Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the overall tone is better in those pics, but I agree about the lips needing some color. Can't argue that the likeness is spot-on.

This, and I also think that her eyebrows needs to be just a little darker (at least compared to the screen grabs posted earlier).

But overall, it just goes to prove what I said earlier in the thread:
But as always, I think the most important thing is to wait until better photos (and a 360 view) show up :). I expect to be pleasantly surprised.
I am very pleasantly surprised :D. This is an amazing piece, and easily the best Arwen sculpt I have ever seen.

This, and I also think that her eyebrows needs to be just a little darker (at least compared to the screen grabs posted earlier).

But overall, it just goes to prove what I said earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by RoboDad
But as always, I think the most important thing is to wait until better photos (and a 360 view) show up :). I expect to be pleasantly surprised.

I am very pleasantly surprised :D. This is an amazing piece, and easily the best Arwen sculpt I have ever seen.

You are a wise man Robo......:lecture

They have Woodsy... you're just too close to see it bro. I know you want to see it, and you want all of us to see it, but Liv is not there. She a beautiful Elven girl, but not Liv. Sorry.

Maybe in-hand will tell a different story. I'm buying it anyway because I'm dedicated to the line, especially after seeing the PHENOMENAL Legolas and Boromir pics.

They have Woodsy... you're just too close to see it bro. I know you want to see it, and you want all of us to see it, but Liv is not there. She a beautiful Elven girl, but not Liv. Sorry.

Well what can I say.....I already know how this story ends. By the time this maquette ends up on people's doorsteps they'll be raving about how good it looks in person and those who passed will be regretting it. This happens almost all the time with almost every statue SS produces....same old story, same old ending. :dunno And even if the worst case scenario happens to occur, that being the paint app's are suspect, at least the sculpt is there....and while I wouldn't want to, I'd pay a good painter to re-paint the face if necessary in a heartbeat because the statue is still 10X better than any other version of Arwen ever produced.

I already know how this story ends. By the time this maquette ends up on people's doorsteps they'll be raving about how good it looks in person and those who passed will be regretting it. This happens almost all the time with almost every statue SS produces....same old story, same old ending.
I was thinking the same thing. It's almost like deja vu. All of the same comments are always made, and when the finished piece arrives, the same set of "it's so much better in person" comments will follow.

All I can say is that the likeness is there for me in Trevor's sculpt, and the new shots taken at SDCC confirm that the original shots were just poorly taken. The paint apps aren't perfect, but Liv's face is there :inlove ;). I will be ordering without any doubts at all.

I was thinking the same thing. It's almost like deja vu. All of the same comments are always made, and when the finished piece arrives, the same set of "it's so much better in person" comments will follow.

All I can say is that the likeness is there for me in Trevor's sculpt, and the new shots taken at SDCC confirm that the original shots were just poorly taken. The paint apps aren't perfect, but Liv's face is there :inlove ;). I will be ordering without any doubts at all.

Exactly. I go back over some of the older threads on occasion and it just boggles my mind reading the pre-arrival and post-arrival comments...and it doesn't seem to matter what section, thread, or item we're talking about...it's always the same. Someone once said...."the one thing history teaches us is that we never learn from our mistakes". I wonder if the person who said it had this place in mind....:monkey3 :lol

And no, the paint app's aren't perfect and there is room for improvement...hopefully SS will take our requests to heart and tweak them a bit.

Now, I'm getting this one. So I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing the piece, but this kind of reminds me of Kate from LOST.

The unpainted shots really resemble Liv Tyler, but every now and then I think of Evangeline Lilly when I see the painted Arwen. Maybe it's because she's going to be an elf in The Hobbit and I'm wondering how that will look.

She does look like Kate from LOST, now that you mention it.

And, also I hate to say it. But, in the 2nd picture posted from Charles, she looks like she has wonky eyes.

Yes, I also see Evangeline Lilly there more than Liv Tyler.
Actually, on the first preview pic I thought she looked like Lilly (Kate from Lost) but didn´t want to mention it just in case it was only me, lol

She does look like Kate from LOST, now that you mention it.

And, also I hate to say it. But, in the 2nd picture posted from Charles, she looks like she has wonky eyes.

Yes, I also see Evangeline Lilly there more than Liv Tyler.
Actually, on the first preview pic I thought she looked like Lilly (Kate from Lost) but didn´t want to mention it just in case it was only me, lol

Wow I thought it was only me. I see Kate too.

This thing in person is a beauty. Nothing wrong with it at all IMO. Skin tone, lips, etc all are right there.

This thing in person is a beauty. Nothing wrong with it at all IMO. Skin tone, lips, etc all are right there.

Yeah, based on the quality of the maquettes so far that was a pretty safe assumption. Are you going to post some pic's? If so can you get one featuring a right side profile...that seems to be her best side from pic's I've seen so far.

Back