Article: Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this has already been discussed, but really quick...is Nate cast in resin or plastic, and will the finished product's paint job be as good as the prototype?

Re: CREEPSHOW starts today!!!

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but really quick...is Nate cast in resin or plastic, and will the finished product's paint job be as good as the prototype?

I wondered about the resin or plastic thing myself. As well as the "rot" for the suit....it looks rubber-ish.... like mold :clap.

I'd like to do real wood if it's able to be done and affordable. Nothing better than the real thing if you can use it! I've been kicking around a few ideas for accessories and I think you'll like the end results :) "The Crate" is going to be a good one. And yes we're planning on a 1/4th version too!

And to answer Dr. Phibes questions we'll most likely break up the 1/6th and 1/4th and mix it up a bit for variety. Plus we'll be releasing our own original line of creepy folks that won't stay dead! And some new Bits & Pieces!!!

Dooley noted!!!!

Fluffy will have an articulated jaw!!! That's a definite!!!

Frank Dooley is my man, 110% faith it will be brung!!!! :rock

OK, U.S.A!!!!!1 :lecture

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERsr7-gvSUw&feature=related[/ame]

Ski

I'd like to do real wood if it's able to be done and affordable. Nothing better than the real thing if you can use it! I've been kicking around a few ideas for accessories and I think you'll like the end results :) "The Crate" is going to be a good one. And yes we're planning on a 1/4th version too!

And to answer Dr. Phibes questions we'll most likely break up the 1/6th and 1/4th and mix it up a bit for variety. Plus we'll be releasing our own original line of creepy folks that won't stay dead! And some new Bits & Pieces!!!

:panic::panic::panic: This man has our minds tapped/bugged! :lecture:lecture:lecture :lol

Well I knew this was going to get out eventually. First off not afraid of anything! And I don't have anything personal against Beto either. I think he does incredible work and he's very talented! But it's illegal plain and simple! I've been in this business and special effects for 20 years! I've worked hard for what I have and to get my business off the ground. I follow the rules and laws. I went through all the proper channels to obtain the licensing rights for CREEPSHOW so I could give you the fans and collectors affordable figures and collectibles.

I'm a big supporter of all the artists on here who strive to be better and be successful! I don't care what everyone is doing and sculpting and trying to sell. But I do care about the one property that I've invested a lot of time and money in and I must protect that! This isn't a game... it's business! If you want me to continue giving you the best horror collectibles out there and have them still be affordable then I have to put an end to things such as this.

As long as I dont have to pay 600 dollars for a fluffy Im with you shrunken head dooley :hi5:

Well I knew this was going to get out eventually. First off not afraid of anything! And I don't have anything personal against Beto either. I think he does incredible work and he's very talented! But it's illegal plain and simple! I've been in this business and special effects for 20 years! I've worked hard for what I have and to get my business off the ground. I follow the rules and laws. I went through all the proper channels to obtain the licensing rights for CREEPSHOW so I could give you the fans and collectors affordable figures and collectibles.

I'm a big supporter of all the artists on here who strive to be better and be successful! I don't care what everyone is doing and sculpting and trying to sell. But I do care about the one property that I've invested a lot of time and money in and I must protect that! This isn't a game... it's business! If you want me to continue giving you the best horror collectibles out there and have them still be affordable then I have to put an end to things such as this.

:yess::goodpost::exactly: Well said man , keep doing your thing

Betos fluffy cost $500?

I have no idea.:dunno Why do we keep going back to this fella? There are other cutomizers out there who have done these. I know of at least 2 resin kits, and didnt One's customs do some Creepshow figures?

I just saw customs like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Cre...s_Figurines&hash=item231bbb3a52#ht_860wt_1185

and thought, I hope I dont have to pay that much for the Fluffy with box, meat parts leftovers, etc. For the record (I know---I am a cheapskate), I would rather have Dooley's licensed item for $98 than the one in the link for $400. But thats just me.

Considering Hot Toys, etc. wants 200+ dollars for their items as well...there are other reference points for higher prices. Not every discussion about price is immediately to be assumed its aimed at Beto, One's, or the Easter Rabbit. Not everything typed about price (at least by me)here is a "jab" "poke" or whatever.

We all have our top tier "niches". I go ape crap over Norman Bates, The Wolfman, and Lugosi and Price. Then we all have our "I like those characters...but not as much" tier. Then we have the "I want to give those a "nod" in my collection....but I aint spending that much money on that particular character" tier.

For me it goes:

1. Classic Universal, Vincent Price, Hammer--top tier

2. B Movie monsters, Aliens and Predator, 70's

3. Then its slasher, 80's and modern at the bottom tier.

It has to be a super fantastic item like the Jason Part 3 ex pf that came out to make me invest larger denominations of currency on those characters. But if that pf had been $500....I wouldn't have bought it. :peace I have recently paid off 60,000 worth of debt in the form of paying off both my cars and all my credit cards. When you actually have to watch the money leaving your paws all at once to pay for something (instead of Flexpay or being drained away a little each month) it makes you re-prioritize which characters you are willing to spend $300 on, and which ones can get the '$20 Neca figure treatment" and be sat on the entertainment center,lol.

