Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a place in my collection for a single Joker PF standing there all by himself. I would rather add Arwen to a growing collection of LOTR maquettes that can be displayed as a group. I have to think big picture, and Joker doesn't fit in my collection as a whole.

Not getting Batman when he comes out?

I reserved my comment until the reveal, but this is just awful....AWFULLLLLL. Who is that? it's definitely NOT Arwen. How can SS let this abomination of a face go into production...

Definite pass.

2001311_press02-001.jpg

Abomination? Not even close (prone to hyperbole much?) :rotfl

Unfortunately, the pics do not do this piece justice IMO. I also had misgivings in the beginning and didn't want to commit my $$ or (more importantly) space to this piece if I wasn't impressed when I went to SDCC 11. Since I'm perfectly happy with the SSW Arwen, didn't see a need to "complete" this line. Her coloring is very muted but not nearly as washed out as shown in the pics. At the Con, I looked at her from all possible angles.....close-up and from afar. Except for a need for a very light touch up of color to her lips (probably in a rose hue), she's very fine and I'll be ordering her.

:arwen

Abomination? Not even close (prone to hyperbole much?) :rotfl

Unfortunately, the pics do not do this piece justice IMO. I also had misgivings in the beginning and didn't want to commit my $$ or (more importantly) space to this piece if I wasn't impressed when I went to SDCC 11. Since I'm perfectly happy with the SSW Arwen, didn't see a need to "complete" this line. Her coloring is very muted but not nearly as washed out as shown in the pics. At the Con, I looked at her from all possible angles.....close-up and from afar. Except for a need for a very light touch up of color to her lips (probably in a rose hue), she's very fine and I'll be ordering her.

:arwen

YEAH!!!!!! :hi5::hi5::hi5::1-1:

I'm REALLY trying to, but I still don't see Liv. It is a beautiful statue though and I will be ordering the Ex. I will give a final verdict when I can see the statue with my own eyes. Until then I will pray that SS improve on likeness, if that's possible at this stage! :pray:

I suspect I can pick this one up later and Arwen is way down my list of things to own at this point. The face looks good enough for me. Its the pose that seems to bother me about this piece. Not a reason to NOT buy, if I was otherwise inclined, but I still don't get what she's supposed to be doing. And the different angles on the full reveal make this even more apparent. She is clearly walking forward and twisting to the right but... ah whatever. I'm glad they are making these and hope she sells well to keep the line going.

I also think its a bad sculpt. Somethings off, maybe the crooked eye. But she looks too manly.

Definitely a bit of Sideshow wonky eye going on...but overall I like and will likely be ordering...

See I don't see the wonky eye. You're looking at the face at one angle and the angle of the face is going a different direction (eyes included) from the way the pic was taken.

to the haters and to the patrons of this statue well what can i say....to each is own. just keep your calm and learn to tolerate ones opinion. here is mine.

pose: this statue is intended to be paired with aragorn and not just as a stand up center piece. thats why shes kinda leaning to her right while aragorn is looking to his left. im sure when these two are put together it will bring more life to it.

detail: SS must have went thru lengths in giving her overall outfit as much accuracy as they can to the movie. seen the fellowship countless times and i think its pretty damn close.

character likeness: im just not seeing liv tyler in this statue. which is kind of disappointing really after SS had really stepped up to getting the likeness dead on with the male characters and all of a sudden they produce this monstrosity that even Liv Tyler herself wouldnt have the slightest clue as to who this character is suppose to be after staring at it.

It doesn't look as bad as some want to make it seem, but I must recognize it is not a very good Liv Tyler's likeness. Not even close IMO. Maybe because the actress is too beautiful for a sculptor to portray her in statue form. I don't know.

It looks like a very nice Arwen piece, just not a Liv Tyler Arwen IMO.

doesn't look anything like her. too bad. think i'll wait til she ships and see if there is an improvement. i doubt this will be hard to find later on.

It is the eyes that are off. If you cover the eyes, the rest of the face sculpt is liv Tyler.. That strong jaw etc.

Liv Tyler has beautiful eyes and somehow the sculpt is slightly off, but i think thicker eyeliner on the upper eyelash will help make it look better.

Back