Statue Arwen Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt looks good. :rock

I'm glad that we're getting two of these announced at Comic-Con. :rock

Of course it does! When was the last time Trevor let us down? :confused: To quote a friend of mine this sculpt "kicks ass and is taking names"....:lol

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

Woodsy,
Thanks for posting the pictures! I don't think anybody has really chicken-littled on this one yet, as we are all aware that Sideshow don't always do themselves a favor when it comes to preview photos. I can see the perfect Trevor likeness in your pictures, I just hope to see those same features come through on the painted portrait!

Boromir was exactly the opposite reaction, as the unpainted sculpt that was previewed had some people struggling to see the likeness, and the painted reveal today shows that it is one of the best yet!!

Woodsy,
Thanks for posting the pictures! I don't think anybody has really chicken-littled on this one yet, as we are all aware that Sideshow don't always do themselves a favor when it comes to preview photos. I can see the perfect Trevor likeness in your pictures, I just hope to see those same features come through on the painted portrait!

Boromir was exactly the opposite reaction, as the unpainted sculpt that was previewed had some people struggling to see the likeness, and the painted reveal today shows that it is one of the best yet!!

Of I think most people are wise enough to figure out SS's preview pic's rarely do justice to the final product, but based on a few of the comments posted so far it's clear some people have yet to grasp that concept. :wink1:

And I was thinking the exact same thing myself...I was underwhelmed by the unpainted Boromir sculpt and overwhelmed by Arwen's....go figure. :lol :dunno

Raw sculpts from Trevor almost always look better that protos or even the production pieces. Almost seems a shame to cover his work with any paint :lol

Sideshow should sack who ever prepares these sneaks. LOL Trevors raw sculpt looks incredible.

Of I think most people are wise enough to figure out SS's preview pic's rarely do justice to the final product, but based on a few of the comments posted so far it's clear some people have yet to grasp that concept. :wink1:

And I was thinking the exact same thing myself...I was underwhelmed by the unpainted Boromir sculpt and overwhelmed by Arwen's....go figure. :lol :dunno

:chillpill::lol

I'm just not seeing Liv in those shots yet, maybe its the photo, maybe it's the paint app, or jus the angle cause the unpainted sculpt looks great. I think I'll reserve judgement until we get the full reveal and a 360.

I'm hoping it's a lighting or camera flash issue. Based on woodsy's pic, it definitely is not a sculpt issue, but now a paint app issue.

The teaser pic isn't the best but I like what I see so far and I may end up getting it unless we see a 1/4 PF at SDCC! :pray:

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

You know, it really amazes me how some of the people around here who should know enough to realize how foolish it is to judge a piece on one photo......continue to do so. I guess some people just aren't bright enough to figure this out.....:dunno

QFT! :lecture

The sculpt is amazing and the picture you posted proves this!:rock

Wait for more pics and better angles. I'm sure we'll see the prototype on display at SDCC. :yess:

ArwenHeadsculpt.jpg

You know, it really amazes me how some of the people around here who should know enough to realize how foolish it is to judge a piece on one photo......continue to do so. I guess some people just aren't bright enough to figure this out.....:dunno

I must say the picture in the bottom right looks SPOT ON. It looks WAY better then the color photo posted earlier. I hope the end result is similar to this black and white on the bottom right (only with color).

I will probably get it even though it needs more work. Sorry, but I don't think it looks like Liv, sculpt is slightly off and the bad paint makes it worse. So far, liking this line but face sculpts have been a tad off.

Back