Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for proving my point man LOL

The reason there are many collectors interested in XM is because the ES is low (500ES has been the smallest btw) Stating that only a certain amount have made it to the states is irrelevant buddy. SS' s main source of revenue and orders are not from the U.S., they are from the international collectors.SS sells more product internationally then they do right here in the states. 800 Magneto's sold out worldwide in hours. You think that goes unnoticed? :lol. He's twice the price of a SS PF and four times the shipping cost bro! Come on man. Are they afraid of going out of business? Of course not dude. SS is still the king of the collectibles castle. However your points on other companies mentioned are kind of silly man. PCS for example has never done 1/4 scale marvel and on top of it most of the companies you mentioned SS has carried and sold reaping a portion of the profits!! XM is the first real competitor SS has ever had for their marvel line bro. This is the first time any of us have ever seen it. As for future releases and sells outs for XM... well we're a couple weeks away. Let's see what happens

Any chance you want to back any of your statements about Sideshow with actual evidence?

All im gonna say is there is no right or wrong answer. I used to get what I liked from ss because I didnt have a choice. Now I have a choice and can spend my money on what I love. I have already cancelled about 4k in orders with ss and delayed ordering items like emma and the sentinel because I love what xm is doing. One factor not even mentioned is the feedback. For years I have despised certain ss poses on the male statues and wondered where they got that from. Now im working on a sketch for blackbolt and checking daily for new wip pics. XM is getting the fans involved and that is what's gonna make them real popular over time.

I used to collect Bowen and he also allowed the fans to give "feedback", and honestly all it ever amounted to was a bunch of fanboys whining and complaining because the statue wasn't exactly the way they wanted it to be.

Honestly I don't like XM statues. I think they are way overpriced and they seem to have real trouble with their face sculpts. That being said, I don't constantly troll the XM threads looking to bash them or try to elevate one company over the other. I think the people are trying to justify their purchases, otherwise what is really the point to continuously go I to SS stairs threads only to say how much you like XM more. I also think think that some people think that if they keep saying XM is giving SS competition that SS will get worried or something and make changes that better suit their desires. I think in both cases they are only fooling themselves. Either way, XM has perfectly good threads the discuss how wonderful and better than SS they are. There really isn't a reason to ruin SS threads with the same drivel.

Any chance you want to back any of your statements about Sideshow with actual evidence?

I used to collect Bowen and he also allowed the fans to give "feedback", and honestly all it ever amounted to was a bunch of fanboys whining and complaining because the statue wasn't exactly the way they wanted it to be.

Honestly I don't like XM statues. I think they are way overpriced and they seem to have real trouble with their face sculpts. That being said, I don't constantly troll the XM threads looking to bash them or try to elevate one company over the other. I think the people are trying to justify their purchases, otherwise what is really the point to continuously go I to SS stairs threads only to say how much you like XM more. I also think think that some people think that if they keep saying XM is giving SS competition that SS will get worried or something and make changes that better suit their desires. I think in both cases they are only fooling themselves. Either way, XM has perfectly good threads the discuss how wonderful and better than SS they are. There really isn't a reason to ruin SS threads with the same drivel.

Please check out this thead and tell me how much I hate SS buddy!!!! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?129610-Tavegg-s-Collection-Stash

Its not an XM is better then SS kind of thing for everyone. More along the lines of its nice to have options and XMs main focus has been their quality which SS is defintely lacking in as of late. It's the only comparison collectors have for 1/4 scale marvel pieces. Of course people are going to compare the two companies. Who else would we compare? SS has defintely suffered in the QC department on a couple of releases as of late and in the past. XM hasn't had that problem yet. I'm sure they will eventually. Just hasnt happened yet. Unless you have physically have seen one of XMs statues in person maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge what's worth what.

Lastly this thread would be kind of hard to ruin. It's gotten the most action I've seen in months in the last 24 hours!!!!:lol

Seriously. I hate that everyone thinks it's a SSC vs XM thing...

We can compare without it becoming a pissing contest. Tavegg is right. I mean look at all his sideshow statues, yet people still try to slam him for being a fan boy? It's a joke. Some people have been collecting sideshow for years, and some are new. To me, these poses are still new and exciting. To people that have been collecting for years, the poses might be getting boring or overplayed.

Just buy what you can afford, or what you like best. As simple as that.

We can compare without it becoming a pissing contest. Tavegg is right. I mean look at all his sideshow statues, yet people still try to slam him for being a fan boy? It's a joke. Some people have been collecting sideshow for years, and some are new. To me, these poses are still new and exciting. To people that have been collecting for years, the poses might be getting boring or overplayed.

You will have to show me where I said he, or anyone else was a fan boy. What I did say is its getting old, and perhaps a bit childish, to constantly turn every Sideshow statue thread into a how much I like XM better thread.

