Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

I paid AmokTime for two 12" Bubs via PayPal. They never responded to emails, a PayPal invoice forwarded for the amount owed (because the refund clause had expired) and even ignored PMs I sent here. That's what, $160 gone, since I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see Bub from them. :wave

I'm the first to call bull**** when I see it. I just don't see that as being the case here.

Hey nam, you ever try calling them? They have there number listed on the top of there website. I shop there on occassion as they are a local NY shop about 20 minutes from where I live. Not sure how long its been since your bub issue but if its 160 bucks I would give it a try.

As for the delay with nate it is kinda a bummer, I payed for him on day one and was hoping to have him by the time season 3 of TWD started:( I understand its out of dooleys hands at this point so I will eagerly await his arrival, theres just not any 1:6 zombies coming out these days:pfft:

Hey nam, you ever try calling them? They have there number listed on the top of there website. I shop there on occassion as they are a local NY shop about 20 minutes from where I live. Not sure how long its been since your bub issue but if its 160 bucks I would give it a try.

As for the delay with nate it is kinda a bummer, I payed for him on day one and was hoping to have him by the time season 3 of TWD started:( I understand its out of dooleys hands at this point so I will eagerly await his arrival, theres just not any 1:6 zombies coming out these days:pfft:

I was told that preorders were handled through email. I'm just chalking it up as a loss. Hell, they still have Bub listed as a preorder but instead of the initial $80, he's now $250. They know he's not coming but quadrupled the price? So, well, yeah. **** that company. :monkey1 :lol

Strangely the Blacula figure does seem to be getting released... I figured if any figure had the popularity to get made it would have been Bub one of the most iconic Zombies of all time :huh

Not that I'm sad to see a Blacula, but I figured he'd be less popular :huh

I received a reply yesterday afternoon from SHS "customer service" for the e-mail inquiry I sent on 9/22/2012.

--

Our apologies for the late reply. The email has been down as we're setting up a new system. Of course you can get a refund for your order. A conformation email will be sent out to you as soon as the bank credits your card. Just let us know what you'd like to do. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely~

SHS Customer Service

Shrunken Head Studios, LLC
P.O. Box 11628
Burbank, Ca 91510

--

BEFORE I received their reply, I called SHS telephone number & left a message. The number is apparently for Sideshow Dooley.

SHS "customer service" did reply by e-mail though no mention of the time frame of how long it'll take for a refund.

I really want to feel confident & good about this, but seriously . . . prepaying for an item that is now delayed for a little over a year? I don't experience this with another company I purchase items from because simply I pay up front when it's in stock/on hand.

I don't want to be an @$$hole and definitely I'm not hurting for $, but given the circumstances . . . I'm really on the fence of whether to simply let it be and wait or request a refund and wonder how long it'll take to receive it and then consider ordering the figure when it's actually in stock sometime next year pending no further unforeseen circumstances @ SHS.

I don't know about the rest of you . . . is anyone seriously fine with accepting a possibility of losing $200.00 and chalk it up as experience and moving on considering this is a not a private commission situation (i.e. the Chris Howe fiasco)?

I've been privately told by a fellow member not to worry and have faith, but still . . .

I guess the lesson learned is not to necessarily immediately pre-order even if the possibility exists that a limited or regular edition version may sell out . . . unless it's from Sideshow for which there are definitive recourse available.

I think you're whining and worrying over nothing. :huh I'm not worried the least bit about "losing" anything and will gladly rub it in your face come Spring when Nathan arrives and winds up being worth well more than what I paid. :pfft:

--

Fair enough.

I don't think your whining. I think paying up front like that does make you a bit more nervous about the situation since it is a bit uncommon to have to do that. I just honestly dont know if I will still be interested in a Nate figure next year. I'm already starting to be way more selective in what I buy.