Have to agree with you Anton... price is not really a universal issue as different factors go into the production of figures and individual passions fuel what we'd want to pay.

I dig Creepshow, but not enough to drop hundreds on a figure... but if someone ever makes an accurate 1/6 Swamp Thing from the original movie I'll be selling off organs to fund it :lol

I have no idea.:dunno Why do we keep going back to this fella? There are other cutomizers out there who have done these. I know of at least 2 resin kits, and didnt One's customs do some Creepshow figures?

I just saw customs like this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Cre...s_Figurines&hash=item231bbb3a52#ht_860wt_1185

and thought, I hope I dont have to pay that much for the Fluffy with box, meat parts leftovers, etc. For the record (I know---I am a cheapskate), I would rather have Dooley's licensed item for $98 than the one in the link for $400. But thats just me.

Considering Hot Toys, etc. wants 200+ dollars for their items as well...there are other reference points for higher prices. Not every discussion about price is immediately to be assumed its aimed at Beto, One's, or the Easter Rabbit. Not everything typed about price (at least by me)here is a "jab" "poke" or whatever.

We all have our top tier "niches". I go ape crap over Norman Bates, The Wolfman, and Lugosi and Price. Then we all have our "I like those characters...but not as much" tier. Then we have the "I want to give those a "nod" in my collection....but I aint spending that much money on that particular character" tier.

For me it goes:

1. Classic Universal, Vincent Price, Hammer--top tier

2. B Movie monsters, Aliens and Predator, 70's

3. Then its slasher, 80's and modern at the bottom tier.

It has to be a super fantastic item like the Jason Part 3 ex pf that came out to make me invest larger denominations of currency on those characters. But if that pf had been $500....I wouldn't have bought it. :peace I have recently paid off 60,000 worth of debt in the form of paying off both my cars and all my credit cards. When you actually have to watch the money leaving your paws all at once to pay for something (instead of Flexpay or being drained away a little each month) it makes you re-prioritize which characters you are willing to spend $300 on, and which ones can get the '$20 Neca figure treatment" and be sat on the entertainment center,lol.

:tap Now you diss the Easter Bunny?! Treading a fine line, mister! :nono :lol

Have to agree with you Anton... price is not really a universal issue as different factors go into the production of figures and individual passions fuel what we'd want to pay.

I dig Creepshow, but not enough to drop hundreds on a figure... but if someone ever makes an accurate 1/6 Swamp Thing from the original movie I'll be selling off organs to fund it :lol

See---now for me, the $60 DC Mattel figure is enough of a nod to the Character of Swamp Thing. But I can tell you with some degree of certainty that if Someone produced a quality Black Sunday Barbara Steele Witch figure---I would probably go the organ route for that particular piece.

I realize the higher prices for customs also works like this: The figures arent being made in mass in a shop (by multiple hands) in assembly line fashion. People want to get paid for the time they put into the work. I get it. I had a buddy of mine about 20 years ago who saw that I had acquired a Bride of Frankenstein Aurora kit. This was before the internet took off, and before there were any re-pops. I lamented how I was going to get all the old paint off and restore her to her former glory.

He said "Let me do it". What he brought back was nothing short of a masterpiece. All clean and restored, and done in oils.

When I aksed him how much I owed him...his reply is: you would go broke if I charged you for the time I put into this. So, consider it my gift to you, because I know how much you wanted this kit to look good." So, believe me, I get why customs are more expensive than factory items. I will await with eagerness all news of future releases.:peace

Is it really possible to offer a product at $98 made in CHINA that can compare in quality to something that is custom or bespoke, handmade, hand tailored?

:tap Now you diss the Easter Bunny?! Treading a fine line, mister! :nono :lol

HAHAHAHAHA. I have to diss the Easter Bunny....Vincent Price played Iron Tail. The arch nemesis of Peter Cotton Tail (aka the Easter Rabbit).:nana:

Irontail_Peter_Cottontail.jpg

Is it really possible to offer a product at $98 made in CHINA that can compare in quality to something that is custom or bespoke, handmade, hand tailored?

Not all customs are hand tailored. Granted the higher end items like Beto's Pennywise and Fluffy are...but I have seen some pretty crappy customs with some pretty pricey asking prices. With clothing purchased from Hong Kong and Monkey Depot that were made in factories in China..:slap

I think we will all be happily surprised with Creepshow by SHS when we have them in our grubby little paws.:monkey3

I think it definitely is possible. Hot Toys figures very likely cost way more for you and I than they actually cost to produce (I read somewhere that it is something like $30 per figure), and rival just about anything I've seen custom-wise. People bring up Kato a lot, but as far as I understand it, all you have to do is make sure that the process of creating the mass produced clothing has the accurate tailoring built in.

But that doesn't mean that mass produced pieces will rival customs. Some custom artists are better than others, as are some factories.

I really can't wait to see what else Dooley has up his sleeve.

Can a mod please delete all the OT whinging and sour graping? :lecture

Back