Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would make one of these maquettes look like crap so they could stop tempting me. I was hoping this would be the one but no such luck. :banghead :lol

Relax Frank, you have that one ace up your sleeve that will always enable you to resist.....you're cheap. :monkey3 :lol

You are a very wise man Shai.......:lecture

Yeah. He totally is. :rolleyes2

once again, real-life photos put the debate to rest and Arwen awaits her sell-out!!!

What, before Boromir? ;)

Just showed the photos to someone and they said while they know who it's supposed to be, she can't see Liv Tyler!

A definate buy for me though, she'll be going straight next to Strider.

I personally don't think the finished pictures look a whole lot like Liv Tyler. The unpainted sculpt sure did, so I don't see how it seems to have changed. It doesn't look like just a paint app or photo problem to me. We have seen quite a few photos from SDCC. Her cheek bones seem to angular, almost like her face needs to be a bit more pudgy and the eyes don't seem big enough. Anyway, I hope when it comes out I am pleasantly surprised.

Well, the photos I took and what I saw with my eyes are one in the same. They saw a sculpt that looks very much like Liv with a fantastic paint job. She will be mine.

Well, the photos I took and what I saw with my eyes are one in the same. They saw a sculpt that looks very much like Liv with a fantastic paint job. She will be mine.

gotta agree with you on this. I didn't get to see her in person, but the photos you posted show Liv and a very-nice paint job. With the in-hand maquettes showing very nice paint jobs, I'm confident this one will be just fine.

but you thought the red and green ninja heads were the same and they were miles apart.

Point is what exactly? I've never claimed to be right 100% of the time.

we're all wrong once in a while right? :wink1:

you guys still think this line is gonna thrive, huh? interesting. i'd say all the signs point to a dead line already, but that's just my opinion. i'm glad i didn't fall for this one.

there's no way this line will go past boromir.

Then of course we realize we're wrong. :lol

i decided to jump back into this line afterall. better late than never. my love of LOTR is too great. this line had better not die now that i've gotten on board.

Last edited:
I'm not getting all the negativity on this one. She look awesome to me (thanks for the photo, Josh!), and I will be ordering with complete confidence.

Now, if you want to talk about a horrific display piece from the Con, check out the comparison pic in the Faith statue thread, over in Whedonville. Now that's a nightmare.

I'm not getting all the negativity on this one. She look awesome to me (thanks for the photo, Josh!), and I will be ordering with complete confidence.

Now, if you want to talk about a horrific display piece from the Con, check out the comparison pic in the Faith statue thread, over in Whedonville. Now that's a nightmare.

I don't get it either personally. To each their own but I'll trust what I saw and how things have gone so far. Thank ya!! The LOTR setup was my most favorite part of the entire booth.

I didn't even really look at that piece and I know I didn't take a picture of it. So I'll have to go in there and check it out.

So was there an additional display on this, or at least a confirmation of the EX? I haven't been around much, so pardon me if this is old news.

the ex for Arwen is an additional portrait that will show the scratch on the side of her face and wearing the penchant - it's in the video.

To be honest, the statue at SDCC looked to be a pale (ie, no lipstick, and no blush on her cheeks) version. If there's one area SS can improve on, is her face and give her a blush and lipstick. Then she'll look more like Liv Tyler from the movie.

Looks like it had a nice paint job on the face to me and the pics I took show that I think.

yeah, Joshster . . the paint app was nice, except it was lacking in color :wave

To be honest, the statue at SDCC looked to be a pale (ie, no lipstick, and no blush on her cheeks) version. If there's one area SS can improve on, is her face and give her a blush and lipstick. Then she'll look more like Liv Tyler from the movie.

I got off one further e-mail to Sideshow while I was on a roll the other day in this regard.

"The Arwen maquette being previewed at the moment is one which I would very much like to purchase, but am on the fence so far as regards the likeness to Liv Tyler as she appeared in the trilogy.

It is of course difficult to make a definitive judgment without the piece in hand, but from the many photos I've seen taken by Comic Con visitors the paint application to the face seems flat. I believe its appearance would be right on the money if her complexion was made a bit rosier. Adding a little blush to her cheeks and a bit of red to her lips would really bring her to life.

Thanks for incorporating our opinions as collectors into the excellent work you do!"

The customer rep passed the suggestion on as with the others. This is probably a good one to suggest since paint applications come last in the process and even if the piece exhibited at Comic Con looked pretty good, this is the best way to ensure that the development team knows that this is an important aspect to make the piece a really top-notch representation.

I was pretty pleased with the piece at Comic Con. I think it shows the warrior in her as a contrast to the "Lady Arwen" look of the original SSW piece. Just as that one compliments the Elessar piece well, I think this one will compliment the Aragorn as Strider piece from the new line very well. I can see the likeness being a challenge because she has very subtle features that could be hard to portray at that scale without either missing them or over-accentuating them.

Back