare in quality to past pieces that cost significantly less, like mystique com as an off hand example ... or any others for that matter. you honestly think the value of this piece is $250?! seriously?

dude, thats just the way it goes, because we let it happen by paying those prices. sorry josh, this simply does not compare in quality to past pieces that cost significantly less, like mystique com as an off hand example ... or any others for that matter. you honestly think the value of this piece is $250?! seriously?

:exactly::goodpost: They only way prices can skyrocket is if customers keep paying those prices.

I pay what they ask because they're items I want. Plus I realize its not 2001 anymore and everything has gone up from TV's to statues. Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the quality. I had virtually every statue from the SSW line but these are Yeah, saw it in person the detail, paint, and likeness are really awesome. I have no issue at all putting my $250 in for this item.

And there is definately no hair growing from her ears!

People have said this will be the true test of the longevity of the line - if they can sell Arwen well the line will be a long running success. I'm quite surprised at the level of dislike the statue is getting. I don't think the maquette line will have anywhere near the amount of released the old SSW line had, but i'm sure they'll do all the major characters.

i am just glad she's not in the fellowship, otherwise i would have to abandon this entire line. Everyone released so far was very well done, boromir especially exceeded my expectation...then they release this man-looking arwen.. :slap

the josh, i think we all understand your position, you love this statue. Unfortunately most people dont. No need to keep going in circles defending the bad paint and likeness.

I saw her at Con and loved it. I ordered her without reservation. She'll look great next to Aragorn and I need the ex- she *must* be wearing the Evenstar.

I'm not sure how many times it's been said but Damn, SS pics never do a piece justice. The stat always looks better in person. Always.

I saw her at Con and loved it. I ordered her without reservation. She'll look great next to Aragorn and I need the ex- she *must* be wearing the Evenstar.

I'm not sure how many times it's been said but Damn, SS pics never do a piece justice. The stat always looks better in person. Always.

Its like I said earlier in this thread I believe this is what I was hoping the Ex would be. Its just a perfect addition to an already awesome piece. If I could have ordered her at comic-con I would have thats for sure.

I will agree the exclusive piece is nice and a must have. I'm hoping the neckline won't shown on this C.O.H., but I do have confidence in SS regarding that part of the piece.

Really love the piece overall, just can't get over the bad pics just yet, and the delays in the line too.

Will wait and see, and will jump on her probably once in hand pics show up...

at the end of 2012! :lol

Last week I said I would buy this, just to have an Arwen. I never bought the WETA statue for some reason, mainly because I felt her white dress was too undistinguished, especially with Galadriel also in white:

picture.php

:monkey2

But honestly common sense and a sense of standards says this statue is not something I should be supporting.

What surprises me most is that Sideshow a company that loves to portray women in an overtly sexual fashion, cannot make Liv Tyler actually appear as the great beauty she is.

Does anyone have the unpainted raw sculpt pictures that were running around the board a couple months back? Please post them if you do. Or link to them at least

Back