Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CSI

kettle meet pot

Hows that for a short answer? :pfft:

Here's a picture to share my thoughts on "overpaying" for a statue since a middle finger wouldn't be appropriate for the thread. Your not in my league boss so keep you monetary assumptions to yourself :wink1:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hahahaha, how can you put a price on art? People who buys painting, watches, cameras, cars as well... You like, you got the cash, go buy. Simple as that :wink1: Nice ride by the way Tavegg :wink1:

Artists put the price in art. But these aren't originals. These are mass produced replicas of the original sculpt, much like a print is mass produced replica of a painting. Its still art, but lets not play around like what we buy is like David or Pai
Hahahaha, how can you put a price on art? People who buys painting, watches, cameras, cars as well... You like, you got the cash, go buy. Simple as that :wink1: Nice ride by the way Tavegg :wink1:

Thanks brother:hi5:

Artists put the price in art. But these aren't originals. These are mass produced replicas of the original sculpt, much like a print is mass produced replica of a painting. Its still art, but lets not play around like what we buy is like David or Pai

Art is in the eye of the beholder no? I always went by the standard that something is worth what another is willing to pay for it. Seems accurate to me

Austin Martin!!!! :horror How could I afford my over priced statues if I was rolling in one of those Savage? :lol

By selling 5 minutes rides... "$100 for 5 minute drive with James Bond and his Austin Martin."

Bam, 2 hours = 2 statues!

Notice we discussed everything, but the actual Jean Grey. :lol
So what you boys having for lunch? :rotfl

Art is in the eye of the beholder no? I always went by the standard that something is worth what another is willing to pay for it. Seems accurate to me

:goodpost: My wife just nods and shakes her head if she realize the price of these statues. But I do the same when she shows me how much diamonds cost. :lol

I think thats true of original pieces. I think its less true of reprints and replicas. I think if you're buying an oruginal you're buying some thing created with two hands, its got everything the artist put into the piece, it was after all crafted by them. I think once you get into buying casted replicas, made in a factory, produced by machines, run on an assembly line, well now you can price that much differently.

By selling 5 minutes rides... "$100 for 5 minute drive with James Bond and his Austin Martin."

Bam, 2 hours = 2 statues!

I wish I were that cool buddy but I invented the bond part unfortunately. James is legit though :wink1:

Notice we discussed everything, but the actual Jean Grey. :lol
So what you boys having for lunch? :rotfl

LMAO well ASDF as a matter of fact I'm cooking up some Jenos pizza rolls right now!!! Lil late night snack

:goodpost: My wife just nods and shakes her head if she realize the price of these statues. But I do the same when she shows me how much diamonds cost. :lol

That's where you've got to be proactive rather then reactive!! Forget the diamonds! !! Right before you know a delivery is about to show up buy her a dozen roses and surprise her before the delivery!!! $15 bucks will.never feel so good to spend again! Until the next shipment of course :lol

I think thats true of original pieces. I think its less true of reprints and replicas. I think if you're buying an oruginal you're buying some thing created with two hands, its got everything the artist put into the piece, it was after all crafted by them. I think once you get into buying casted replicas, made in a factory, produced by machines, run on an assembly line, well now you can price that much differently.

I dunno buddy.... There's a lot of people out there willing to drop big bucks on the mass produced Spidey CQ, Green Hulk PF, Doom PF. Couple examples of course but how much were those when they first came out? Like $300 I think? That's a pretty high increase in such a short time

LMAO well ASDF as a matter of fact I'm cooking up some Jenos pizza rolls right now!!! Lil late night snack

That's where you've got to be proactive rather then reactive!! Forget the diamonds! !! Right before you know a delivery is about to show up buy her a dozen roses and surprise her before the delivery!!! $15 bucks will.never feel so good to spend again! Until the next shipment of course :lol

You guys definitely making me visualize food, time to get some meal :lol. I shall start growing roses in my backyard, saves me $15 each time a statue is coming :lol

Back