Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, both the Snow Troll and Arwen preview pages say "Join our weekly newsletter to be alerted when this item pre-orders after Comic Con 2011."

In the WIP pics we`ve seen the sculpt looks amazing.I hope the paint job turns out that way too.

i'm still not seeing Liv in this sculpt at all. i really want this piece to go with the Aragorn statue but i don't know. is this really the same sculpt as that raw WIP sculpt someone posted pages back??

I definitely saw Liv in the raw sculpt, so I think the paint is throwing it off. The lips need to be redder at the very least.

arwen01.jpg

343090851_a9d649d573.jpg

This is so true, for me also.
The raw sculpt that's been shown is really a thing of beauty and I can really see LT in that. The painted version, not so much.
It really is a gorgeous piece though, I just hope the facial paints are improved upon alittle for the final product.
x :peace

I have to admit Arwen does look a bit 'pasty' based on the video images and it does take away from the killer likeness of the unpainted sculpt. I can't explain why the painter in question went with these particular flesh tones, esp. since there are so may reference photo's available to draw upon. :dunno Go with a fairer skin tone, added the rosy hue to her cheeks, and add more red to the lips and I think the problem is solved.

LotR_FotR1552.jpg

ArwenRivendell1.jpg

LotR_FotR1542.jpg

As for those concerned about the paint app's I would strongly suggest you contact SS directly and make your requests known to them...while there is still time. :lecture

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=297

request submitted - sure hope they get a boatload of them so they hear the fans on this one.

Request submitted.

:duff
Bill

Request submitted as well. At this point the more requests SS get, the more apt they are to address our concerns. One thing is certain, if we say and do nothing, the chances of SS doing anything at this point are slim and none. :lecture

It doesn't help that it's a bad pic. If you look at her neck, you can see where there's a dark shadow over her whole face. She does look like she hasn't put her make up on yet.

arwen01.jpg

request submitted. I love the sculpt, but the lips could use more color, and the skin tone looks a little less fair than I think she looks like in the film.

Arwen will be a must have, and she looks to display very nicely with Aragorn! Aragorn and Gandalf were far nicer in hand as compared to any photographs, so I would imagine that this will hold true for this piece as well.

request submitted. I love the sculpt, but the lips could use more color, and the skin tone looks a little less fair than I think she looks like in the film.

Arwen will be a must have, and she looks to display very nicely with Aragorn! Aragorn and Gandalf were far nicer in hand as compared to any photographs, so I would imagine that this will hold true for this piece as well.

Good man! :clap And it's funny how people forget that, but it's absolutely true. I don't recall anyone being disappointed with the paint app's of the first two. Personally, I think the paint apps of those two, in particular the flesh tones and eyes, are some of, if not the best I've ever seen from a mass produced statue. :lecture

Last edited:
Wait, are you saying a mass produced statue painted the skin and eyes of my Aragorn and Gandalf statues?

So surreal. :rotfl

I REALLY hope they don't screw her up and that there will be tweaking because she is not doing it for me at all. I won't judge until we have better pictures, but this is the worst likeness in the line so far. F I X I T!!! :lecture

I'm with RoboDad regarding the hair line by the ear. That's really my only gripe based on the picture provided.

I REALLY hope they don't screw her up and that there will be tweaking because she is not doing it for me at all. I won't judge until we have better pictures, but this is the worst likeness in the line so far. F I X I T!!! :lecture

Not only is the likeness, not the worst.......based on the unpainted headsculpt it's probably the best. The paint app's from what we've seen so far, are another story altogether. Now if you want the headsculpt re-painted or tweaked the way alot of us do, you can waste your time telling them to "FIX IT!!!" in a thread where they're never going to see it or you can contact them directly with your concerns like many of us have done.

Last edited:
I'm with RoboDad regarding the hair line by the ear. That's really my only gripe based on the picture provided.

It doesn't bother me, but now I can't unsee it.:gah:

Like a weird optical illusion, my eye gets drawn to what look to be long, flowing sidesburns. If you guys had never said anything I would have never noticed.

It doesn't bother me, but now I can't unsee it.:gah:

Like a weird optical illusion, my eye gets drawn to what look to be long, flowing sidesburns. If you guys had never said anything I would have never noticed.

I still haven't......:dunno

Haven't been around for a while, this looks like a good statue except she's an elf not a wookie, whats with the hairline IN FRONT of the ear???:rotfl

I see the rumours of your demise have been greatly exagerrated! Since you haven't been around for awhile Alan let me introduce you to SS's first ever Star Wars/LOTR collaboration......:wink1: :slap

Back