Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Pardon me while I go on a border line political rant. . .

With all the overseas manufacturers making bootlegs that are met with 'oohs' and 'ahhhs', to see a small US-based business do something 'the right way' only to be met with his customer base threatening to pull their money from the project after a set back is announced. . .

It's just one of those things that makes me want to shake each and every one of you.

With all the overseas manufacturers making bootlegs that are met with 'oohs' and 'ahhhs', to see a small US-based business do something 'the right way' only to be met with his customer base threatening to pull their money from the project after a set back is announced. . .

It's just one of those things that makes me want to shake each and every one of you.
If you don't mind me asking what do you mean "doing something the right way"? Its a innocent question, nothing behind it in anyway.

I'm sure the whole process is difficult no matter if you are Dooley or SSC. China is a pain in the ass and it's only getting worse.

These days there's really no reason to pre order anything unless it's a very low edition size and I mean low. Nothing is really rare anymore or made rare by people (scalpers) because frankly everyday there's less and less people buying items like these (At least that's what I think). I have noticed that most of the GG regulars at Rebel Scum are pretty much gone. Its sad. The days of 1000 edition size selling out in 5 minutes is long gone. In a few case some of GG's items didn't even sell out with a edition size of 200.

As far as canceling a pre order I think its the sign of the times. I have a focus so I don't really use it as a tool. Not saying I haven't done it, because I have. Mostly to get a better deal but I still do buy the items.

With that said I wouldn't cancel this item from Dooley I'm sure it will all work out for you all. This item is a wait and see for me and it's the reason I did not order.

Think about it though. If Dooley over-orders he's sitting on product and in the red. If he underorders, he gets hated by a bunch of self-entitlement bastards who think nothing and nobody has the right to limit anything. In a world full of flakes where douches preorder and then cancel when it comes time to pay, I don't see how a fledgling business is supposed to do it any other way. :huh

And before anybody says, "If the product's good, that won't be an issue!" have a gander at Sideshow's website. LOTS of good product rotting because of fickle collectors don't understand the term commitment, always want the next best thing and don't know how to budget their money. We see it almost daily here. :lol

No, I do understand why it would be done this way as opposed to no prepayment or a % deposit. But, if there us some monumental production issue it potentially leaves customers in trouble. And as I said before I don't mind that I prepaid as I trust in SHS... But I hope any issues that lead to the delay on this one (waiting 1 1/2 times the estimate) are addressed.

Will SHS come through? Most definitely, but paying upfront doesn't sit well with me. I did that with Blacula. What's that at---five years?
As far as why SS has all this stock, it's not necessarily due to over-preordering. It's got a lot to do with a market that really never existed.

I didn't PO either hoping the EX wouldn't run out. Now it looks like I don't have to worry about that. I'll wait until these are in stock. I wouldn't mind having a Father's Day Nate figure! :)

If you don't mind me asking what do you mean "doing something the right way"? Its a innocent question, nothing behind it in anyway.

I mean doing something with the licensed approach. Officially. Instead of calling it "Zombie Killer" or "Black Warrior" or in this case "Daddy Zombie".

Paying the creators for what they created.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Like a baby at an Idaho daycare facility. :exactly:

--

There is a difference.

The SHS pre-orders were paid/processed up front unlike pre-orders with Sideshow with the exception of NRDs with Sideshow that can be cancelled. I feel many is simply too accustomed and have gotten spoiled by it or taken advanatage of Sidehshow's policies for better or worse.

I asked a very seasoned & tenured member of the forum for his perspective privately and received a reply. Given the reply, I'm inclined to "wait & see" and not necessarily cancel my pre-order & request a refund. With that said . . . I did e-mail SHS to inquire IF a refund can be processed IF I so request it. I've yet to receive a reply so I'll wait & see as well.

I truly want SHS to succeed and I've seen this with another company first hand some years back in terms of production & quality struggles. I supported that company and stuck with them because frankly I enjoy their products period so I should offer the same benefit of a doubt and face value to SHS as well, but given the circumstances thus so far . . . I do admit I'm concerned and rightfully so. I can't speak for the rest of you, but I'm taking a cautious approach to this.

--

There is a difference.

The SHS pre-orders were paid/processed up front unlike pre-orders with Sideshow with the exception of NRDs with Sideshow that can be cancelled. I feel many is simply too accustomed and have gotten spoiled by it or taken advanatage of Sidehshow's policies for better or worse.

I asked a very seasoned & tenured member of the forum for his perspective privately and received a reply. Given the reply, I'm inclined to "wait & see" and not necessarily cancel my pre-order & request a refund. With that said . . . I did e-mail SHS to inquire IF a refund can be processed IF I so request it. I've yet to receive a reply so I'll wait & see as well.