Haha, well I am still on board for tons of SS pieces so there is certainly no hate....buuuut, I do like what I see from XM so far. I love having more options...course that's more PO's...must sell kidney...

You will have to show me where I said he, or anyone else was a fan boy. What I did say is its getting old, and perhaps a bit childish, to constantly turn every Sideshow statue thread into a how much I like XM better thread.

Didn't mean you personally said it. But it is obvious on the forums when people get into it over this issue, that this is what they mean.

well I meant exactly what I said, not what you decided to infer from it.

I literally just said I didn't mean you. And to quote you "you will have to show me where I said you?"

You weren't mentioned in my last comment.

I literally just said I didn't mean you. And to quote you "you will have to show me where I said you?"

You weren't mentioned in my last comment.

But it is obvious on the forums when people get into it over this issue, that this is what they mean.

Last time I checked I am "people" and I did bring up the "issue". Even if you weren't lumping me in with "people", my statement was merely clarifying my statement for anyone who was trying to read between the lines or turn it into something it wasn't.

I really want to like this Jean Grey... but it just isn't working for me. I will stick with my Black Queen Comi. Maybe a Phoenix is in the works!

I really want to like this Jean Grey... but it just isn't working for me. I will stick with my Black Queen Comi. Maybe a Phoenix is in the works!
Well IGO has a survey up in SF asking whether you'd want a regular orndark phoenix "if" they were to make one

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

:goodpost:
Appreciate it Savage

But your insinuating that collectors like me only post about XM because we have a superiority complex about our purchases and have to justify them by thrashing SS and that's not the case. There's plenty of people that don't buy XM products and still express their dissatisfaction with the quality and issues arising from some of SSs products. Those people aren't mentioned but if your one of the members that uses XM as a valid comparison were labeled as "thread runiers" of "trolls". That's just a narrow minded approach and thought process. Your grouping people together and speaking in generalities. Like Savage pointed out we should be able to compare these products and discuss without being labeled. I'm an XM fanboy, bowen fanboy, SS fanboy, PCS fanboy, ARH fanboy, and customs fanboy. I own product from every single one of those companies. I can't compare the different statues and quality for each because it offends or annoys you and others? That's silly. It annoys me that unless I'm praising anything but SS I get called out by you or some other disgruntled member for it. It's an open forum and we can talk about anything we want within reason

:goodpost:
Appreciate it Savage

But your insinuating that collectors like me only post about XM because we have a superiority complex about our purchases and have to justify them by thrashing SS and that's not the case. There's plenty of people that don't buy XM products and still express their dissatisfaction with the quality and issues arising from some of SSs products. Those people aren't mentioned but if your one of the members that uses XM as a valid comparison were labeled as "thread runiers" of "trolls". That's just a narrow minded approach and thought process. Your grouping people together and speaking in generalities. Like Savage pointed out we should be able to compare these products and discuss without being labeled. I'm an XM fanboy, bowen fanboy, SS fanboy, PCS fanboy, ARH fanboy, and customs fanboy. I own product from every single one of those companies. I can't compare the different statues and quality for each because it offends or annoys you and others? That's silly. It annoys me that unless I'm praising anything but SS I get called out by you or some other disgruntled member for it. It's an open forum and we can talk about anything we want within reason

Actually I was insinuating that collectors such as your self have inferiority complexes and have to rationalize and continuously justify the high dollar amounts you over pay for XM statues. :wink1:

Honestly what is silly, is you, and others like you, seem incapable of making your comparisons, or critiques of the two companies, and leaving it at that. What annoys me is your inability to make a comment and leave it at that. You seem to have the overwhelming need to derail every thread into a Sideshow Vs. XM thread, and it spirals on and on. Someone will eventually get it back on topic of discussing the actual statue, only to have someone like you derail it again. You just can't let it go. Personally I have zero problem with anyone criticizing (or not Praising) Sideshow. I criticized this particular piece myself. The difference is, I can do that without having to also add that XM would have done it better. To my knowledge XM has not made a Jean Grey statue, and thus any comparison between them and Sideshow would be based on someone's fantasy anyways.

Common sense would say that if you wish to discuss XM's products you would most likely do it in their individual threads and not threads dedicated to other statues. It would also suggest that if you wanted to make direct comparisons between the two companies you would probably be better off creating a thread for that purpose, rather then continually derailing every Sideshow Marvel thread, with the same stupid drivel over and over again. And to be clear, I'm not saying this because I am strictly a SS fanboy, I believe the same holds true for any XM thread as well. There is no reason for people to continually go there to talk about how much better SS is, and repeat the same argument over and over again.

One last thing your wrong about, this is not an open forum. If it were open, it would not need to be moderated. Go ahead and try to start a conversation about religion or politics, I dare you :wave

Back