Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

This kind of delay is to be expected with a new company. Big Chief had the same problem getting their first figure out this year. No biggie. All part of the hobby. :duff

No offense, but I'd prefer more movie accurate.

Agreed. Maybe if he sells well he can consider doing an albino run, but as our first, best shot at this figure (after more than 30 years!), let's get the one in the film.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

I'm truly sorry guys! I feel just terrible about this!!!! This is one of those things that's out of my hands. Especially when you're dealing with overseas. But like I said they ARE coming out to you... just a little later than I had hoped. This is SHS's first ever produced figure and as much as I tried to avoid some delays we still had some. I'll always be upfront with you all and keep you in the loop. No sense in steering everyone the wrong way. If things change and I can get them out sooner you'll be the first to know.

Thanks~

SHS Dooley

Meh, quality product > rushed product. I could honestly care less how long the delay is if it means we'll be getting a product that looks like the prototype. :lecture

Disappointing, but delays happen, even well established companies like Sideshow and HT have them all the time.

Just hope it doesn't scare off customers new to the hobby. What with paying upfront, it could rub some folks the wrong way. Not like a typical pre order where you can cancel with no money lost, or at the least a small cancellation fee.

Hope all can get sorted out before the next release.

Best of luck Dooley!

I won't be buying until I see what the figure looks like from the factory in spring. Paying up front for anything is a bad idea. Hope it all ends wells for everyone.

Works for me, my birthday is in April so I can slide it by the wife as a birthday present for myself.😝

Disappointing, but delays happen, even well established companies like Sideshow and HT have them all the time.

Just hope it doesn't scare off customers new to the hobby. What with paying upfront, it could rub some folks the wrong way. Not like a typical pre order where you can cancel with no money lost, or at the least a small cancellation fee.

Hope all can get sorted out before the next release.

Best of luck Dooley!

I think that's the only mild issue I have with a delay... I'm fine with them and generally expect them, but paying up front is not really typical and you have a bit higher of an expectation of a timely delivery.

I don't know now necessary pre-payment in full is for SHS, but it might be something to revisit.

I think that's the only mild issue I have with a delay... I'm fine with them and generally expect them, but paying up front is not really typical and you have a bit higher of an expectation of a timely delivery.

I don't know now necessary pre-payment in full is for SHS, but it might be something to revisit.

Think about it though. If Dooley over-orders he's sitting on product and in the red. If he underorders, he gets hated by a bunch of self-entitlement bastards who think nothing and nobody has the right to limit anything. In a world full of flakes where douches preorder and then cancel when it comes time to pay, I don't see how a fledgling business is supposed to do it any other way. :huh

And before anybody says, "If the product's good, that won't be an issue!" have a gander at Sideshow's website. LOTS of good product rotting because of fickle collectors don't understand the term commitment, always want the next best thing and don't know how to budget their money. We see it almost daily here. :lol

Think about it though. If Dooley over-orders he's sitting on product and in the red. If he underorders, he gets hated by a bunch of self-entitlement bastards who think nothing and nobody has the right to limit anything. In a world full of flakes where douches preorder and then cancel when it comes time to pay, I don't see how a fledgling business is supposed to do it any other way. :huh

And before anybody says, "If the product's good, that won't be an issue!" have a gander at Sideshow's website. LOTS of good product rotting because of fickle collectors don't understand the term commitment, always want the next best thing and don't know how to budget their money. We see it almost daily here. :lol

Not gonna lie I fear he may have done just that. Total edition should have been 1000 tops on this. Regardless of price and quality, I don't believe the demand is ever going to be that high for this particular figure. Frankly I am surprised Fluffy has even been announced at this point considering how many Nate's are left. (1,149 according to website).

I wish this company the best but I would be lying if I didn't say I am a bit worried by how much product is still available. We aren't talking about SS or HT, two companies who are more capable of absorbing a loss.

We'll see how it goes.
Anxious_or_Nervous_emoticon

I really want the figure, but given the recent news/update of the delay . . . I'm going to check with my credit card company about "what if".

Credit card companies allow only so much time for a dispute.

It's not really the wait itself I'm bummed about. It's just I PRE paid in good faith months ago, for something slotted for October. Now it's May of next year? It seems they had adequate time to work the production **** out. I have no idea how these things work though. Not a very good business move and will absolutely scare people away. If you're not %100 with your factory, why have a pre-sale?

I don't think the pre sale amount on the website is the actual run size. I think that is what Dooley would have liked to get, but the license just isn't strong enough. If that's how many are in the run, sad to say, he most likely bit off a lot more than he can chew as you all have stated.

I know SHS will rise from the depths of production set backs, and deliver us some solid product, but the delay doesn't sit right with me. I really hope things work out for the best because I want some more horror figures! Their zombie line will come in and save the day, making us all put CS on the back burner for a bit.

It's not really the wait itself I'm bummed about. It's just I PRE paid in good faith months ago, for something slotted for October. Now it's May of next year? It seems they had adequate time to work the production **** out. I have no idea how these things work though. Not a very good business move and will absolutely scare people away. If you're not %100 with your factory, why have a pre-sale?

I don't think the pre sale amount on the website is the actual run size. I think that is what Dooley would have liked to get, but the license just isn't strong enough. If that's how many are in the run, sad to say, he most likely bit off a lot more than he can chew as you all have stated.

I know SHS will rise from the depths of production set backs, and deliver us some solid product, but the delay doesn't sit right with me. I really hope things work out for the best because I want some more horror figures! Their zombie line will come in and save the day, making us all put CS on the back burner for a bit.

I would be upset to if I had pre-paid, but I felt with this being a new company I decided to wait it out and see how things go. Ill GLADLY get this once its released though. If it turns out as great as the Bits and Pieces set. I have faith though.

One thing we are always in agreement is the pre order thing, Nam. Burns me up something aweful when I hear these pr1cks PO everything under the sun knowing damn well they can't afford it all then cancel when time comes pay. Then these same douches complain about NRD's. I swear they PO everything just to put it in their list below their sig. Makes 'em feel special.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

One thing we are always in agreement is the pre order thing, Nam. Burns me up something aweful when I hear these pr1cks PO everything under the sun knowing damn well they can't afford it all then cancel when time comes pay. Then these same douches complain about NRD's. I swear they PO everything just to put it in their list below their sig. Makes 'em feel special.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:lecture:exactly:

:lol

Back