I truly want SHS to succeed and I've seen this with another company first hand some years back in terms of production & quality struggles. I supported that company and stuck with them because frankly I enjoy their products period so I should offer the same benefit of a doubt and face value to SHS as well, but given the circumstances thus so far . . . I do admit I'm concerned and rightfully so. I can't speak for the rest of you, but I'm taking a cautious approach to this.

Unneeded stress. It'd be entirely different if we were talking about $600 custom figures from a shady bastard who treats his fans like ****. But we're talking about a brand new company hoping to put their best foot forward with their first release, whose owner is being continually up front and honest about things. If we see a giant sob story about him being unemployed and out of money, kids being too sick for any work to be done, not getting a student loan check, or having a dying father (who's already died a few times) needing help, etc., then it's more warranted. As it stands now, it's just a delay, like every other company is experiencing ATM.

True Nam, companies can be different than individuals... but there have been companies that failed to deliver on products as well. Again, I trust in SHS and in Dooley; but to pretend or suggest people should feel just like you do is not really fair.

A full deposit was given based on a product and time of delivery, now one has not been met by a wide margin (roughly 18 months versus 12). Customers will feel how they want and with $100 invested I think it's a bit more justified than if this was a situation like Amok Time were the products will probably never get made but at least no one paid (I think payment was generally not required) for them up front.

True Nam, companies can be different than individuals... but there have been companies that failed to deliver on products as well. Again, I trust in SHS and in Dooley; but to pretend or suggest people should feel just like you do is not really fair.

A full deposit was given based on a product and time of delivery, now one has not been met by a wide margin (roughly 18 months versus 12). Customers will feel how they want and with $100 invested I think it's a bit more justified than if this was a situation like Amok Time were the products will probably never get made but at least no one paid (I think payment was generally not required) for them up front.

I paid AmokTime for two 12" Bubs via PayPal. They never responded to emails, a PayPal invoice forwarded for the amount owed (because the refund clause had expired) and even ignored PMs I sent here. That's what, $160 gone, since I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see Bub from them. :wave

I'm the first to call bull**** when I see it. I just don't see that as being the case here.

1. I just met with an interviewed... David?... from SHS at HorrorRealm this weekend. Good guy, didn't ask about the delay though since I wasn't aware at the time. It'll be available from the Dark Discussions podcast by the end of October.

2. I get people being nervous about paying up front. That's likely why many of the figures sit unsold. But established companies often have delays as long or longer. I don't get the sense that Dooley is being evasive. If you want to see SHS succeed, I don't think it too much to ask you to show as much patience here as you would with Hot Toys or Sideshow.

The reason small companies ( and customizers, for that matter) take payments up front for pre-orders, is because they need the money to pay for the production. If everybody wanted a refund at the first sign of trouble, then the company or customizer has to give everybody their money back and then there is no money to make the figure.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

The reason small companies ( and customizers, for that matter) take payments up front for pre-orders, is because they need the money to pay for the production. If everybody wanted a refund at the first sign of trouble, then the company or customizer has to give everybody their money back and then there is no money to make the figure.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.

You're assuming too many of these people understand business though. :nono

I know you've seen the advice that these people have given companies like HotToys and Sideshow in the whiner threads. :lol

When a company like SHS is just getting it's legs I swear that loyalty will pay off in spades.

I paid AmokTime for two 12" Bubs via PayPal. They never responded to emails, a PayPal invoice forwarded for the amount owed (because the refund clause had expired) and even ignored PMs I sent here. That's what, $160 gone, since I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see Bub from them. :wave

I'm the first to call bull**** when I see it. I just don't see that as being the case here.

Doh! Guess they were not the best example :lol. Sucks about the Bub figure, that was one I really wanted.

You're assuming too many of these people understand business though. :nono

I know you've seen the advice that these people have given companies like HotToys and Sideshow in the whiner threads. :lol

Are you kidding me??

Slipknot 1/6 figures are a great idea. That would be like printing money!! I would certainly buy all 9 members in multiple outfits

Are you kidding me??

Slipknot 1/6 figures are a great idea. That would be like printing money!! I would certainly buy all 9 members in multiple outfits (and then cancel the preorder of the first figure - passing on the rest - for Rainman's Tiny Tim)

:lol :exactly:

Slipknot is empty musical calories. :lecture

More like a deep fried cube of butter.

I dunno... empty calories and butter almost seems like something with a point. I think you guys might be too generous in your analogies :lol

Back