Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

This thread and the Batman Returns one, always put a cloud over my collecting. At this stage, we will see the HT Affleck version of Batman before we see either Arkham or Returns.

:exactly::goodpost:

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure NOT REVEALED

Rumours are that afflecks batman is based of of the Noel suit:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389888585.938332.jpg

Personally I don't like the over exaggerated structure.

I remember reading that when it was shown to the alleged "authority" on Batman, fatso Kevin Smith. If that's it, I would rather go back to the nipple suits. At least they weren't overcomplicated messes.

I have a feeling they are going to go more towards Jim Lee's New 52 version. Going with those versions of the costumes would make the most sense. I personally hate the look of the Batman:Noel costume. I would be down for the Arkham version. That might be the only way we ever get this figure.

I remember reading that when it was shown to the alleged "authority" on Batman, fatso Kevin Smith. If that's it, I would rather go back to the nipple suits. At least they weren't overcomplicated messes.

Lol. What's the deal on Kevin Smith anyway?

I'm really not bothered about Batman in this movie, he's in a sequel to a misguided, preachy, Nolan-a-fied Superman movie so it's hard for me to care.

There's this Kevin Smith's Man of Steel podcast (free for download) where he desperately defends the movie against his buddy Ralph Garman, and Ralph has some truly hilarious insults to throw at the film. :lol

I have a feeling they are going to go more towards Jim Lee's New 52 version. Going with those versions of the costumes would make the most sense. I personally hate the look of the Batman:Noel costume. I would be down for the Arkham version. That might be the only way we ever get this figure.

I'd save the Arkhamverse style for a true Arkham live action (Nolan-free) movie adaptation written by folks like Paul Dini. How awesome would that be if that ever happened?

I'm really not bothered about Batman in this movie, he's in a sequel to a misguided, preachy, Nolan-a-fied Superman movie so it's hard for me to care.

There's this Kevin Smith's Man of Steel podcast (free for download) where he desperately defends the movie against his buddy Ralph Garman, and Ralph has some truly hilarious insults to throw at the film. :lol

I'd save the Arkhamverse style for a true Arkham live action (Nolan-free) movie adaptation written by folks like Paul Dini. How awesome would that be if that ever happened?

I've really become annoyed with him the last few years, and every time I see commercials for his bull **** comic show I want to throw one of my dumbbells through the TV.

For whatever reason, he's become the "voice" of Batman fans. :yuck

I think I read when he saw Affleck in the Batsuit, he cried in joy... -_-

:exactly: I have been saying for years that if WB/DC wants someone to shepherd their live action products, it should have always been Bruce Timm, Dwayne McDuffie(R.I.P.), and Paul Dini. These guys did this exact thing for years! You allow them to be the guiding hands, and have filmakers like Snyder, Nolan come in to reign them in as far as what is possible in Live Action(budgets, actors, etc). These guys are responsible for most of the viewing audiences versions of these characters. Their retelling of Mr. Freeze's origin became his comic origin, until new 52 ruined it! They changed Harvey's origin, but it was possibly the best episodes they ever did. And they understood how to include Robin and make it work with the dark tone. DC/WB could be killing Disney if they would put these guys in charge. Their animated movies are amazing. Dini's writing on the Arkham universe has been spectacular.

Wonder how the articulation will be and if they will go all out on the suit? he's almost hulk like and we all know how the huld turned out. Looked like a cartoon, but I guess this is how this is supposed to look too.

:exactly: I have been saying for years that if WB/DC wants someone to shepherd their live action products, it should have always been Bruce Timm, Dwayne McDuffie(R.I.P.), and Paul Dini. These guys did this exact thing for years! You allow them to be the guiding hands, and have filmakers like Snyder, Nolan come in to reign them in as far as what is possible in Live Action(budgets, actors, etc). These guys are responsible for most of the viewing audiences versions of these characters. Their retelling of Mr. Freeze's origin became his comic origin, until new 52 ruined it! They changed Harvey's origin, but it was possibly the best episodes they ever did. And they understood how to include Robin and make it work with the dark tone. DC/WB could be killing Disney if they would put these guys in charge. Their animated movies are amazing. Dini's writing on the Arkham universe has been spectacular.

WB had DECADES to put the DCAU team on the live action stuff but they haven't and won't because people like Timm, McDuffie and Dini aren't "famous" enough.

Heck, McDuffie and Shirley Walker never did received the recognition they deserved.

WB had DECADES to put the DCAU team on the live action stuff but they haven't and won't because people like Timm, McDuffie and Dini aren't "famous" enough.

Heck, McDuffie and Shirley Walker never did received the recognition they deserved.

No they didn't, and it's a damn shame. it seems like those guys do not get the respect the deserve for all their great work. Also Andrea Romano deserves much love for her brilliant job casting the voices. There have only been a handful of times I hated a voice she chose.

I'm gonna have to check out that podcast! I find Kevin Smith's podcasts hit and miss and way to expansive to follow but that is a podcast I'm gonna have to listen to.

Last edited:

Seriously really if hot toys can't get this right I don't want them to do the Arkham stuff.
vgl8.jpg

If you trim the hair, it'll make a very nice sculpt of Hannibal Lecter :lol.

Yup. Reminds me of this in a way:

thesilenceofthelambs3100711.jpg

I don't ever visit the Marvel section, but if anyone would like to troll with this in the respected thread, be my guest :lol.

I don't ever visit the Marvel section, but if anyone would like to troll with this in the respected thread, be my guest :lol.

I hardly go there bunch of fanboys over there they will buy anything hot toys throws at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back