Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a picture of the entire PF collection to date? I just got Jean and Emma but I'm missing Colossus, Wolverine, & Storm for my collection.

Something like this? (not up to date) and pictures taken before I got Colossus.

SDC11383.jpgSDC11384.jpgSDC11385.jpgSDC11386.jpgSDC11387.jpg

Something about her face makes it look like shes in her 40's which isn't bad in itself but I don't think that that was what they were going for.

You really need a Polaris in that upper right shelf :)

Agreed. You don't know how bad I want a Polaris. I had hope when XM was planning a Pietro.

Awesome !!

Thanks. I know you have an awesome X setup too.

Wow, love the Xmen there

Thank You. This collection has been carefully selected. Each piece for its own merits as well as for how it fits in with the rest. Youll notice that I sold off any PF that had a cloth outfit (Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus) and I have also tried hard to avoid sauser bases. I hate them. I'm looking forward to the custom Pathfinder base for Scott and Jean soon. I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced Magik that I can use with Colossus. I'm also waiting for a redone X23.

I just received my Jean Grey last week and It looked flawless out of the box. I did however now notice a few issues tath could be considered minor. I cnotacted SS and I am waitinf for a reply.

The issues are:

The Reg Head has a white spot and black spot on the end of the hair. It is very visible when on display. (very small though)

The EX Head has a hole in the bottom of the hair. Also The head does not sit 100% flush with the body. The right side is 100% flush but he Left side has a gap. (the hole is not noticeable when on display)

The left leg does not touch the base and is floating. It is very minor compared to others that have posted the same issue.

The right leg shows a bit of the mounting base if looks at straight on. I am not sure if it is supposed to look like that at all.

The body is perfect.

I have attached some photos for reference.

EX Head.jpg

Reg Head.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

What do you guys think I should do?

This is my first order directly from Sideshow so this is new to me. I normally buy from a LCS.

I just received my Jean Grey last week and It looked flawless out of the box. I did however now notice a few issues tath could be considered minor. I cnotacted SS and I am waitinf for a reply.

The issues are:

The Reg Head has a white spot and black spot on the end of the hair. It is very visible when on display. (very small though)

The EX Head has a hole in the bottom of the hair. Also The head does not sit 100% flush with the body. The right side is 100% flush but he Left side has a gap. (the hole is not noticeable when on display)

The left leg does not touch the base and is floating. It is very minor compared to others that have posted the same issue.

The right leg shows a bit of the mounting base if looks at straight on. I am not sure if it is supposed to look like that at all.

The body is perfect.

View attachment 202993

View attachment 202992

View attachment 202994

View attachment 202995

This is my first order directly from Sideshow so this is new to me. I normally buy from a LCS.

What you should do? You should ask for a full refund including the shipping, cause that's way too many issues to just accept as is. The painter that day was having a bad day and took it out on cute Jean.

The issues are:

The body is perfect.

View attachment 202993

View attachment 202992

View attachment 202994

View attachment 202995

contact Sideshow, the foot issue is a major defect the peg looks like it might be warped, I suggest using a compressed can of air to clean out any debris that might be in the sockets -- if that doesn't work send the pics over to Sideshow and see what they can do for you.

The issues are:

The body is perfect.

View attachment 202993

I have already sent the photos to SS and I am waiting for there reply.

I hope my Emma that should be arriving this week does not have issues.

Just opened my regular version.
She is sure bright, which I love.
AND the regular portrait is very beautiful.
Probably one of the most simple but beautiful portraits we've seen for a while.
Great coloring on her features; lips etc.

Depending on angle the pose is ok. Some angles are odd. Some work.

My only issue is that neck gap. It is bad. Why is her neck chopped in front?

Last edited:
Just opened my regular version.
She is sure bright, which I love.
AND the regular portrait is very beautiful.
Probably one of the most simple but beautiful portraits we've seen for a while.
Great coloring on her features; lips etc.

Depending on angle the pose is ok. Some angles are odd. Some work.

My only issue is that neck gap. It is bad. Why is her neck chopped in front?
I look forwarding to hearing if your EX has the same issue. Getting super excited to get mine!

I look forwarding to hearing if your EX has the same issue. Getting super excited to get mine!
I don't think it is an isolated issue. I think they are all like that. They designer her neck poorly. I am hoping the ex head fits better.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Back