I don't think your whining. I think paying up front like that does make you a bit more nervous about the situation since it is a bit uncommon to have to do that. I just honestly dont know if I will still be interested in a Nate figure next year. I'm already starting to be way more selective in what I buy.

p300422-Gruene_TX-Fickle_Pickles.jpg

Paying up front for the first figure doesnt bother me, even with the delay. But I want to have Nate in my claws before pre-orders (and pre-pays) for Fluffy occur. I dont wanna have 2 or 3 figures paid for in advance.

With all the turmoil in the world today, who knows what delays could occur with any business from one day to the next?:peace

Paying up front for the first figure doesnt bother me, even with the delay. But I want to have Nate in my claws before pre-orders (and pre-pays) for Fluffy occur. I dont wanna have 2 or 3 figures paid for in advance.

With all the turmoil in the world today, who knows what delays could occur with any business from one day to the next?:peace

:exactly::goodpost: and... WELCOME BACK! :yess:

Hey Everyone-

Looks like I missed quite a bit on here. I feel really bad about this situation. But it is just a temporary set back. That's all it is! SHS is going to come out with not only these figures but lots of products. We're still a tiny company in this industry. And trying to grow and expand. It takes time and there's lot's to struggle with. But it is moving forward... even if it seems slow.

I'm one guy doing the job a staff of 15 would do. Plus working my day job doing special effects and stop motion projects. Because of that things fall behind. And I try to pick the ball up as quickly as I can. All I can ask is for everyone to sit tight and be patient. I promise I'd get you these figures and more... and I will!

I also understand anyone who wanted to get a refund. A lot of collectors have been burned in the past and news such as this is a HUGE disappointment. It is to me as well! My goal is to break that streak but unfortunately I couldn't do it with this first figure. But I will! Anyone expecting a refund will get it. Just give me sometime to handle everything and all your credit cards will be reimbursed. An email will be sent to you the moment it goes through. I would expect it to be handled by the end of next week.

Any other questions or concerns you know where I'm at and how to reach me. Thanks again for your comments! Good or bad it helps me get this company on a better path!

SHS Dooley

Thanks Dooley; I don't want a refund, but I appreciate the option is there for those that do.

I think I speak for most when I saw I'd rather wait a few months and get a great figure rather than having it rushed to meet a due date (Halloween?) and having the quality suck because of it.

I paid AmokTime for two 12" Bubs via PayPal. They never responded to emails, a PayPal invoice forwarded for the amount owed (because the refund clause had expired) and even ignored PMs I sent here. That's what, $160 gone, since I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see Bub from them. :wave

I'm the first to call bull**** when I see it. I just don't see that as being the case here.

I paid for some preoder items from amok time using paypal as well. about a year later i found out the figures were cancelled. Tried emailing them and never got a response. I finally called them and got ahold of a service rep. I had to send them the paypal confirmation order because they did not even have a record of me as a customer it had been so long. They refunded my entire order.

If you call I recommend doing so after 10:00 am eastern time, thats when the service rep guys are around, and have your paypal order information on hand.

I think I speak for most when I saw I'd rather wait a few months and get a great figure rather than having it rushed to meet a due date (Halloween?) and having the quality suck because of it.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: A concept lost on today's impatient youth. :lol

I paid for some preoder items from amok time using paypal as well. about a year later i found out the figures were cancelled. Tried emailing them and never got a response. I finally called them and got ahold of a service rep. I had to send them the paypal confirmation order because they did not even have a record of me as a customer it had been so long. They refunded my entire order.

If you call I recommend doing so after 10:00 am eastern time, thats when the service rep guys are around, and have your paypal order information on hand.

Been there, tried that, and was told I had to send the info by email, which I'd already tried several times previously. Not worth the time to deal with runaround BS again and again. Lesson learned. Won't be doing business with Amok ever again. :wave

That said, unlike others, I'm certainly not going to project that experience onto SHS who has absolutely nothing to do with Amok. I'll never understand that behavior. :lol

That is sadly very true. Short attention spands and no patience. Everyone wants everything now, for less than cost, and then want it to be worth 10 times its original amount in a few months so they can flip it :slap

Back